80 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

Dresperado
post Jan 15 2015, 11:24 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(gennee @ Jan 15 2015, 11:15 AM)
If i were you, dont buy such a big pack. if you just got your cat, try experimenting with different types / brands of keebles. in my case, i feed Orange with Blackwood initially. he was ok till at one point, he doesnt seem to be interested in that anymore so i had to switch brand. now i'm feeding him with Evo.
I feed my cat Blackwood, and once awhile wet food (mackerel, tuna etc) to prevent him from getting bored of his dry food. sweat.gif

------------

Guys, may I know how long it takes for a cat to recover from post-spay op?
Wanted to spay my cat, and I think i shld take leave to take care of him..
Otherwise, no time sia unsure.gif
jessteong
post Jan 15 2015, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 15 2015, 11:24 AM)
I feed my cat Blackwood, and once awhile wet food (mackerel, tuna etc) to prevent him from getting bored of his dry food.  sweat.gif

------------

Guys, may I know how long it takes for a cat to recover from post-spay op?
Wanted to spay my cat, and I think i shld take leave to take care of him..
Otherwise, no time sia  unsure.gif
i let my boy run around freely after 3 days, as he seems fine. guys are easier.

as for the girl, depends on the surgical site. if it's a key hole Ops, strictly keep her in the cage for at least 5 days.
if it's a big stretch type of Ops, at least a week, depends on her healing speed, may need more days
any jumping, rough playing is not recommended up to 2 weeks for any types of the Ops.

my girl had a key hole Ops, got her back home on the second day.
wound looks nice until the 3rd day where she move alot at home and the wound became red
started to cage her up and monitored her wound 2 times a day up to a week, plus gave her a cone (which she hates) and also put a post surgical stitches water-proof plaster to stop her from licking the wound.
after 5 days, she's all good. currently she's on her day 13th after spayed.
remy_ymer
post Jan 15 2015, 12:45 PM

QUOTE(gennee @ Jan 15 2015, 11:15 AM)
If i were you, dont buy such a big pack. if you just got your cat, try experimenting with different types / brands of keebles. in my case, i feed Orange with Blackwood initially. he was ok till at one point, he doesnt seem to be interested in that anymore so i had to switch brand. now i'm feeding him with Evo.
Thank you for the info bro. I bought 2.73 kg pack only bro. so far so good bro..if it happen..i will change other brand. I'm from Kuching, Sarawak. difficult to find other brand. most of pet shop sell rc and blackwood. Evo has limited stock and orijen and other premium brand not sell in kuching as far as I search for its.
Dresperado
post Jan 15 2015, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(jessteong @ Jan 15 2015, 12:23 PM)
i let my boy run around freely after 3 days, as he seems fine. guys are easier.

as for the girl, depends on the surgical site. if it's a key hole Ops, strictly keep her in the cage for at least 5 days.
if it's a big stretch type of Ops, at least a week, depends on her healing speed, may need more days
any jumping, rough playing is not recommended up to 2 weeks for any types of the Ops.

my girl had a key hole Ops, got her back home on the second day.
wound looks nice until the 3rd day where she move alot at home and the wound became red
started to cage her up and monitored her wound 2 times a day up to a week, plus gave her a cone (which she hates) and also put a post surgical stitches water-proof plaster to stop her from licking the wound.
after 5 days, she's all good. currently she's on her day 13th after spayed.
Thanks.. mine is a boy, hopefully is easier icon_rolleyes.gif
spunkberry
post Jan 15 2015, 01:09 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

QUOTE(scorpionballs @ Jan 15 2015, 10:49 AM)
Hmmm true. But I'd be worried about them jumping to the top of the railing and sitting there / potentially falling off.  sad.gif
Cats are stunt artists, I wouldn't be too concerned. otherwise you're going to have to block off the balcony area for your peace of mind.
Dresperado
post Jan 17 2015, 06:53 PM

Is it normal if a cat rarely meows?
SupermanLick
post Jan 17 2015, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 17 2015, 06:53 PM)
let the cat be hungry ,cat not meow will become dumb

or try to smash him , 'meow' means hurt
spunkberry
post Jan 18 2015, 04:18 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

It is normal. Meowing is a communication method strictly for humans and is a learned behavior, meaning that cats only start meowing often when they figure out that humans respond to it.

My cats are very talkative, which is odd to me because neither of them are Siamese (a notoriously talkative cat breed), but I think their previous owner encouraged it.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Jan 18 2015, 05:02 AM
jessteong
post Jan 19 2015, 09:51 AM

Getting Started

my cats rarely meow unless they want something from us
for example:
' house keeping! I just poo, please clean up"
' i saw something up there, i cant reach, help'
' i'm hungry'
' let me out from the cage'
' i want to go into the house & watch TV with you'
' where are you bringing me?'
laugh.gif
justsimply
post Jan 19 2015, 03:56 PM

Hello!
Any suggestions for cat boarding services around or nearby Damansara Heights/Hartamas areas?
So far I'm looking at Happy Fat Cat and Kitten Cottage in TTDI. Any reviews for them?
Thanks smile.gif
kizwan
post Jan 20 2015, 08:44 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(scorpionballs @ Jan 15 2015, 10:49 AM)
Hmmm true. But I'd be worried about them jumping to the top of the railing and sitting there / potentially falling off.  sad.gif
The only thing I can think of is install full grills or close the balcony at all time. At which floor are you on? I don't think your cat will jump but there is chance they can fall off while they sleeping on the railing.

