Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IMP Comfort Absorber, Reliable?

views

cempedaklife
post Feb 11 2019, 04:31 PM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Feb 11 2019, 04:18 PM)
Thanks for your suggestion! Saw your another thread that u were using this shokz abs. U also planned to change the mounts and bump stops last time. For mounts, are u referring to Engine mounts? Also each absorbers has a bump stops? It doesn't comes with the absorbers? Quite new to this absorber thing.
i posted the same change with different details across several related topics accordingly laugh.gif

mount is the absorber mount, not engine mount, about bump stops. i only able to find the front one online, and when i get it from honda official stockist, they also gave me only the two front ones. they never mentioned that rear has. but when i go and change it in workshop, the guy was asking about it for the rear one. and said since i didnt get it, he will reuse the old one, which is also a bit weird to me.

too bad, it was on cny sales that day for shokz on lazada that day. now it's back to "normal" price.

justin_chia
post Feb 11 2019, 11:23 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Feb 11 2019, 09:48 AM)
May i know how much did u spent on the stock Honda abs (front and back)?
Should be around 1k+, don’t remember clearly πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
lil_flank
post Feb 12 2019, 03:03 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Feb 11 2019, 04:31 PM)
i posted the same change with different details across several related topics accordingly  laugh.gif

mount is the absorber mount, not engine mount, about bump stops. i only able to find the front one online, and when i get it from honda official stockist, they also gave me only the two front ones. they never mentioned that rear has. but when i go and change it in workshop, the guy was asking about it for the rear one. and said since i didnt get it, he will reuse the old one, which is also a bit weird to me.

too bad, it was on cny sales that day for shokz on lazada that day. now it's back to "normal" price.
I see. Thanks for the information. I checked with APM but too bad they did not have shokz abs for Honda city 2014 onwards. Still underdevelopment.

QUOTE(justin_chia @ Feb 11 2019, 11:23 PM)
Should be around 1k+, don’t remember clearly πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Ok, thanks for the estimated price!
ZZR-Pilot
post May 13 2019, 02:47 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

I had these red IMP absorbers installed on my Sorento in 2015. Some 4 years and about 50,000km later, the front pair has started to get all bouncy already. Koyak.

Although I really like the firmer ride, seriously I was expecting more especially for the price I paid

Maybe these gas struts cannot tahan the weight of my 2-ton diesel SUV.

Black KYB ones cost RM600 for all 4 absorbers, a fraction the cost of these IMP buggers.
Thrust
post Jun 7 2019, 03:39 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ May 13 2019, 02:47 PM)
I had these red IMP absorbers installed on my Sorento in 2015. Some 4 years and about 50,000km later, the front pair has started to get all bouncy already. Koyak.

Although I really like the firmer ride, seriously I was expecting more especially for the price I paid

Maybe these gas struts cannot tahan the weight of my 2-ton diesel SUV.

Black KYB ones cost RM600 for all 4 absorbers, a fraction the cost of these IMP buggers.
After a 4 years using it, I found that these shocks became hard. No sign of oil leaks but it just became hard until the car can't absorb shocks well and transfer it into the cabin.

I've since replaced them with KYB Excel G.
ayamxxx
post Jun 7 2019, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

My experience was with pro ride sport absorber. Pretty reliable, cheap,improve the corner feeling vs standard on the old waja.

Standard absorber waja always k.o after 6 month onwards.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:43 AM