Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Touch 'n Go (TnG) Card, Tips & Latest Promotion

views

spyrr
post Mar 17 2024, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(wym6977 @ Mar 17 2024, 10:51 AM)
Hi recently I topup to my IC for TnG. Then I registered in the TnG portal for the IC (use Mfg no). I noticed there is expiry date on 2026... Why there is  expiry for IC and does that mean I need to renew my IC to extend the expiry?
All TnG card has an expiry date, even for IC. If you want to continue use your IC as a TnG card after expiry date, yes you need to renew.
If you don't care about the TnG card function you do not need to renew. It doesn't affect your IC.
wym6977
post Mar 17 2024, 11:32 AM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(spyrr @ Mar 17 2024, 11:03 AM)
All TnG card has an expiry date, even for IC. If you want to continue use your IC as a TnG card after expiry date, yes you need to renew.
If you don't care about the TnG card function you do not need to renew. It doesn't affect your IC.
Thks to explain. I intend to use IC for TnG for MyCity pass.

I hardly use myCity pass before, wonder the pass must purchase via IC (which I was told so by friend) or can be normal TnG card?
spyrr
post Mar 17 2024, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(wym6977 @ Mar 17 2024, 11:32 AM)

I hardly use myCity pass before, wonder the pass must purchase via IC (which I was told so by friend) or can be normal TnG card?
You can buy MyCity Pass using a normal TnG card.
Human Nature
post Mar 17 2024, 01:35 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

When paying for mall parking (eg. Aeon), is there any extra fee when uing tng card instead of CC? or vice versa?
cybpsych
post Mar 17 2024, 02:24 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,910 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 17 2024, 01:35 PM)
When paying for mall parking (eg. Aeon), is there any extra fee when uing tng card instead of CC? or vice versa?
afaik and used numerously, no additional fee* observed

just need min balance available

*you wouldn't know if parking operator already included/marked up the parking fee too.
Maknusia
post Mar 18 2024, 02:05 PM

Enthusiast
933 posts

QUOTE(wym6977 @ Mar 17 2024, 10:51 AM)
Hi recently I topup to my IC for TnG. Then I registered in the TnG portal for the IC (use Mfg no). I noticed there is expiry date on 2026... Why there is  expiry for IC and does that mean I need to renew my IC to extend the expiry?
I think its deemed same as card. So they set an expiry.

What Im not sue as well is, once expiry, do we need to go to their office like Nu Sentral and renew or can be renewed else where as well?
contestchris
post Mar 18 2024, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

QUOTE(wym6977 @ Mar 17 2024, 11:32 AM)

Normal TNG card can, but they might request for IC for verification.
more2teayap
post Mar 19 2024, 01:24 PM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
2,721 posts

Got the NFC Touch N Go card recently, noticed some parking it will show invalid card, anyone have the same issue?
moonsatelite
post Mar 19 2024, 02:10 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Mar 19 2024, 01:24 PM)
Got the NFC Touch N Go card recently, noticed some parking it will show invalid card, anyone have the same issue?
its because with the NFC card, there are 2 sets of stuff in the card, NFC used in the same as credit/ debit cards and the MiFare Touch N Go only chip, when you tap your NFC Touch N Go card, the terminal thought the card is a debit/ credit card and tries to obtain the 16 digit card number but gets the 10 digit Touch N Go serial number instead, hence error
more2teayap
post Mar 19 2024, 02:37 PM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
2,721 posts

QUOTE(moonsatelite @ Mar 19 2024, 02:10 PM)
its because with the NFC card, there are 2 sets of stuff in the card, NFC used in the same as credit/ debit cards and the MiFare Touch N Go only chip, when you tap your NFC Touch N Go card, the terminal thought the card is a debit/ credit card and tries to obtain the 16 digit card number but gets the 10 digit Touch N Go serial number instead, hence error
I see.. Seems to be an inconvenience, so there are no workaround for this issue?

They no longer selling the card that without NFC right?
moonsatelite
post Mar 19 2024, 02:43 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Mar 19 2024, 02:37 PM)
I see.. Seems to be an inconvenience, so there are no workaround for this issue?

They no longer selling the card that without NFC right?
you can still get the non-NFC version of the card, i heard RapidKL still sells them

The workaround for this is that Credit/ debit card terminals and Touch N Go terminals need to be separated, but some places are provided with combo terminals
Noorange
post Mar 23 2024, 11:20 AM

28 posts

last week i went to aeon and use aeon card to enter but at exit there the tiang is open so i just went out without using any card, after that i scared my aeon card cant be use for entrance to aeon again so i turn back use my tng go card enter ( i tried using aeon card but cant access). then i just drive to exit and tap using my aeon card go out.

now my question is, my tng sure cant use for entrance to that aeon? when and will i being charge coz i didnt use it to tap keluar.
cybpsych
post Mar 23 2024, 12:15 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,910 posts

QUOTE(Noorange @ Mar 23 2024, 11:20 AM)
last week i went to aeon and use aeon card to enter but at exit there the tiang is open so i just went out without using any card, after that i scared my aeon card cant be use for entrance to aeon again so i turn back use my tng go card enter ( i tried using aeon card but cant access). then i just drive to exit and tap using my aeon card go out.

now my question is, my tng sure cant use for entrance to that aeon? when and will i being charge coz i didnt use it to tap keluar.
tap out again using aeon card... suggest walk in and out.

or visit the car park mgmt.

