Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

87 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health The Weight Loss Thread v4, New year, new you :)

views

chickenriceboy
post Apr 10 2019, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 10 2019, 09:43 AM)
which 1 did u use?
this? the powder one the description says snack replacement so i dun think can use tht to replace an entire meal
https://glucerna.com/nutrition-products/glu...-rich-chocolate
ensure have a little more fat so it is more filling
i use both ..

chinti
post Apr 10 2019, 04:56 PM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

QUOTE(chickenriceboy @ Apr 10 2019, 04:54 PM)
ensure have a little more fat so it is more filling
i use both ..
how long have u been replacing ur meals?
i will go n get glucerna to try 1st as it seems like ensure hv a lot higher sugar content

This post has been edited by chinti: Apr 10 2019, 05:03 PM
chickenriceboy
post Apr 10 2019, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 10 2019, 04:56 PM)
how long have u been replacing ur meals?
i will go n get glucerna to try 1st as it seems like ensure hv a lot higher sugar content
dont worry bout the sugar content as you have both fiber and protein to slow down the sugar content. dont see nutrition as component but as a whole package.

ive lost weight using both of these products and it is more sustainable than herbal life.

of course with protein .. u have to start lifting weights to turn all you have input into muscle to burn fat.
chinti
post Apr 10 2019, 05:12 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(chickenriceboy @ Apr 10 2019, 05:09 PM)
dont worry bout the sugar content as you have both fiber and protein to slow down the sugar content. dont see nutrition as component but as a whole package.

ive lost weight using both of these products and it is more sustainable than herbal life.

of course with protein .. u have to start lifting weights to turn all you have input into muscle to burn fat.
i see, im not lifting weight but im doing a lot of cycling.
i will try one first and see how it goes. will use it to replace my lunch smile.gif
chickenriceboy
post Apr 10 2019, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 10 2019, 05:12 PM)
i see, im not lifting weight but im doing a lot of cycling.
i will try one first and see how it goes. will use it to replace my lunch  smile.gif
ive been competitively cycling for the past 5 years. 110 kg hardly lost any weight,.

i still do cycling but majority of my weigh loss effort comes from lifting weights, pushups and sits up .
With the protein diet . i managed to lose 20kg in 4 months ..never felt better. Shirt sizxe From XXL to Medium
waist size move from 38 to 30 .. can wear slim fit jeans and looked good,

i definitely now can says to those people who asked me to stay off carbs ( which is a stupid idea because where are u going to get energy to workout)

chinti
post Apr 11 2019, 09:19 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(chickenriceboy @ Apr 10 2019, 05:38 PM)
ive been competitively cycling for the past 5 years. 110 kg hardly lost any weight,.
i still do cycling but majority of my weigh loss effort comes from lifting weights, pushups and sits up .
With the protein diet . i managed to lose 20kg in 4 months ..never felt better. Shirt sizxe From XXL to Medium
waist size move from 38 to 30 .. can wear slim fit jeans and looked good,

i definitely now can says to those people who asked me to stay off carbs ( which is a stupid idea because where are u going to get energy to workout)
wow 20kg in 4 months, thts super impressive.
u said u use the replacement meal for breakfast and lunch, night u ate fruits n veges. is this ur diet for 4 months?
btw, i just bought the glucerna yesterday, will replace my lunch wit it today.
chickenriceboy
post Apr 11 2019, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 11 2019, 09:19 AM)
wow 20kg in 4 months, thts super impressive.
u said u use the replacement meal for breakfast and lunch, night u ate fruits n veges. is this ur diet for 4 months?
btw, i just bought the glucerna yesterday, will replace my lunch wit it today.
i would rather you stick to regular diet and drink glucerna after .

To lose weigh you need to eat regularly to boost metabolism . protein will boost your metabolism . Glucerna isnt enough as meal replacement.

Eating more protein and halving your carbs is good .. meaning rice one small fist + double portion of proteins and veggies.

Yes every day is cheat day for me. i eat what i want but i make sure i follow that diet plan .

most importantly signing up for gym to do once a day will accelerate your weighloss .

When you start slimming down, then you will make healthy choices..to cut out fats and eat lean .

