Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

evonnewoon
post Feb 12 2020, 04:50 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(hyperx @ Jan 26 2020, 10:53 AM)
Hi, people. This is my first time posting here. This is my first time adopting a cat.

I have a domestic short hair female kitten, about 5 month old. She is actually a stray kitten, was so thin when she first came to my house. Now her weight is around 1.9kg. She would be receiving her 3rd vaccination early next month. She lives outdoor, i made her a house. My concern is that she is prone to get flu and fever, moreover given the fact she did not get her mother’s breastmilk, thus her immune might be low. This is her second time to have that within 3 months. I am quite worried as her appetite would reduced drastically, she would appeared lethargy, not active and became so thin whenever she got sick. Right now im feeding her with blackwood kitten dry with occasional cindy’s original or fussie cat premium wet once in two or three days.

Any suggestion on how to improve her immune system or maybe there is a better food for her?
As suggested by other members, Vetri-DMG is very effective for me and its basically one of the must have in my house. I usually also use L-Lysine together with vitamin C as antioxidant. Does she roam freely outdoor or she is just staying in the house u made and doesn't go out of the house? if she is a free-roamer then it can be difficult to maintain her health condition since she can catch all sorts of virus from other cats outside. I used to allow my cats roam freely whenever they like from day to night but now I limit their outdoor activity time and mostly keep them indoor, they are much healthier now. I'm feeding my cats with blackwood too, together with home-cooked meals, I think the food u are giving is good enough for her.
Nekochan
post Feb 18 2020, 08:57 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

Hi. My kitty has really dirty ears. Lots of ear wax everyday. Not sure if it's normal or not. The Dr back then said it was normal.doesnt seems to be ear mite. But I still put ear mite medicine for him and clean his ear everyday.

So the question is, is the ear wax due to his diet. I fed him royal canin kitten. Read it somewhere that it can be from diet. I'm very reluctant to change his diet since this one give him firm poop and he looks healthy.

Any advise? First time taking care of cat so not sure if it's normal.

Anyway, here's my cat looking ready for valentine. Hahaha.

This post has been edited by Nekochan: Feb 18 2020, 09:07 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
chickunburrito
post Feb 19 2020, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

anyone know a good medicated shampoo suitable for kitten and adult cats that i can buy from shopee?

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    2.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 12:29 AM