I got 1 cc used to tap in mall car park. no tap out cuz terminal not working and tiang open

now this cc somehow blacklisted liao.cannot tap in or out.

car park mgmt said no issue. but I suspect need the vendor to fix or clear the card. still the carpark mgmt can't do anything.

another is toll. been using card for toll no issue, one fine day, card failed. saw other cars in front can use card, so somehow my card got blocked. thought card renewal may fix it but still blocked (suspect block by card number).

contact toll plaza and been redirected here and there. still not resolved. they said need vendor to check. they said will contact me back. 1 month now, no calls from them.

somehow these terminals, they implemented cashless but didn't implement proper exceptional handling. eg if you block a card, you must define the process to unblock it (by penalty, etc)

somehow these toll and carpark operators knows shit to handle it. and obviously not escalating to terminal vendor to solve customer complaints.

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Mar 23 2024, 12:29 PM
Noorange
post Mar 23 2024, 12:42 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Mar 23 2024, 12:15 PM)
tap out again using aeon card... suggest walk in and out.

or visit the car park mgmt.

I got 1 cc used to tap in mall car park. no tap out cuz terminal not working and tiang open

now this cc somehow blacklisted liao.cannot tap in or out.

car park mgmt said no issue. but I suspect need the vendor to fix or clear the card. still the carpark mgmt can't do anything.
another is toll. been using card for toll  no issue, one fine day, card failed. saw other cars in front can use card, so somehow my card got blocked. thought card renewal may fix it but still blocked (suspect block by card number).

contact toll plaza and been redirected here and there. still not resolved. they said need vendor to check. they said will contact me back. 1 month now, no calls from them.
somehow these terminals, they implemented cashless but didn't implement proper exceptional handling. eg if you block a card, you must define the process to unblock it (by penalty, etc)

somehow these toll and carpark operators knows shit to handle it. and obviously not escalating to terminal vendor to solve customer complaints.
really mafan. i can only said luckily my tng inside only 30+, maybe i just close it buy new card or start from now dont use the same tng card to enter the same aeon mall.

This post has been edited by Noorange: Mar 23 2024, 12:43 PM
cybpsych
post Mar 23 2024, 02:56 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,910 posts

QUOTE(Noorange @ Mar 23 2024, 12:42 PM)
really mafan. i can only said luckily my tng inside only 30+, maybe i just close it buy new card or start from now dont use the same tng card to enter the same aeon mall.
for this aeon, keep trying the same tng card. maybe it will "expire/reset" after certain period of time.

not sure how they handle "non-exit" tng card sweat.gif

i was hoping for both my CCs to be auto-unblocked at car park and toll. 3 months in, still blocked bangwall.gif
Noorange
post Mar 23 2024, 03:26 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Mar 23 2024, 02:56 PM)
for this aeon, keep trying the same tng card. maybe it will "expire/reset" after certain period of time.

not sure how they handle "non-exit" tng card  sweat.gif
i was hoping for both my CCs to be auto-unblocked at car park and toll. 3 months in, still blocked  bangwall.gif
Hopefully dont deduce my balance in tng ewallet🤣
cybpsych
post Mar 23 2024, 03:41 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,910 posts

QUOTE(Noorange @ Mar 23 2024, 03:26 PM)
Hopefully dont deduce my balance in tng ewallet🤣
dont think they can deduct because they cannot determine the amount (no exit time) laugh.gif
Maknusia
post Mar 24 2024, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast
933 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Mar 23 2024, 03:41 PM)
dont think they can deduct because they cannot determine the amount (no exit time)  laugh.gif
Unless they had implemented something similar to PLUS, No Exit = max charges (RM50?)

But I dont think so as well, since my Subang AEON most of the time the exit gate is open.
cybpsych
post Mar 24 2024, 11:56 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,910 posts

QUOTE(Maknusia @ Mar 24 2024, 11:50 AM)
Unless they had implemented something similar to PLUS, No Exit = max charges (RM50?)

But I dont think so as well, since my Subang AEON most of the time the exit gate is open.
lol no idea, not gonna test this theory

so far, my blocked cc still cannot punch in or even out after few months laugh.gif

i guess they just blocked the card indefinitely and consider the non-exit entry as irrecoverable biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:14 PM