I take oranges and half boiled eggs in the evening or take roasted chicken . steam veggies .

whilst healthy diet is important. working it out lifting weight rather than doing cardio is better for weight loss

KitZhai
post May 24 2019, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Hi guys imma trying to build a better body but I dont know what should I do aside from jogging.

unsure how to describe my body, i aint too thin yet not too muscular. But can see some fit shape at my body. I got just a little bit of tummy and i have a wish to make them 6 packs.

My daily routine is very random but I usually spend my time jogging for like min 5km per day. then do some sit up/bicycle kicks.

Any guide on how and what should I eat? People says that eating rice isn't good
edwardcota P
post May 25 2019, 08:49 AM

Probation
8 posts

People tend to over complicate it. Like a famous marathon runner once said "Eat less, run more."

To be specific, cut down on foods that are high in fat and cholesterol and eat in small portions several times a day only until you're satisfied.

Be consistent with whatever you're using to weigh yourself. The last thing you want to do is use one scale at the beginning and then switch to another scale that may show you actually weigh a lot more or less than your actual weight. Stick with one scale throughout to track your progress accurately.

I noticed that my doctor and all the professional gyms use analog scales so I invested in a physician scales. It's analog so I can get consistent results without wondering why Im suddenly 5 pounds heavier.

Finally, cheat every now and then and treat yourself to some sweets or junk food. Keeps you motivated and hey, life isnt all about being super fit and skinny. Have some fun!
sweet_pez
post May 26 2019, 04:51 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

quote=KitZhai,May 24 2019, 05:25 PM]
Hi guys imma trying to build a better body but I dont know what should I do aside from jogging.

unsure how to describe my body, i aint too thin yet not too muscular. But can see some fit shape at my body. I got just a little bit of tummy and i have a wish to make them 6 packs.

My daily routine is very random but I usually spend my time jogging for like min 5km per day. then do some sit up/bicycle kicks.

Any guide on how and what should I eat? People says that eating rice isn't good

[/quote]

Suggest you check your fat % and see where you're at for now. If you want 6 packs, you'll need to cut down fat % and increase muscle mass.

Cardio helps to burn/ reduce fat but it also depends on the food you have been eating throughout the day, and week. 6 packs mean eating cleaner and leaner (yes you can have cheat days haha) but discipline is a big part of it. Consistent weights and functional training to shape your body is just as important.

It's not rice but carbs in general, if you're looking at shaping your body. Imo at least rice have nutrients which bread doesn't have hmm.gif
butterkijen
post Jun 14 2019, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

hi yall
i'm trying lose some weight like probably around 3 kg, but it's just not....working

the changes that i made
i stop eating after around 6/7
i only take lunch and dinner

i mean like sometimes my weight will go down by like 2 kg or around that but then it will go back to before,

Is my method not sustainable? The only exercise that i do is like walking daily around 4 km

Or is this something that i experience as i get older? I mean like my weight is steadily increasing since I was 18 rclxub.gifrclxub.gif I am 22 now

Thanks smile.gif
xkldnamhai P
post Jun 14 2019, 06:43 PM

Probation
15 posts

20kg in 4 months, so great
axtray
post Jun 14 2019, 09:04 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(butterkijen @ Jun 14 2019, 06:38 PM)
hi yall
i'm trying lose some weight like probably around 3 kg, but it's just not....working

the changes that i made

i mean like sometimes my weight will go down by like 2 kg or around that but then it will go back to before,

Is my method not sustainable? The only exercise that i do is like walking daily around 4 km

Or is this something that i experience as i get older? I mean like my weight is steadily increasing since I was 18 rclxub.gifrclxub.gif I am 22 now
Thanks smile.gif
instead of not sustainable, you may have been unconsciously eating abit more during the lunch and dinner to compensate not eating your breakfast, and snacks etc. So yea unless you track the food you eat, 1 by 1, you'll most likely be going in circles unless you make a conscious effort to really reduce your food intake.
Genji Shimada P
post Jun 19 2019, 05:25 PM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(butterkijen @ Jun 14 2019, 06:38 PM)
hi yall

the changes that i made

Thanks smile.gif
not sure about your actual situation and conditions, but generally speaking, you should eat breakfast and lunch, then a light dinner that is not too oily, skipping breakfast will cause healthy problem in a long term, can google it for more details. Eat regularly.

