Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Almera Owner Discussion V3, Come Share Your Experience

views

hjack
post Jun 27 2015, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(ikan_semilang @ Jun 26 2015, 05:32 AM)
Ok la..normal lube..

If want to services outside find liqui moly la..

Now just found, TCEAS JALAN GENTING KLANG now using addictive from Liqui Moly like valve cleaner, engine flusher, engine treatment except engine oil using bottle with trademark nissan.

This attachment is for 30000 km service cost.
Don understand. Means they use 1L fully sync EO then the rest fill up with additives?
hjack
post Jan 16 2017, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(lostasylum @ Jan 16 2017, 10:27 AM)
sigh, i'm at the TC service centre because my fan motor tapao yesterday night. my car no more warranty because after 3 years liao... just to change it is approx RM800 plus labour plus GST. i really hate nissan. will never buy myself another nissan.
http://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=51200425
hjack
post May 2 2018, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(rapple @ May 2 2018, 04:18 PM)
My wife almera shows 8.3km/l - RM0.17 per km.

To me still reasonable.
Rm2.3 รท 8.3 = rm0.28 per km la.
hjack
post Sep 21 2020, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Mr.LKM @ Sep 20 2020, 07:57 PM)
Thank you both for your kind replies~ Upon further inspection by removing the panel on top of the glove box and also the center console, there doesn't seem to be any water streak, the dusty condition on the cables and equipment would reveal water sign if really leaking into it. Anyway, the Tan Chong head unit doesn't turn on anymore and there is a strong smell coming out from the fan, perhaps something blown there...

By the way, I headed to a local workshop and he tried to swap in another head unit, sometimes the head unit would turn off itself suddenly, then changed to another head unit. Now, the issue is more consistent, if I switch on the headlamps, the head unit will surely go offline. Not sure what's going on here.

Anyway, do you guys have any recommendation for a good Android based media player? Preferably with CarPlay wireless capability~

Thank you very much again for your kind inputs. This owner's group is really full of helpful souls.  smile.gif
Seems like your car wiring is gg.
Suggest you either find out the root cause of why headlight current can interferes with headunit, hopefully is just a wiring mess up, or use a relay to bypass.
Good luck.

Btw your "local workshop" guy is helpful by willing to try swap the headunits.

hjack
post Sep 22 2020, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(athlonmax @ Sep 22 2020, 09:30 AM)
I see, thanks for the input, yeah maybe i'll wait for the launch and see how later. Me and wife already dead set on this model huhu...
It has zero-gravity seats = comfortable.
Cvt = smooth with no shift shock. Low rpm also lead to quiet drive + great fc.
Turbo = good power, perhaps?

New Almera is similarly priced with City/Vios now, it should be less sellable which is a good thing for being rarer and fresher.

What not to like ? Not much really. biggrin.gif
hjack
post Nov 13 2020, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Nov 12 2020, 02:20 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Aha... saw the place always pack. Din aware it is reputable.

I frequent the biscuit shop at opposite row. Fresh and delicious variety of cookies.

hjack
post Dec 15 2020, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

Good DIY stuff.
Note the filter doesn't fit snugly in the video?
Your leaf, insects should have been stuck in the filter if it is effective.

hjack
post Feb 14 2022, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Axel @ Feb 13 2022, 03:42 AM)
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a used Nissan Almera, 2018 or 2019, to replace my 10-year old Viva. It's about time and I can already foresee my car causing problems so looking buy in the coming months.

Is the new one (2022) that much better? Also, if my research isn't wrong, the 2018 and 2019 Almeras are the same, no major changes to the car, right?

I'm thinking of buying used because I see quite a few good options in the market and would rather save as much money as possible. Looking back at monthly repayments, it doesn't seem to be too different from buying brand new given the lower interest rate, but I'm also seeing it as being able to take a shorter term loan for the used one so I don't have to owe the bank for too long and being able to focus my finances on other things down the road, like a house. Coming from a Viva, the Almera is gonna be a huge upgrade as is, both internal and external, and might consider autofoam by year end.

Is it a good idea to get used (assuming the car isn't in bad condition) or just go brand new? And what would be considered too high for mileage as the ones I'm looking are pretty much 50K and below. Also, if there's anything I should keep an eye out, would really appreciate a heads up smile.gif
There may still be some left over stocks of previous Almera, worth to ask around a bit.
hjack
post Feb 15 2022, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Feb 15 2022, 10:10 AM)
Well if u go LAZADA. Nissan official shop, you still see the old N17 Almera still there... It is safe to say it is still available. You can book through Lazada if u want ๐Ÿ˜†. Nah you can just go any Nissan u like, pick the bigger ones, example like Glenmarie or HQ in jalan Ipoh May have all the models on show. But if u plan to test drive, i suggest somewhere that you are familiar with the road. If not Glenmarie usually have most road conditions for u to test on, straight, corners, small hill climb and construction potholes ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Ditto. And make sure you press the price kao2 if you are offered the model, something like < 50k biggrin.gif
hjack
post Mar 30 2022, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Mar 29 2022, 03:52 PM)
Hi there, anyone here got problem with AC compressor when magnetic clutch engage, the compressor buzzz/whrrrr especially when you accelerate from slow/standstill. My compressor looks like it is dying, it doesn't engage and disengage like before... daytime its really hot. To think my AC all this 7 years working fine, haha.
Either my wallet cry or I cry inside the car with sweat. LOL
My old myvi had that engaged whrrr sound not long after purchased. Didnt bother until it was sold 2 years back, it was still cold. Suspect was a half dead bearing.

Drive then cold usually is your radiator fan not spinning fast enuf.

Your tell tale sign is your aircond is hot in daytime, which confirm is a problem somewhere. I would service it, no other option.
hjack
post Nov 24 2022, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Nov 24 2022, 08:46 PM)
Hmmm... seems this Almera model is quite fragile.
hjack
post Nov 9 2023, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Nov 9 2023, 12:53 AM)
oh really? damn..now im watching the video how to open up the manifold myself. already change 2 coils 2 times, which cost me RM100 in labor charges at Wan NCS.

gonna buy 4 sets from potong kereta again but this time original japan which costs RM200 for 4 pcs. and then change them all.

Wish me luck
Can survey here:
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.hBanX

Good luck.
hjack
post Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Mar 27 2024, 02:30 PM)
Your case was fluid leak, not lack of power assist. Mechanic should fix the leak, and probably changes the master cylinder as well.
Not sure why he changed the booster instead?
hjack
post Yesterday, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Mar 27 2024, 02:54 PM)
Wait let me add something...
I totally understand how it feels. Once I changed the plugs and coils, my car feels buttery smooth, just like new car tongue.gif
Only thing is they are freaking expensive!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1304sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:27 PM