Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [FAQ] PC auto restart/Blue Screen (BSOD), All questions go here please.

cactuscch2
post Apr 29 2017, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

My 4.5 years old laptop BSOD randomly (mostly when playing video, streaming youtube & browsing on Chrome/Firefox) and I suspected driver problem of ATI Radeon HD7670M or the GC is dying. The minidump show the driver causing BSOD is atikmpag.sys

Things i did:-
1) Format the entire HDD and factory reset - result: BSOD every 2-3 hours

2) Set maximum processor state to 75% on battery & plugged in - result: BSOD less, 1-3 times in 24 hours

3) Install HWMonitor - result: CPU i7-3612QM 55-65C idle, GC 50-55C idle

4) Boot into safemode to run [DisplayDriverUninstaller (Safemode) v16.0.0.2], then re-install the latest version of driver downloaded from ATI [amd-catalyst-15.7.1-without-dotnet45-win7-64bit] - result: still BSOD 1-2 times in 24 hours

5) Repeat step 4) but this time go into cmd and EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. (follow method 2 from http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-165...d-startup.html) - slight modification as I type atikmpag.sy_ (not atikmdag.sy_) - result: still BSOD 1-2 times in 24 hour

6) Want to switch to built-in Intel GC but unfortunately there is no Intel GC, as Device Manager only show "AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series"

I'm going crazy, any sifu??

This post has been edited by cactuscch2: Apr 29 2017, 08:52 AM
regan96
post May 15 2017, 02:43 PM

Casual

Can someone help me with this problem. It shows the screen then goes into automatic repairing then goes into black screen. I don't know what to do.
Attached Image
Attached Image
JohnLinc
post May 19 2017, 08:09 PM

Group: Newbie

registered12345 nice product it is smile.gif
JohnLinc
post May 19 2017, 08:10 PM

registered12345 nice product
ningningza
post Jul 22 2017, 11:40 AM

It seems to have an error.
รับทำเว็บไซต์
Belphegor
post Aug 20 2017, 11:52 AM

Striving the best to beat the rest.
Group: Senior Member

Im having this issue; PC sometimes auto shut down itself via BSOD or terus shut down. Then the process of turn on, shut down 2 seconds later and it repeats until I decides to shut down the PC completely.

I also just clean the interior and swap the RAM slot, I notice a significant delay on the usage even on the videos.

Any ways to fix it? hmm.gif
rojan89
post Apr 23 2018, 11:19 AM

QUOTE(cactuscch2 @ Apr 29 2017, 08:48 AM)
My 4.5 years old laptop BSOD randomly (mostly when playing video, streaming youtube & browsing on Chrome/Firefox) and I suspected driver problem of ATI Radeon HD7670M or the GC is dying. The minidump show the driver causing BSOD is atikmpag.sys

Things i did:-
1) Format the entire HDD and factory reset - result: BSOD every 2-3 hours

2) Set maximum processor state to 75% on battery & plugged in - result: BSOD less, 1-3 times in 24 hours

3) Install HWMonitor - result: CPU i7-3612QM 55-65C idle, GC 50-55C idle

4) Boot into safemode to run [DisplayDriverUninstaller (Safemode) v16.0.0.2], then re-install the latest version of driver downloaded from ATI [amd-catalyst-15.7.1-without-dotnet45-win7-64bit] - result: still BSOD 1-2 times in 24 hours

5) Repeat step 4) but this time go into cmd and EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. (follow method 2 from http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-165...d-startup.html) - slight modification as I type atikmpag.sy_ (not atikmdag.sy_) - result: still BSOD 1-2 times in 24 hour

6) Want to switch to built-in Intel GC but unfortunately there is no Intel GC, as Device Manager only show "AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series"

I'm going crazy, any sifu??
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IN MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP.
I WAS TRYING TO BE A SMART ASS, AND WANTED TO UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS TO LATEST BUILDS INCLUDING BIOS. HOWEVER, THE BSOD WAS BECAUSE OF UPDATING THE GRAPHICS DRIVER.
UNFORTUNATELY, 7670M DON'T HAVE ANY LATEST BUILD, THE CATALYST CONTROL SAYS IT SUPPORTS 7600M SERIES, BUT ITS NOT REALLY GOOD FOR 7670M.
I ROLLBACK THE DRIVER TO THE OLD ONE.
THEN THE BSOD WAS GONE.
cactuscch2
post May 3 2018, 09:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rojan89 @ Apr 23 2018, 11:19 AM)
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IN MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP.
I WAS TRYING TO BE A SMART ASS, AND WANTED TO UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS TO LATEST BUILDS INCLUDING BIOS. HOWEVER, THE BSOD WAS BECAUSE OF UPDATING THE GRAPHICS DRIVER.
UNFORTUNATELY, 7670M DON'T HAVE ANY LATEST BUILD, THE CATALYST CONTROL SAYS IT SUPPORTS 7600M SERIES, BUT ITS NOT REALLY GOOD FOR 7670M.
I ROLLBACK THE DRIVER TO THE OLD ONE.
THEN THE BSOD WAS GONE.
Wow, I got a reply from a post in Apr 2017!! Actually I did install the old graphic driver in TOSAPINS folder that existed since day 1. But it did not help much. I endured the pain for 10 months and learn to avoid what I can/ can't do
- can't use google street view
- can't use Chrome, can use FireFox
- can't use Lightroom
- can play video with SolveigMM Video Splitter (much less BSOD), but not other players like MPC-HC, VLC, WMP, KM Player (sure BSOD).

Finally bought a basic HP laptop in Feb 2018. Just leave my Toshiba unused. Appreciate it if rojan89 can upload the good driver and let me try.
davidmichaels
post May 31 2018, 05:31 PM

It happened with me also so I took my hardisk and brought it to a local IT shop house to help me out in it.
After that, i came back installed my harddisk back to my computer.
And i get an error x9c. After that i was able to find a solution through a website https://www.onlineprivacytips.co/ .
rascalm
post Jul 20 2018, 04:58 PM

If no errors were found in memory or with the hard disk, you need to ensure that your processor is not overheating. Make sure the fan on the heatsink is in working order and reboot the computer, pressing DEL repeatedly on startup to go into the BIOS setup screen.
You could watch an IOS movie file on the computer as long as you install a virtual drive. But if you wish to share the movies with your friend and families, it is better to burn ISO to DVD and then play them on TV.

This post has been edited by rascalm: Jul 26 2018, 01:53 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0708sec    1.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 04:37 AM