ISP Advice Saujana Rawang ISP, LF ISP covered Saujana Rawang area

views

TSnocluenoose
post Dec 21 2014, 09:56 AM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
63 posts

Hi Guys,

Recently I moved to Saujana Rawang which is next to Rawang Country Homes
I wanted to relocate my Streamyx to the new location and upgrade it as well to Unifi..
Unfortunately Unifi is not covered in Rawang then they said will relocate but have to check on the port first
Result : No Streamyx either because high case of stolen cable in that area....Streamyx is not available as well

So what other options do I have besides mobile broadband?
Anyone staying in that area is greatly appreciated if you can provide input

Currently im tethering using my mobile data plan with 2gb from DIGI but it used up pretty fast as I have smart tv that i stream movie from there and also online gaming :s

Any inputs appreciated

Thanks smile.gif
sHawTY
post Dec 21 2014, 11:46 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

Get lots of signature from the people in your area.
If you can get at least 70% sign ups, you can get TM/Maxis to lay fibre in your area.

People don't steal fibre as they won't be able to sell them.
TSnocluenoose
post Dec 22 2014, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Really ? So you are advising to create a petition to have them lay the groundwork ?
Confirm can ?

Btw thanks for replying
cicibo
post Dec 22 2014, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

tq for your question. i also lived at taman desa mas which is near to your taman. right now im also considering to apply for internet and still deciding which ISP should i go with. Currently im using celcom broadband and used up my 12GB data within 1-2 weeks..aiyooo.. all thanks to my ps4 for frequent updates etc..
TSnocluenoose
post Dec 22 2014, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Oh wow Desa Mas also dont have streamyx? I thought only in Saujana Rawang area..yea its soo mafan no dedicated internet....maybe I will start that petition..will see how

But @cicibo what is your plan and subscription with that Celcom ? Mind to share?

Also how about ASTRO IPTV? Do you guys think it will work there or because no tmnet groundwork definitely not available?

This post has been edited by nocluenoose: Dec 22 2014, 02:36 PM
cicibo
post Dec 22 2014, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(nocluenoose @ Dec 22 2014, 02:34 PM)
Oh wow Desa Mas also dont have streamyx? I thought only in Saujana Rawang area..yea its soo mafan no dedicated internet....maybe I will start that petition..will see how

But @cicibo what is your plan and subscription with that Celcom ? Mind to share?

Also how about ASTRO IPTV? Do you guys think it will work there or because no tmnet groundwork definitely not available?
i'm using 2x celcom data advance 6GB plan. FYI, there is cyber cafe at the shoplot in taman desa mas, not sure what ISP they used. Tested once there and i think my celcom 3g speed is still faster.
darkkaze
post Jan 30 2015, 08:47 PM

36 posts

I'm staying in Emerald West using only Digi mobile plan.....
lonewolf86
post Feb 3 2015, 09:04 PM

25 posts

i also lived in Saujana Rawang. yup. no landline ISP yet. i couldn't remember how many times i have visited TM Point..call TM careline..they still gave the same answer..they need 70-80% user demand before they can lay cables to said area.
jasrisamad
post Feb 13 2015, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

yo! Im in Bayu Permai. Last time using Streamyx but can only install up to 2MB only. Shitty service, now using P14G, good service in rawang area - low user i think (plus the antenna is at Bayu Permai shop area). But when I bring the modem to KL, shitty service also.

So how do we increase user demand?
lonewolf86
post Feb 27 2015, 01:46 PM

25 posts

I'm using Yes 4G as well. Saujana Rawang can easily get 5 Mbps. But the quota is killing me. hahaha. 21 GB can finish in less then few days.

By user demand, it means that we need everyone in that area to submit application form to said ISP. Eg if you housing area have 40 houses, then around 30+ houses need to apply. Then again no guarantee they will provide also. huhu. but no harm trying.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:44 AM