Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IMP Comfort Absorber, Reliable?

views

PedangGila
post Jun 17 2016, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Am using this for more than a year already. Quite hard but not hard enough for hard cornering. Bouncy so it's a bit sensitive as I went from KL to melaka the highway seemed like uneven so the high rebound rate might gives you the rocking feeling. It's nothing soft. A friend using adjustable thought Im using one because he felt like the medium setting of his dampers as he drove mine. Rm1100 is the normal price for this, for myvi that is.
PedangGila
post Jun 18 2016, 10:58 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(xemoboyx @ Jun 18 2016, 10:42 AM)
so for myvi, this imp is bouncy? was thinking to change my stock suspension to something more comfort sweat.gif
First of all, myvi isn't build for comfort. Hardly any budget stricken car is comfortable as far as I can remember or experienced. Say if you fit a soft suspension and a soft tyre wall, your straight line stability will be shot immediately. Not to mention body roll during corners. I cant recommend anything to really improve the car's comfortability other than the stock shock and soft tyres. Soft spring? Meh. Nice comfy seat? Sure if you can afford recaro but that's way off too far.

One bloody car that is comfortable really really one to sit behind or in front is the ghost. Rolls fucking royce.
PedangGila
post Aug 7 2016, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Aug 6 2016, 03:26 PM)
Mh. My Citroen Xsara is pretty damn comfortable, and straight line stability? At full speed (170 km/h) I can let go of the steering wheel for 10, 20 seconds (usually there's a corner at some point...). Not to mention that the car wasn't affected by bumps in the road, it will go straight no matter what (unless I turn the steering wheel of course). My Golf would only get this comfortable at 180-200... the good thing is it turns the wheel itself when cornering. Otherwise the ride is significantly harsher... still acceptable, but nowhere near as good as the Citroen. For a normal car the Xsara is pretty impressive. Yes, there is body roll in corners, but it will still go around corners unless you really overdo it. The Golf will probably take the corner at even higher speeds, but just go a bit slower in corners then. I doubt many take corners at those speeds anyway.

IMHO what matters more in terms of straight line stability is the steering system, especially the power steering. On the Citroen, the self centering is strong, and the assistance goes down with increasing speeds (despite using a hydraulic system... it's easier to implement on electric power steering). Combine that with a good suspension setup and you've got a wonderful high speed cruiser (if the engine had more power).

Oh yeah, and if you want superb comfort you don't need a Rolls Royce. You need a car from the brand that licensed their suspension to Rolls Royce and sold them the components. Citroen. Big Citroens like the DS, SM, CX, XM, Xantia, C6 and (some) C5 ride like a dream. In the case of the Xantia Active that is combined with cornering capabilities that beat Lotus.
It's horrible feeling at least in a myvi with the soft combo, tyres and suspension. Recently I've driven a rented one stock and on straight it wasn't a good feeling. Yes I agree with the steering system of a myvi is not something you want to let go because of its simplicity. Hardly I ever took a hand of the wheel even in any car (altis, honda city, Latio) Ive driven at speed higher than 100kmh. Nope I havent had the chance to drive any european car to know their characteristic.

And thank you for the input.

PedangGila
post Aug 8 2016, 12:38 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Well, there're so many brand out on the shelf but if I don't wanna think about trying a new abs, I'll definitely stick with this IMP comfort. If it can last more than two years with me then it's fine. I've ran stock abs and changed to new one like after 2 years of use.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM