213 Pages « < 170 171 172 173 174 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Planted Aquarium V14

views

MeToo
post Sep 6 2019, 10:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Sep 4 2019, 10:56 PM)
I think sand would not have enough nutrient. It wouldn’t grow well. Try get ADA or equivalent- there are people selling 3kg ( they repack it )

Easy plants... let see if any other sifu can tell.
I was at Aquacult Mutiara damansara. They have wide selection of plants, and the price is reasonable. They label on the CO2 demand and light demand- high or low.

For light. I think a little weak.

Btw.... I am starting a small vase tanks.
Low tech type. ... wish me luck.

user posted image

Was thinking to do it as beta tank. Though might be boring w a single fish.
Any other suggestion on what to keep? I don’t like guppy
I like that wood.

I'm looking for a few to display my swords. Kinda lean the swords against the wood, looks more artistic then using those traditional sword stand.

Any idea where i might find them, prefer to have a good selection.. oh i'm in the klang valley, prefer subang/pj area if possible

This post has been edited by MeToo: Sep 6 2019, 10:52 AM
Clueless07
post Sep 6 2019, 02:48 PM

Regular
1,225 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Sep 6 2019, 10:50 AM)
I like that wood.

I'm looking for a few to display my swords. Kinda lean the swords against the wood, looks more artistic then using those traditional sword stand.

Any idea where i might find them, prefer to have a good selection.. oh i'm in the klang valley, prefer subang/pj area if possible
U should try Aquacult at mutiara damansara. They have a good selection of drift wood.

Check out their Aquascape and terrarium too, and hope u don’t get addicted.

Not sure if the size suits u.
If u need larger one. Then along the sungai Buloh road there are few nursery which sell them.

user posted image
MeToo
post Sep 6 2019, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Sep 6 2019, 02:48 PM)
U should try Aquacult at mutiara damansara. They have a good selection of drift wood.

Check out their Aquascape and terrarium too, and hope u don’t get addicted. 

Not sure if the size suits u.
If u need larger one. Then along the sungai Buloh road there are few nursery which sell them.

user posted image
ahh those are too small.

I need something bigger that will look decent if we place a say Katana on it.

I cant do pets, last time when young I had a pet fish which fell into the bathroom drain... traumatised me...
accelerateOK
post Sep 6 2019, 09:33 PM

20 posts

Hi all, anyone knows where i can hydrotest my co2 tank? Bought a used tank from friend (he stopped using for few months)..wana know if its good to use or needs rehydrotest..

around PJ or Shah Alam will be great..
Spaceman_27
post Sep 6 2019, 10:56 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Sep 6 2019, 11:30 AM)
Regarding my Rotala Indica, reducing light duration doesn't work well with it. The bottom part melting pretty quickly. No problem with Anacharis & the other two plants that I have not yet identified. Also I think my algae problem related to my Rotala stunted growth.
Follow Walstad Method. Use organic soil with compost in it. Much cheaper since you looking to that. You'll need to put gravel to minimize leaching from the soil. For few months water may cloudy/brownish, so need to change water regularly.

If you follow Walstad Method, CO2 is created by breakdown of organic compound in the soil. So you don't need to worry about CO2. For the plants, I have a list that I copied that grow well in low tech setup but unable to copy & paste here. I'm on mobile though. I'll add later when I'm on my computer. Get floating plants too.

EDIT:-
I just paste everything here. I didn't filter which ones for background. These are growing well in low tech setup. I can confirm Anacharis & Water Lettuce grow well although I'm not using organic soil in current setup. I have another 2 feet tank that I will use organic soil in it.