Yes, it's normal. I have a couple of cats that very rarely meow.
spunkberry
post Jan 20 2015, 11:42 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(justsimply @ Jan 19 2015, 03:56 PM)
Hello!
Any suggestions for cat boarding services around or nearby Damansara Heights/Hartamas areas?
So far I'm looking at Happy Fat Cat and Kitten Cottage in TTDI. Any reviews for them?
Thanks smile.gif
Have you looked into hiring a pet sitter? They are preferable to boarding services.
Dresperado
post Jan 21 2015, 12:39 AM

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 18 2015, 04:18 AM)
It is normal. Meowing is a communication method strictly for humans and is a learned behavior, meaning that cats only start meowing often when they figure out that humans respond to it.

My cats are very talkative, which is odd to me because neither of them are Siamese (a notoriously talkative cat breed), but I think their previous owner encouraged it.
QUOTE(jessteong @ Jan 19 2015, 09:51 AM)
my cats rarely meow unless they want something from us
for example:
' house keeping! I just poo, please clean up"
' i saw something up there, i cant reach, help'
' i'm hungry'
' let me out from the cage'
' i want to go into the house & watch TV with you'
' where are you bringing me?'
laugh.gif
QUOTE(kizwan @ Jan 20 2015, 08:44 PM)
Yes, it's normal. I have a couple of cats that very rarely meow.
Thanks pewpur. Guess I was overly concerned. Thought he was having voice issue or what.. + he very reluctant to drink water one

----------------

Is it necessary to buy cat dental snacks/sticks? Does such thing exist? IF there is, what brand is highly recommended?
spunkberry
post Jan 21 2015, 12:45 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 21 2015, 12:39 AM)
Thanks pewpur. Guess I was overly concerned. Thought he was having voice issue or what.. + he very reluctant to drink water one
This is why wet food is recommended. Cats don't actually have a thirst drive, hence why they hardly drink enough water to stay hydrated. I'm lucky that both my cats do drink water, but they are also on wet food so I supplement it.

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 21 2015, 12:39 AM)
Is it necessary to buy cat dental snacks/sticks? Does such thing exist? IF there is, what brand is highly recommended?
They don't actually work. A lot of people still believe that dry food helps maintain a cat's teeth because they chew it and the kibble rubs against their teeth, but this isn't true. Cats do not chew. They bite and swallow.

I buy dental treats for my cats, but I know it's merely for my peace of mind, rather than the fact that they actually work. I maintain my cats' teeth by brushing daily whenever I can.
Dresperado
post Jan 21 2015, 01:04 AM

spunkberry
U feeding ur cats with which brand? *wet food
spunkberry
post Jan 21 2015, 01:18 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 21 2015, 01:04 AM)
spunkberry
U feeding ur cats with which brand? *wet food
They are currently on Wellness.
kizwan
post Jan 21 2015, 01:52 AM

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 21 2015, 12:45 AM)
This is why wet food is recommended. Cats don't actually have a thirst drive, hence why they hardly drink enough water to stay hydrated. I'm lucky that both my cats do drink water, but they are also on wet food so I supplement it.
They don't actually work. A lot of people still believe that dry food helps maintain a cat's teeth because they chew it and the kibble rubs against their teeth, but this isn't true. Cats do not chew. They bite and swallow.

I buy dental treats for my cats, but I know it's merely for my peace of mind, rather than the fact that they actually work. I maintain my cats' teeth by brushing daily whenever I can.
I (still) believe dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. I agree brushing their teeth will keep their gum & teeth healthy. I honestly do not brush my cats teeth but I did regularly check them.
spunkberry
post Jan 21 2015, 02:23 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jan 21 2015, 01:52 AM)
I (still) believe dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. I agree brushing their teeth will keep their gum & teeth healthy. I honestly do not brush my cats teeth but I did regularly check them.
I was not referring to stronger gums or teeth, though I don't believe that either. I was referring to teeth hygiene - tartar and plaque buildup. Dry food or treats do not help very much.

Just to clarify, my cats are on a wet and dry food diet.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Jan 21 2015, 02:23 AM
kizwan
post Jan 21 2015, 02:42 AM

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 21 2015, 02:23 AM)
I was not referring to stronger gums or teeth, though I don't believe that either. I was referring to teeth hygiene - tartar and plaque buildup. Dry food or treats do not help very much.

Just to clarify, my cats are on a wet and dry food diet.
I know, I got that. I wasn't said you were. I just replying that I still believe the dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. The second sentence about brushing teeth should already clarify that I got what you meant in your previous reply, what you actually referring to.

There's no need to clarify. I didn't say wet food is bad, if you still misunderstanding my previous reply. Mine as well on a wet & dry food.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 21 2015, 02:44 AM
spunkberry
post Jan 21 2015, 04:20 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jan 21 2015, 02:42 AM)
I know, I got that. I wasn't said you were. I just replying that I still believe the dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. The second sentence about brushing teeth should already clarify that I got what you meant in your previous reply, what you actually referring to.

There's no need to clarify. I didn't say wet food is bad, if you still misunderstanding my previous reply. Mine as well on a wet & dry food.
Sorry, that last sentence wasn't for you, but since you brought up the dry food point, I wanted to make sure that Dresperado knew that smile.gif

Thanks.

80 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0908sec    7.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 10:50 AM