Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Boracay, Phillipines

views

TSjanetllc
post Apr 30 2008, 09:02 AM, updated 10y ago

13 posts

Hi, i m going to Clark using air asia...will spend 8 days there...I m thinking going to Boracay Island from Manila.. Any ideas? i wan to use bus instead of using flight..Any other interesting places to visit?

stimix
post Apr 30 2008, 10:38 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Huh..Taking bus to Boracay shocking.gif shocking.gif rclxub.gif .....Anyway it's possible via land & ferry... biggrin.gif ...but probably a full 2 days journey to Boracay & another 2 days coming back biggrin.gif

Try check Cebu pacific website..not sure any connection to Boracay via Clark...If not u hv to take bus to to Pasig City
Manila (350 peso / ~RM32) & thereafter to Manila airport....
QUOTE(janetllc @ Apr 30 2008, 09:02 AM)
Hi, i m going to Clark using air asia...will spend 8 days there...I m thinking going to Boracay Island from Manila.. Any ideas? i wan to use bus instead of using flight..Any other interesting places to visit?
TSjanetllc
post Apr 30 2008, 11:43 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Apr 30 2008, 10:38 AM)
Huh..Taking bus to Boracay  shocking.gif  shocking.gif  rclxub.gif .....Anyway it's possible via land & ferry... biggrin.gif ...but probably a full 2 days journey to Boracay & another 2 days coming back  biggrin.gif

rclxub.gif Ah yo! not worth wasting 4 days...but wat to do, my fd insisit, thanks
nerwen
post Aug 12 2008, 03:52 PM

9 posts

Boracay Island looks really beautiful...
However I got confused about how to get there from KL...
and they accept USD or PESO?
the most beautiful beach would be..?
the white beach?
stimix
post Aug 12 2008, 04:02 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

To go there, u need to fly via MAS to Manila airport as AA only stop at Clark Airport which is ~100km away from Manila & there is no flight from Clark to Boracay (When I did my reaearch beginning of the year-lah)

Thereafter from Manila, another flight via Cebu air or any local airlines to a town airport opposite Boracay. (can't remember the name of the airport oledi) & thereafter a short ferry trip to the island..Or else..go via buses & ferries from Manila as mentioned above... biggrin.gif

However, suprisingly I read some travel blogs (Travbuddy.com) on those been to Boracay & stay at Perhentian (Mat Salleh-lah) saying Perhentian is much better shocking.gif (Interm of fish/coral varieties)

BTW, in Philipine, they use only Peso not USD. However, dun convert to Peso in M'sia bcos of the lousy rate. Convert to USD 1st & thereafter to PESO once u reach Manila shopping complexes (Not airport!) just change about 1000peso in M'sia for bus/taxi fare to those shopping complexes such as SM megamalls/Asia Malls/Greenbelt

QUOTE(nerwen @ Aug 12 2008, 03:52 PM)
Boracay Island looks really beautiful...
However I got confused about how to get there from KL...
and they accept USD or PESO?
the most beautiful beach would be..?
the white beach?
This post has been edited by stimix: Aug 12 2008, 04:10 PM
peterkinglim
post Jul 27 2009, 11:29 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Aug 12 2008, 04:02 PM)
To go there, u need to fly via MAS to Manila airport as AA only stop at Clark Airport which is ~100km away from Manila & there is no flight from Clark to Boracay (When I did my reaearch beginning of the year-lah)

Thereafter from Manila, another flight via Cebu air or any local airlines to a town airport opposite Boracay. (can't remember the name of the airport oledi) & thereafter a short ferry trip to the island..Or else..go via buses & ferries from Manila as mentioned above... biggrin.gif

However, suprisingly I read some travel blogs (Travbuddy.com) on those been to Boracay & stay at Perhentian (Mat Salleh-lah) saying Perhentian is much better  shocking.gif (Interm of fish/coral varieties)