BTW, for substrate, clay is another cheaper option but water can be very cloudy. If you careful, gravel on top & didn't bother the plant too much, it is doable. For clay you can use unscented clay-type cat litter. I have no experience in this setup but I know how clay react with the water. If the water calm, it will not cloud the water, it will remain at the bottom. With the gravel on top, small 2mm to 3mm gravel & 1 to 1 ½ inch deep, should be ok I think. Maybe cloudy little bit when you first time fill the tank with water.

amazon swords
crypts
anubias
wisteria
frogbit
valisnaria
water sprite
salvania
duckweed
water lettuce
java moss
liverwort
waterweed
water nymph
narrow leafed anacharis
Ceratophyllum demersum (hornwort)
Azolla imbricate (mosquito fern)
Najas Guadalupensis (guppy grass)
Bacopa caroliniana
Ludwigia Sp. Mini Super Red
Hemianthus glomeratus (pearl grass)
Egeria densa (Anachris)
Didiplis diandra
Dwarf hairgrass

For light, I read it is recommended to use CFL/fluorescent lamp over LED.
Right, got it. Wow I've never heard of using kitty litter for substrate. But most likely I'll try the walstad method and cycle the water for 4 weeks before adding any shrimp or fish
Clueless07
post Sep 7 2019, 09:57 PM

Regular
1,225 posts

Finally got it set up.

Before fill up.
user posted image

End result
user posted image

So letting it cycle for a week first.
I’ve put a small piece filter cloth, and a thin layer of substrate from a mature tank to speed up the cycle.

The water also a mix of fresh water and from the another existing tank.

Would need to get some Amano shrimp later-to manage the algae. But it wouldn’t goes well with mini puffer right ? Puffer is meat eater as been told.

Any other suggestion?

This post has been edited by Clueless07: Sep 7 2019, 09:58 PM
KiddTkl
post Sep 7 2019, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

QUOTE(Sadru @ Sep 4 2019, 01:10 AM)
CO2 city corps price to refill now any updates on the rate?

thanks!
RM 12 n RM15.. big tank... I forgot the size.. I think 2kg and above is RM15. But it's the cheapest u can get I think.
KiddTkl
post Sep 7 2019, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Sep 7 2019, 09:57 PM)
Finally got it set up.

Before fill up.
user posted image

End result
user posted image
So letting it cycle for a week first.
I’ve put a small piece filter cloth, and a thin layer of substrate from a mature tank to speed up the cycle.

The water also a mix of fresh water and from the another existing tank.

Would need to get some Amano shrimp later-to manage the algae. But it wouldn’t goes well with mini puffer right ? Puffer is meat eater as been told.

Any other suggestion?
Amazing looking nano scape~ maybe to diy some type of stand to clip the light nearer to the middle so more lights on the foreground?

Pea puffer normally needs about 3 gallon/fish + good filtration as they r messy eaters. R u gonna put in a filter? any nitrite/nitrate spoke will kill them very fast. Mine died after 1 year cuz of that.. due to my negligence... If u r hardworking then maybe can risk it. Wonderful and cute fish.

I've done pea puffer with cherry shrimp before, can't get much baby shrimp but the adults was ok, and was heavily planted with some hiding spots. Maybe amano will be ok if your puffers are well fed. But the fish temperament is unpredictable so ymmv...

Clueless07
post Sep 7 2019, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,225 posts

QUOTE(KiddTkl @ Sep 7 2019, 10:15 PM)
Amazing looking nano scape~ maybe to diy some type of stand to clip the light nearer to the middle so more lights on the foreground?

Pea puffer normally needs about 3 gallon/fish + good filtration as they r messy eaters. R u gonna put in a filter? any nitrite/nitrate spoke will kill them very fast. Mine died after 1 year cuz of that.. due to my negligence... If u r hardworking then maybe can risk it. Wonderful and cute fish.

I've done pea puffer with cherry shrimp before, can't get much baby shrimp but the adults was ok, and was heavily planted with some hiding spots. Maybe amano will be ok if your puffers are well fed. But the fish temperament is unpredictable so ymmv...
Yup.... gonna DIY a wood base and add a 2” metal flat bar as stand to clip the light nearer to the front.
I don’t intend to do filter for time being....

What does pea puffer eat? If they eat a lot there there will be high Bio load. And if I feed less then the shrimp will be their meal. Aiks!

