196 Pages « < 155 156 157 158 159 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working in Singapore V17, All about living in the Lil' Red Dot

views

mobileoop
post Sep 5 2015, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

Have been working here for a few months.. thinking to apply for PR now... haha..
SUSthe99percent1
post Sep 5 2015, 03:24 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(mobileoop @ Sep 5 2015, 11:42 AM)
Have been working here for a few months.. thinking to apply for PR now... haha..
Apply lor.. I born in here, prestigious degree, Epass holder also kena rejected.. knn mad.gif

reason being, still got 1 more year on my pass still and forgot about endorsement letter from cinapek comapny..

so u few months apply and successful approval.. please report back here so i can go and complain at gahmen..

but serious though, pls vote PAP GE2015..

This post has been edited by the99percent1: Sep 5 2015, 03:30 PM
KilJim
post Sep 5 2015, 03:56 PM

^-_-^ ZzzZzZzZzzz....
Group Icon
Elite
4,424 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:24 PM)
Apply lor.. I born in here, prestigious degree, Epass holder also kena rejected.. knn mad.gif

reason being, still got 1 more year on my pass still and forgot about endorsement letter from cinapek comapny..

so u few months apply and successful approval.. please report back here so i can go and complain at gahmen..

Err you're born in Singapore but applying for PR??
Mackiddo
post Sep 5 2015, 05:00 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

QUOTE(KilJim @ Sep 5 2015, 03:56 PM)
born in Sg doesn't mean automaticially become citizen or pr. A lot of pr gave birth in Sg.
Fiona Chin
post Sep 5 2015, 06:54 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:24 PM)

Maybe not prestigious enough to SG. My brother got it after 1 month of working. But then he got family ties here, property, lousy undergrad from uk school and lousy grad school from us, but ridiculous salary and job title as fresh grad cause the company his father one. You can go the opposition rally and quote this for the locals already.

PR parents don't want their son to join NS so did not apply for him. Maybe suddenly give birth during holiday in SG. Maybe parents also EP then give birth here.
KilJim
post Sep 5 2015, 09:49 PM

^-_-^ ZzzZzZzZzzz....
Group Icon
Elite
4,424 posts

QUOTE(Fiona Chin @ Sep 5 2015, 06:54 PM)
PR parents don't want their son to join NS so did not apply for him. Maybe suddenly give birth during holiday in SG. Maybe parents also EP then give birth here.
I see, when i hear born in SG i automatically think he's raised and educated in SG too
TSdeodorant
post Sep 5 2015, 09:58 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(KilJim @ Sep 5 2015, 09:49 PM)
I see, when i hear born in SG i automatically think he's raised and educated in SG too

Born, raised and educated here oso doesn't mean PR or Citizen what. All those expat angmoh on s$300k package before housing and international school benefits for their kids as if they will bother with sinkie blue NRIC.
KilJim
post Sep 5 2015, 10:29 PM

^-_-^ ZzzZzZzZzzz....
Group Icon
Elite
4,424 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Sep 5 2015, 09:58 PM)
Born, raised and educated here oso doesn't mean PR or Citizen what. All those expat angmoh on s$300k package before housing and international school benefits for their kids as if they will bother with sinkie blue NRIC.
Yeah not 100% but I'd be extremely surprised if you spent 20 years in Singapore and still they reject your PR application
Whats the point letting you study and work for 20 years if you don't want that person being a resident (Epass holder not work pass)
SUSthe99percent1
post Sep 6 2015, 12:23 AM

Casual
381 posts

My parents used to live and work in SG for 10 years.. they born us here but registered as Msian citizen since the start. I have both Msian and SG birth certs. lol.

But I only stay at SG for 2 years then 20+ years in KL and then furthered my study overseas.. So im hardly what you can consider as Singaporean. Only this year I've come and work here. Applied PR two months ago, kena reject..

Anyways, word of advice for others who want their Sons to escape NS, go and register them as Msian citizen from the start..