also, what did you eat and how much of it actually? try to avoid too much sugar, salt, oil, protein (egg, meat, milk and etc), eat more vegi. Avoid fast food and all the drink like milk tea, milo ice and etc, can't get your weight down if you have too much of it.

walking around 4km for daily basis is good, it would be better if you can swim or jogging, try to google for a more effective fat burn plan and stick to the plan.
Terrifickshamy
post Jun 27 2019, 09:24 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Genji Shimada @ Jun 19 2019, 05:25 PM)
not sure about your actual situation and conditions, but generally speaking, you should eat breakfast and lunch, then a light dinner that is not too oily, skipping breakfast will cause healthy problem in a long term, can google it for more details. Eat regularly.

also, what did you eat and how much of it actually? try to avoid too much sugar, salt, oil, protein (egg, meat, milk and etc), eat more vegi. Avoid fast food and all the drink like milk tea, milo ice and etc, can't get your weight down if you have too much of it.

walking around 4km for daily basis is good, it would be better if you can swim or jogging, try to google for a more effective fat burn plan and stick to the plan.
What did you eat for the lunch and dinner?
Genji Shimada P
post Jul 1 2019, 01:09 PM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(Terrifickshamy @ Jun 27 2019, 09:24 AM)
What did you eat for the lunch and dinner?
I have lunch and dinner like normal people of course,
sweet_pez
post Jul 1 2019, 02:42 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Genji Shimada @ Jul 1 2019, 01:09 PM)
I have lunch and dinner like normal people of course,
Definition of 'normal' is very loose in this section laugh.gif while someone may deem McDonald's as a normal dinner, some members here may find that as a meal to avoid like a plague except on cheat day.

So the question is in reference to what do you normally eat for lunch and dinner. Rice? Vege? fried chicken? eggs? noodles? kuay teow? chicken chop? etc
Genji Shimada P
post Jul 2 2019, 10:03 AM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 1 2019, 02:42 PM)
Definition of 'normal' is very loose in this section laugh.gif while someone may deem McDonald's as a normal dinner, some members here may find that as a meal to avoid like a plague except on cheat day.

So the question is in reference to what do you normally eat for lunch and dinner. Rice? Vege? fried chicken? eggs? noodles? kuay teow? chicken chop? etc
To be honest, I don't really follow the weight lose measurement rclxs0.gif , yup, noodles, nasi lemak, eggs, chicken and etc, because I'm actually happy with my body weight and BMI is 23.1, so as long as the number and blood test report doesn't show any big issue then that's ok for me

And of course, many health issue actually caused by the way they eat/ not enough exercise/ sleep and etc, so in term of eat, fast food...maybe once per week, but no boba tea and something like in my daily meal
sweet_pez
post Jul 2 2019, 01:05 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Genji Shimada @ Jul 2 2019, 10:03 AM)
To be honest, I don't really follow the weight lose measurement rclxs0.gif , yup, noodles, nasi lemak, eggs, chicken and etc, because I'm actually happy with my body weight and BMI is 23.1, so as long as the number and blood test report doesn't show any big issue then that's ok for me

And of course, many health issue actually caused by the way they eat/ not enough exercise/ sleep and etc, so in term of eat, fast food...maybe once per week, but no boba tea  and something like in my daily meal
Thus for you it's more on the health side, rather than aesthetic.

End of the day it doesn't matter - everyone have their own preference. So long as one eats responsibly and maintain a good health (with some workout/ less sedentary), it's not an issue at all. Doctors will say eat everything in moderation. Unless of course, if a person is aiming to lose fat % and shape their body - then that's calories in vs out.
Hardcore Leveling Warrior
post Jul 22 2019, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

my weight was 84kg in 2016, and i start jogging & diet in 2017.

till mid 2018 i was consistently losing weight to 74kg. and now it wont go down more than that. the numbers keep hovering around 74kg.

i ran 10-15km per week, eating half portion, sometimes do intermittent fasting.

any tips? my ideal weight is 65kg.

87 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:43 PM