KiddTkl
post Sep 8 2019, 04:41 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Sep 7 2019, 11:51 PM)
Yup.... gonna DIY a wood base and add a 2” metal flat bar as stand to clip the light nearer to the front.
I don’t intend to do filter for time being....

What does pea puffer eat?  If they eat a lot there there will be high Bio load. And if I feed less then the shrimp will be their meal. Aiks!
They r fully carnivore. So basically snails and worms. U can feed worms manually using a twiser to avoid too much bioload, but if it doesn't eat worms and only snail, then sure will have high bioload as they won't clean the whole shell.

One of my puffer only eats snails and there's always alot of debris.
sarungman
post Sep 8 2019, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

Anyone know store sellingwide range variety of plants in PJ or puchong area? Im looking for floating plants like frogbit or duckweed

This post has been edited by sarungman: Sep 8 2019, 02:23 PM
im_not_stupid
post Sep 11 2019, 12:43 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

anyone know where to get cheaper hailea chiller around KL/PJ area?

many seller selling quite expensive T.T
Clueless07
post Sep 11 2019, 02:37 PM

Regular
1,225 posts

QUOTE(sarungman @ Sep 8 2019, 02:22 PM)
Anyone know store sellingwide range variety of plants in PJ or puchong area? Im looking for floating plants like frogbit or duckweed
Have u tried Aquacult Mutiara damansara.
they have a wide range of plants- and description such as the growth rate, light and CO2 demand etc.
Also i find their plant cheaper... eg dwarf hair grass is Rm 6 per bunch while some places selling in RM 10
and they keep it in running water... so what i got is healthy and ready to grow. the place i went keep it in frigde- so it is dormant.

kizwan
post Sep 14 2019, 04:55 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
826 posts

In my backyard there are several places that the soil always wet & when raining it get flooded always. There are many small plants grow healthily with red, green leaves. I'm wondering if I can put this in my tank. I have two planted tanks right now but I'm a bit hesitant to try these plants in my tanks. Both still long way to go in term of stability. Most importantly if anyone can help me identify the plants.
Clueless07
post Sep 15 2019, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,225 posts

Just out it in. What is the issue?
If it dies... it dies.
kizwan
post Sep 15 2019, 12:29 PM

826 posts

I prefer to know the plant name first. I hate planting without knowing at least the name of the plant. If I know the name then I can learn more about the plant.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Sep 15 2019, 03:36 PM
kizwan
post Sep 15 2019, 03:38 PM

826 posts

user posted image

I think this is hygrophila corymbosa. Do you guys agree?
iceage_chow
post Oct 16 2019, 12:18 AM

29 posts

Hi, I'm not exactly new here but just have been quiet. Would like to ask sifu sifu here what's wrong with my tank. It's like growing hair everywhere, including on plastic items and the plant's leaves. It's driving me crazy. I have been using the ista algae remover, reduce fertz and regular water change, but just can't stop the onslaught from this funny algae. I have a timer set for the light to about 7 hours everyday too. Will really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on what I'm having here and advice me on possible solution.

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by iceage_chow: Oct 16 2019, 12:23 AM
N900rocks
post Oct 16 2019, 08:05 AM

Casual
420 posts

hi guys, im new to aquascaping. im thinking to build a betta tank. any suggestion where i can get nice and affordable fish tank or even custom made one? so far ive been asking from taobao but most of them dont deliver to malaysia though.

im from sunway, selangor. so klang valley is fine for me
victorsoo
post Oct 16 2019, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(N900rocks @ Oct 16 2019, 08:05 AM)
hi guys, im new to aquascaping. im thinking to build a betta tank. any suggestion where i can get nice and affordable fish tank or even custom made one? so far ive been asking from taobao but most of them dont deliver to malaysia though.

im from sunway, selangor. so klang valley is fine for me
Maybe you can try Fish Depot in Aman Suria. They have quite a lot of tank options and I overheard customers enquiring about custom made tanks before too.

213 Pages « < 170 171 172 173 174 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 PM