Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

evonnewoon
post Apr 18 2019, 07:59 AM

14 posts

Hi, can anyone recommend good cat boarding services around klang valley area for total of 8 cats.. Need for 5 days from 3rd to 8th of May coz outstation unable to bring my cats along..

*One cat needs special attention, need to spoon feed her coz of health issue but i can send her alone to boarding at vet if unable to find suitable caretaker*

**Not necessary but best if the caretaker also has experience + able to boarding for 2 medium size dogs (not special breed, easy to take care, both are very gentle dogs and never ever harm any cats)**

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated, my usual boarding place is with a vet at old klang road (RM35/cat/day RM50/dog/day) but due to the numbers of pets im boarding and some cats with special condition this time, im tryin my luck here to see if anyone has better recommendations
evonnewoon
post Apr 22 2019, 11:31 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Apr 18 2019, 08:20 AM)
be careful of pet sitters esp those frm app start-up..

ive seen one case the dog is lost under the sitter care, it is very obvious many tht sign up dont hv experience..

its gona be costly youve got 8+2?

but a vet boarding tht charge 35/day is too much. tht is equal to kitten cottage's condo.
tht cocomomo list price is even higher..

not many legit / experienced pet boarding esp for cat.
recent case pet sitter operate frm home, lost customer cats.. u dont want tht to happen..

[attachmentid=10228975]

[attachmentid=10228980]
Yea, i do notice there's alot of personal pet caretaker or pet nanny type of services lately, but its really difficult to find one that i could trust, if there isn't too much options maybe i will just stick with the vet, im aware of the cost for 8+2 hahaha, used to the pricey boarding/vet bill since years ago so i've already prepared enough funds.
Btw, just asking, has anyone went to the UPM veterinary lately? I haven't been there for quite sometime, not sure if UPM Veterinary provide boarding service or not ya?
evonnewoon
post Feb 12 2020, 04:26 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Seager @ Jan 5 2020, 01:51 PM)
Hi everyone

May I seek your advice please.. I have a 6 year old domestic mid/ long haired ginger female, adopted as a stray from when she was just a couple months old. She's been fully indoor ever since, and only exposure to the outdoors would be during her visits to the vet - or whenever we have visitors at home (she's easily scared and thus usually hides in my room)

She had flea infection once, a couple years back - which was cured with Advantage spot on + diatomaceous earth powder.
She probably caught fleas through me, as I used to take care of a couple of other strays within the area too.. I've since taken care of the flea issue and she's been flea free since.

She broke her leg once probably 3 years ago, whilst running around at home. Brought her to the vet, all good and she was up and running in a couple weeks. Though, she picked up ringworm - I would assume she caught this at the vet itself, likely through the clippers used to trim her fur. I showered her frequently with Malaseb, and used medication provided by the vet to rid of Ringworm and she's been good since.

In early October 2019 - she had her regular scheduled annual vaccination. To which we made the dreaded trip to the vet. Vet determined she was all in good health, provided vaccination and we brought her home. HOWEVER, this is where things started to get really...itchy

A couple days after the vet visit, she started to itchy and was offen seen scratching using her hind legs, excessive licking of the bottom half of her body and nibbling (biting) herself. Mid October, I applied Advantage again, and started to shower her with Malaseb as well as powering her with DE just to be sure it wasn't another infection. Fast forward to mid-December, I started to notice bald patches at her hind regions, legs, and smaller bald patches on her ears. There were wounds (or scaly skin) due to her excessively licking and biting herself but did not look like ringworm. Seeing no improvement, I brought her back to the vet and they confirmed it wasn't ringworm but instead fur mites (mange?). They also reconfirmed by gut assumption that she could have picked this up at the vet during her last visit (which is why I dread bringing her to the vet). She was prescribed Frontline & Broadline spot on (seems Advantage doesn't work for mites). I've applied the necessary spot on, whilst dusting her bald areas with DE since.. but as of today, I do not yet see any improvement.

She still itches, and lately I've noticed that she has been increasingly licking and biting her ankles - more scaly skin and bald patches. I've applied another dose of Frontline a couple of days back and still dust her scaly skin regions with DE but nothing seems to be working.

What should I do? I've ordered Machiko shampoo and some sulfur bar soap online that should be arriving next week. Should I stop DE? Because all she seems to do is lick the power off the dusted areas.

I'll probably give her a shower with the sulfur soap next week and apply Broadline spot on a couple days later. In the meantime, your advise is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edit: located in Selayang/ Kepong btw - so if you have recommended vets that could help with this issue, please suggest as well.
Not sure if your problem is solved now, in case if it's still ongoing, giving some of my recommendations, my cat have not been to that serious stage before, but I have faced fur mites and ear mites issues with my cat before, and it is really difficult to get rid of, will take some time so u need to be patient with longer term of efforts. Some of the recommendations given by other members are very useful such as Himalaya Canisep (used to be my go-to product for cat wounds but just like what u commented i have doubt in its efficacy and switched product however can confirm it works well for small skin problem) and Sulfur soap (have to make sure rinse properly). I have tried Ivermectine before and all sorts of topical cream, none really works well for me at that time plus these are medications which can be dangerous to cats if overdose so I stopped using these products eventually, except for Frontline spray for rescued strays with lots of fleas that I need to get rid of asap (not the spot-on type which is quite useless if u ask me). If u have tried all the above and none work well for u so far, u can try this, I came across this recently and its the best working method for most of my cat skin problem, regardless of wounds, pus, itch, and its safe to use with pets even if they lick it. One of my rescued cat who had some serious cut on her lower mouth from lip to gum and cause her gum to swell up due to inflammation, along with some minor fur mites problem and her condition improved after about 1 week to completely healthy after 1 month. I'm not sure if the product is available at where u live but u can let me know if u cant find it, I'll send u address of the store where I bought this. Hope that ur cat get well soon!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
evonnewoon
post Feb 12 2020, 04:50 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(hyperx @ Jan 26 2020, 10:53 AM)
Hi, people. This is my first time posting here. This is my first time adopting a cat.

I have a domestic short hair female kitten, about 5 month old. She is actually a stray kitten, was so thin when she first came to my house. Now her weight is around 1.9kg. She would be receiving her 3rd vaccination early next month. She lives outdoor, i made her a house. My concern is that she is prone to get flu and fever, moreover given the fact she did not get her mother’s breastmilk, thus her immune might be low. This is her second time to have that within 3 months. I am quite worried as her appetite would reduced drastically, she would appeared lethargy, not active and became so thin whenever she got sick. Right now im feeding her with blackwood kitten dry with occasional cindy’s original or fussie cat premium wet once in two or three days.

Any suggestion on how to improve her immune system or maybe there is a better food for her?
As suggested by other members, Vetri-DMG is very effective for me and its basically one of the must have in my house. I usually also use L-Lysine together with vitamin C as antioxidant. Does she roam freely outdoor or she is just staying in the house u made and doesn't go out of the house? if she is a free-roamer then it can be difficult to maintain her health condition since she can catch all sorts of virus from other cats outside. I used to allow my cats roam freely whenever they like from day to night but now I limit their outdoor activity time and mostly keep them indoor, they are much healthier now. I'm feeding my cats with blackwood too, together with home-cooked meals, I think the food u are giving is good enough for her.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0649sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:37 PM