Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

jimchan
post Feb 19 2017, 01:12 PM

29 posts

Dear all,

I've just adopted a kitten last 1 or 2 weeks.

When I adopted it that time, I still bottle feed it with formulated milk.

Now I think the kitten are roughly around 4 weeks old and it's already rejecting formulated milk, so now I'm feeding it Brit wet food for kitten.

I read a lot of online article saying that usually kitten will start eating dry food (kibbles) when they're around 5-6 weeks old.

But during they're matured enough for dry food, would they reject it and continue to look for the wet food as many articles saying that cat will pick what they want to eat and end up being a fussy eater.

Any one of you cat lover out there has this kind of experience? Please do share your experience, guidance needed notworthy.gif

Thank you!
jimchan
post Mar 1 2017, 03:39 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Mar 1 2017, 01:45 AM)
u start mixing the can food with mashed soak kibble, make sure the food is soft and the kitten can easily eat it,

gradually reduce the can food, to mashed soaked kibble, then dry kibble, over time.

tht's how i do to ' street kittens ' .  biggrin.gif
Thanks for the advice bro.. I'm starting to do that already

Usually now I'll soak the kibbles for roughly around 20mins then mix with some wet food.

My kitten now I think it's roughly around 5 or 6 weeks.. usually per meal it eat how much ya?

Mine like eat a lot sweat.gif every time after I put the food it'll finished it in a second and cries for more rclxub.gif
jimchan
post Mar 2 2017, 02:09 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Mar 2 2017, 11:35 AM)
At 5 - 6 weeks old, you don't need to soak kibbles with water anymore. At this age, two table spoon of wet food + kibbles (don't mix), 3 times a day should be enough.
Really? But mine like still doesn't know how to chew it's kibbles.. If I don't soak the kibbles I find it swallowing it instead because of having difficulty to chew it..

So it's stool will have undigested kibbles sweat.gif
jimchan
post Mar 2 2017, 04:27 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Mar 2 2017, 02:38 PM)
Kibbles for kitten are small, so it is fine for them to swallow.

What? Not true actually. It will be digested just fine by their digestive system.
Alright.. just sometimes feel a bit heartache watching it struggle to eat the kibbles coz maybe it doesn't know how to properly chew it.. sad.gif

Not sure.. but when I was cleaning it's litter box, I do find that it's stool has few undigested perfectly shape kibbles sweat.gif
jimchan
post Mar 21 2017, 08:46 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Mar 21 2017, 02:19 AM)
Yes it is necessary to provide water. If you are not planning on letting your cat outside, there is no need to bathe them.
I have a habit of bathing it on a weekly basis.. Been doing it for the past 1 month sweat.gif
jimchan
post Mar 24 2017, 09:18 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Mar 24 2017, 02:42 AM)
why? cats clean themselves, and if the cat isn't going outside, why bathe them? Unnecessary.
Umm.. I found mine like slightly different from other cats..

He's like don't know how to take care of his hygiene and I feel that he's dirty and smelly, that's why I bath him.

He got abandoned by his mom around 1 month old and doesn't have any siblings around him when I adopted it..

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0600sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:54 AM