Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PROTON EXORA BOLD OWNERS THREAD! V4, Turbo vrooom vrooom pssssstt

views

ramen241
post Feb 14 2018, 09:28 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(zaidi @ Feb 14 2018, 04:52 PM)
it's very easy to replace, you can do DIY. shop should charge you 20-30 only. it's about 30 min work, and that is pretty long already.
it was a routine check and the foreman found out the host is cracked, yet the shop owner said hard find the part ; shakehead.gif i serached few auto part shopa dn manage to find one that is selling those; luckly. now, i need find a descend workshop that dont overcharge and near to my house sweat.gif sweat.gif
alexei
post Feb 18 2018, 10:53 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

ramen241In my experience, do not let a shop to get familiar with you... or the charges will increase.
ramen241
post Feb 18 2018, 10:13 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Feb 18 2018, 10:53 AM)
ramen241In my experience, do not let a shop to get familiar with you... or the charges will increase.
yea. it suppose to be vise versa... there's no value for trust... pay more if trust more... thats why im looking for a new workshop to send my car
benji
post Feb 19 2018, 05:35 PM

Enthusiast
761 posts

hi all.. need some advise here.. asking on behalf of my friend EB.

well, milage 80k, and 2 days ago, while waiting at traffic light, and the light goes green.. while gear in D position, the car cant move. then my friend s/off the engine.. s/on back.. try start, put gear.. still cant move. even change to L. but can reverse.

after doing some searching.. found about cvt oil. ask my friend, she said change at 60k. then ask about the cvt light.. not showing on meter. today send to SC.. a bit late arrive at Sc.. 2pm.. then 445pm they call need to go meet them. saying got problem with gearbox..

just wondering should i try to ask them to change the cvt oil, gasket n filter first or what.. need some advise.

btw, yesterday i try do some troubleshoot like reseting the ecu by take out the -ve pole of batt for 10 minutes.. then after that.. the car can move once.. but then cannot move.. hehehe.. from what i read.. maybe involve the quantity of the cvt oil and also the km to change the cvt oil. and one more thing.. yesterday the cvt light goes intermittent light up .. not all the time..

hope someone can share their experience bout this..
rapidbumi
post Feb 20 2018, 10:43 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(benji @ Feb 19 2018, 05:35 PM)
hi all.. need some advise here.. asking on behalf of my friend EB.

well, milage 80k, and 2 days ago, while waiting at traffic light, and the light goes green.. while gear in D position, the car cant move. then my friend s/off the engine.. s/on back.. try start, put gear.. still cant move. even change to L. but can reverse.

after doing some searching.. found about cvt oil. ask my friend, she said change at 60k. then ask about the cvt light.. not showing on meter. today send to SC.. a bit late arrive at Sc.. 2pm.. then 445pm they call need to go meet them. saying got problem with gearbox..

just wondering should i try to ask them to change the cvt oil, gasket n filter first or what.. need some advise.

btw, yesterday i try do some troubleshoot like reseting the ecu by take out the -ve pole of batt for 10 minutes.. then after that.. the car can move once.. but then cannot move.. hehehe.. from what i read.. maybe involve the quantity of the cvt oil and also the km to change the cvt oil. and one more thing.. yesterday the cvt light goes intermittent light up .. not all the time..

hope someone can share their experience bout this..
well happen to me during new year eve.... it turns out the clutch cable...well replaced it but being charged quite high almost RM500.... maybe due to long holidays.. doh.gif
benji
post Feb 20 2018, 11:00 AM

Enthusiast
761 posts

QUOTE(rapidbumi @ Feb 20 2018, 10:43 AM)
well happen to me during new year eve.... it turns out the clutch cable...well replaced it but being charged quite high almost RM500.... maybe due to long holidays..  doh.gif
Bro.. Symptom same eh? Gear d n l the car wont move..? Just back from sc.. They mention they scan n got error code 2797 or something like that and need to replace gearbox. Not even do oil checking.. Hais...

If symptom same.. I want to call them and straight ask to check the clutch cable.. Can pm me ur contact number?

Eh bro. Urs auto or manual?

This post has been edited by benji: Feb 20 2018, 11:03 PM
riezzien
post Feb 20 2018, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

Anyone here installed stiff ring on your exora?
Is it worth the money spent?
SleeplessEyes
post Feb 21 2018, 11:12 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(androidj7 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:00 PM)
Hi anyone using EB do the grab/uber? How tahan this  car doing long run everday?
Well i spotted Exora CPS and few exora turbo being used as 1 malaysia taxi being used. But however mostly are fitted with NGV.

Personally i would take the Cps if i were to use it for commercial usage. Turbo engines tend to run much hotter unless you drive frequently without boost.

Also is because of the high city driving FC. No doubt Grab charges more for MPV customers but fuel is the main cost..

i will only use sedan or Axia for full time Grab and Uber.
ayamxxx
post Feb 21 2018, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(androidj7 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:00 PM)
Hi anyone using EB do the grab/uber? How tahan this  car doing long run everday?
Ride couple times on exora cps and exora bold on uber. Yes car can tahan, it just driver said have to tahan refill the fuel since cfe engine kinda high in fc at traffic jam.
alexei
post Feb 23 2018, 01:23 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

benjiSorry to hear that. please be sure of the OBD2 error code? maybe contact Punch about it. I think there's an email address somewhere for Malaysian contact last time. I had email exchange with them couple of times.