This post has been edited by the99percent1: Sep 6 2015, 12:26 AM
ky_khor
post Sep 6 2015, 02:41 AM

No.22
894 posts

I was born in Bangladesh but no Bangla PR or citizenship awarded.

Heng ah~

This post has been edited by ky_khor: Sep 6 2015, 02:42 AM
Mackiddo
post Sep 6 2015, 09:44 AM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Sep 6 2015, 12:23 AM)
My parents used to live and work in SG for 10 years.. they born us here but registered as Msian citizen since the start. I have both Msian and SG birth certs. lol.
Borang W is not a birth cert. It's merely a registration form.
KilJim
post Sep 6 2015, 10:06 AM

^-_-^ ZzzZzZzZzzz....
Group Icon
Elite
4,424 posts

But I only stay at SG for 2 years then 20+ years in KL and then furthered my study overseas.. So im hardly what you can consider as Singaporean. Only this year I've come and work here. Applied PR two months ago, kena reject..
Anyways, word of advice for others who want their Sons to escape NS, go and register them as Msian citizen from the start..
In that case I think the fact you're merely born in SG is not a factor at all
And with 6 months work experience, from what I've heard its a very high chance you'll get rejected unlike 5-6 years ago

I'm planning to wait 1 year at least
Fiona Chin
post Sep 6 2015, 07:43 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

O so you think you Singapore son of soil ah being born here? SG must give you priority first before other foreigners in your PR application ah? If other foreigners got it before you then you suspect some foul play ah? Malaysia teach you well in the son of soil policy man. That SG cert only say your 1st appearance is in SG land, but as alien, not with any privilege.

And you come from "prestigious" uni some more. Wah lao black sheep of the school must be, please don't reveal your school name, it bring shame to them.
SUSthe99percent1
post Sep 6 2015, 09:12 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(Fiona Chin @ Sep 6 2015, 07:43 PM)
O so you think you Singapore son of soil ah being born here? SG must give you priority first before other foreigners in your PR application ah? If other foreigners got it before you then you suspect some foul play ah? Malaysia teach you well in the son of soil policy man. That SG cert only say your 1st appearance is in SG land, but as alien, not with any privilege.

And you come from "prestigious" uni some more. Wah lao black sheep of the school must be, please don't reveal your school name, it bring shame to them.
k
terenceloo90
post Sep 6 2015, 09:12 PM

34 posts

Hi guys, i've appointment with the MOM this coming thursday for finger print and document submission for EP passes. During the process they will keep my white card is it ? am i able to leave the country in between? lets say thursday night ? :/
SUSthe99percent1
post Sep 6 2015, 09:23 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(terenceloo90 @ Sep 6 2015, 09:12 PM)
Hi guys, i've appointment with the MOM this coming thursday for finger print and document submission for EP passes. During the process they will keep my white card is it ? am i able to leave the country in between? lets say thursday night ? :/
They will take back the white card, instead will issue you with a piece of paper that says your pass is approved pending delivery of card to your office.

Dont lose this piece of paper if you want to exit/re-enter the country. You will require this instead of filling up the white card again. Show this paper to immigration. Simple and straight forward.
megadisc
post Sep 6 2015, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,342 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Sep 6 2015, 09:23 PM)
They will take back the white card, instead will issue you with a piece of paper that says your pass is approved pending delivery of card to your office.

Dont lose this piece of paper if you want to exit/re-enter the country. You will require this instead of filling up the white card again. Show this paper to immigration. Simple and straight forward.
Fantastic advise
megadisc
post Sep 6 2015, 10:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,342 posts

QUOTE(Aurigae @ Sep 4 2015, 10:06 PM)
PAP posters are everywhere..
I even saw a PAP lorry with loud speaker
Hi sifu

Pls advise on where to get the tv box for Singapore TV

Any stuff required and price range will be appreciated
Mackiddo