BTW, in Philipine, they use only Peso not USD. However, dun convert to Peso in M'sia bcos of the lousy rate. Convert to USD 1st & thereafter to PESO once u reach Manila shopping complexes (Not airport!) just change about 1000peso in M'sia for bus/taxi fare to those shopping complexes such as SM megamalls/Asia Malls/Greenbelt
Hi Stimix,

I guess you must be quite familiar with manila. I'll be going to Manila and Boracay end of August. Any nice hotel to recommend around RM150?
stimix
post Jul 28 2009, 07:30 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

You can seach more from Manila thread:

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=558540&hl=manila

I stayed at Citadel Makati...& that's the cheapest I can find at RM120/night...Probably u can try that...But the location is about 1.5km away from nearest LRT..so imagine me walking 1.5km to/fro hotel everyday..
Cas
post Jul 28 2009, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Cheapest would be Cebu Pacific. I was there just last month and have blogged about it. Best area to stay would be in Station 1 because you'll find the beach with white sand and cyrstal clear water.
dacoda
post Oct 23 2009, 01:38 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(peterkinglim @ Jul 27 2009, 11:29 PM)
Hi Stimix,

I guess you must be quite familiar with manila. I'll be going to Manila and Boracay end of August. Any nice hotel to recommend around RM150?
Try to check some sites where you can find a list of hotels and resorts. Try to visit Travelbooth-asia.com, they have lots of hotels and resorts for you to choose from.
Cecilia_Cheah
post Dec 28 2009, 12:03 AM

25 posts

hi there, even though i've tried the cheapest way to go boracay by bus/boat, it's not worth the time. I'm a budget traveller too. It's the best to take cebu air..they always have cheap promos and ends up cheaper than land transport, do check it out.
sloosh
post Mar 26 2010, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Anybody been to any vacation islands in the Phillipines? I've heard they've got some good nice treasures there.. Boracay? Mindanao? Cebu? Please share your experiences!
nandayryu
post Mar 26 2010, 11:22 AM

Regular
1,072 posts

why dont you go to bali instead ?
happy4ever
post Mar 26 2010, 12:54 PM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

why dont you go to langkawi instead?
sloosh
post Mar 26 2010, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Already been to bali and langkawi.. just wonder why phillipine islands not widely promoted.
stimix
post Mar 27 2010, 11:11 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Boracay & Palawan is widely discussed in any traveblogs & etc & popular too. Boracay rivalled those islands in Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia. & already listed as the top 10 beaches around the world.

The only problem not widfely available here & also lack of promotion by M'sian travel agents probably due to the availability of direct flight.

My past manila trip, I planned to include Boracay as well but due to the distance, time & also the not so cheap "airfare" from Manila to the nearest airport & another ferry trip to the island..really put-off my plan.

Probably nxt time...
nelson_hew
post Mar 27 2010, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

I've been to Boracay for 4d 3n 2 years ago. I can safely say that our islands is much more better than theirs in terms of corals/fishes/ beaches. Im very surprised alot of korean babes there
stimix
post Mar 27 2010, 08:12 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Well Phillipines having a huge Korean migrants. I was told they are citizen of Phillipines.
QUOTE(nelson_hew @ Mar 27 2010, 06:57 PM)
Im very surprised alot of korean babes there
SUSSyedBrix
post Mar 27 2010, 11:26 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

i initially planned to go subic bay. but then i gave up coz i value my life. so i decided to splash my money in genting highlands instead.
nelson_hew
post Mar 28 2010, 04:31 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Mar 27 2010, 08:12 PM)
Well Phillipines having a huge Korean migrants. I was told they are citizen of Phillipines.
Yeah, even the waiters gave me a korean language menu rclxub.gif I had few chats with the koreans and most of their reasons are here temporary is becoz they want to learn more English..hmm... anyway Boracay is not all that bad, alot of water activities there. just don't compare their beaches with our lovely islands.
kokuryo
post Mar 29 2010, 09:00 PM

On my way
587 posts

hi... currently watz the cheapest airline to Manila from KL? so that i can save some cost on my Boracay trip?

29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0229sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:01 AM