How old is the car? Asking mainly about warranty.

For CVT oil, first change is better done earlier, in my own opinion. I did that at 40k. Ignored the SC and used Amsoil CVT fluid. Changed the filter as well, though I remember mine looked ok soaking red of the CVT oil color without excess metal dust on the magnet. The SC guy told me some are quite bad, so I'm thinking maybe you can try it using Proton recommended CVT oil.
benji
post Feb 24 2018, 09:30 PM

Enthusiast
761 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Feb 23 2018, 01:23 AM)
benjiSorry to hear that. please be sure of the OBD2 error code? maybe contact Punch about it. I think there's an email address somewhere for Malaysian contact last time. I had email exchange with them couple of times.

How old is the car? Asking mainly about warranty.

For CVT oil, first change is better done earlier, in my own opinion. I did that at 40k. Ignored the SC and used Amsoil CVT fluid. Changed the filter as well, though I remember mine looked ok soaking red of the CVT oil color without excess metal dust on the magnet. The SC guy told me some are quite bad, so I'm thinking maybe you can try it using Proton recommended CVT oil.
Hi.. Thanks for. Reply.. Will ask them bout the code back.. Car bought sept 2013.. Yes the cvt oil changed already previously.. Together with filter n one other thing..
tuboflard
post Mar 4 2018, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Times are bad. Need to save some money by doing some simple DIY maintenance for my EB.

Need some recommendations and help:-

1) Which brand is recommended for POWER STEERING fluid top up? Just noticed that my fluid is below Minimum but not kosong yet. Still handles ok.

2) Auto Transmission fluid - is that for the CVT gearbox? Also, can it be used for topping up the power steering fluid? (I don't think so myself)

3) Which brand recommended for radiator coolant?

Lazada is having a promo now, so tempted to get some discounted products

10% OFF FOR ALL AUTOMOTIVE & MOTORCYCLE PRODUCTS Use Code: LZVMOTOR10

I have also noted that you can get the Petronas Synthium Semi Synthetic Lubricants for a lot cheaper than at the Petronas Service Stations on Lazada.

4 liters of Synthium 800 10W-30 or 10W-40 for less than RM100. Service Centre/Stations charge you at least RM120 for these. Only concern that it is not genuine. But so far no complaints.
alexei
post Mar 5 2018, 12:48 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

tuboflardTBH, wish I have answers for you. Probably for CVT fluid, it is different from Auto Transmission fluid, do not use wrong. I'm uslng Amsoil CVT fluid.
Clan204
post Mar 5 2018, 01:34 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 5 2018, 12:48 AM)
tuboflardTBH, wish I have answers for you. Probably for CVT fluid, it is different from Auto Transmission fluid, do not use wrong. I'm uslng Amsoil CVT fluid.
compare to proton cvt oil which one is good? where can get this amsoil and how much. thx
tingchung_chin
post Mar 6 2018, 07:52 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

Anyone experience bumpy road CD player go off? Fix once in SC, said connector lose.. Now, press power button to switch function, directly go off. Plan to change Lcd screen with front camera and smartlink. Any recommendation?
alexei
post Mar 6 2018, 10:08 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

Clan204Proton CVT oil is not bad. Oil is a subjective thing, and in the end, a personal choice. There's a dealer around my area, you'd have to find yours, either through mudah, or lelong, or some other means.
Clan204
post Mar 7 2018, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 6 2018, 10:08 PM)
Clan204Proton CVT oil is not bad. Oil is a subjective thing, and in the end, a personal choice. There's a dealer around my area, you'd have to find yours, either through mudah, or lelong, or some other means.
went to proton sc yesterday for 60k km service. but i notice that price for parts in service manual is not same at sc. example cvt oil in service manual rm120++ but at sc rm170++...
tuboflard
post Mar 9 2018, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(Clan204 @ Mar 7 2018, 08:01 AM)
went to proton sc yesterday for 60k km service. but i notice that price for parts in service manual is not same at sc. example cvt oil in service manual rm120++ but at sc rm170++...
Proton CVT oil with free gift (RM126) -

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/proton-c...q8JPOH&search=1

BTW what is the service interval/mileage for CVT oil change?

This post has been edited by tuboflard: Mar 9 2018, 07:59 AM
Clan204
post Mar 9 2018, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(tuboflard @ Mar 9 2018, 07:58 AM)
Proton CVT oil with free gift (RM126) -

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/proton-c...q8JPOH&search=1

BTW what is the service interval/mileage for CVT oil change?
every 60k km. will cost about rm500-600 including oil, filter, gasket, gst and labour. btw the price at lazada is about same as in sevice manual... but at service center they will not follow it.
tuboflard
post Mar 11 2018, 06:40 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(Clan204 @ Mar 9 2018, 01:37 PM)
every 60k km. will cost about rm500-600 including oil, filter, gasket, gst and labour. btw the price at lazada is about same as in sevice manual... but at service center they will not follow it.
You can buy your own lubricant and CVT fluid and ask the service center to use yours.

Don'tlah buy everything and ask service center to just charge you for labour only.

Let them untung sikit on other things like air/oil filters and seals also.

199 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 AM