Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Almera Owner Discussion V3, Come Share Your Experience

views

carnby77
post Oct 11 2022, 04:01 PM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Oct 11 2022, 03:37 PM)
I not sure wor.. if you go Nissan, they will replace the original shocks for you right?

I feel that TC shocks will be harder than the original Nissan shocks.

Reason I said so was because the 2013 Almera had a very balanced and comfy shocks.

Newer Almera shocks feel a bit harder to me.
I think they use APM
claudetan
post Oct 11 2022, 05:30 PM

On my way
641 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Oct 11 2022, 12:26 PM)
That the prblem, usually i take to SC if i am not convinced with the ah beng workshop....they say this, and that...but after change still the same...by right we can goto hal ehwal penguna nad make a report....they misled us...
the workshop quite reputable and recommended by the car group, they also have the troubleshooting device that plugin into the ODB port for troubleshooting.

anyway, i did took to SC and get their advise, they recommend to change everything and the price is expensive than i done in workshop.

since the sound only appear after drive a few KM, i doubt a SC can identify quickly also.

Well, you can say KIA sc not good, but guess what, now i driving a Honda Jazz, have my car in SC for whole week to identify problem.

case 1 :

Knocking sound when cornering
- send to SC, 5 working days, problem solved by applying grease .....

case 2 :

Rattling/knocking sound from passenger seat.
- sent to SC, said need to change seat frame, need to make appointment, no slot, have to wait 1 month.
- drop my car in SC, required 5 working days to change the seat frame, however, problem still there.
- complaint to SC again during service, they insist they didnt hear anything, want me to come another time when foreman available.
- book another appointment (which another month waiting time), went to SC again, FINALLY, they ask me to test with the foreman, wtf? why cant they just do it at start, end up i drove my car from SC to my house and finally, the foreman heard the sound.
- and again, left my car in service centre as they said they need time to troubleshot, fair enough.
- 3rd day call them, no news, 5th day call them, finally solved the problem ....and the sound was come from the the back seat frame instead of the one sitting on that they changed last time /facepalm, and they solved by open the cover and adjust the frame only.
- and now the interestingpart, i noticed my tailgate have a dent and SC refuse to bear the responsibility, they DID visual inspect the whole car when i sent in my car and no DENT reported, and i also sign the form that stated my car no any damage when sent in.
- end up spent RM220 to removed the dent, have to say, the dent removal shop really good, no need to repaint and it was a perfect repair.

Actually the car still have some minor sound came from drive door panel and i lazy to sent in again, luckily that 1 not always happens ..... really Honda Quality.

carnby77
post Oct 11 2022, 06:44 PM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(claudetan @ Oct 11 2022, 05:30 PM)
the workshop quite reputable and recommended by the car group, they also have the troubleshooting device that plugin into the ODB port for troubleshooting.
anyway, i did took to SC and get their advise, they recommend to change everything and the price is expensive than i done in workshop.

since the sound only appear after drive a few KM, i doubt a SC can identify quickly also.
Well, you can say KIA sc not good, but guess what, now i driving a Honda Jazz, have my car in SC for whole week to identify problem.

case 1 :

case 2 :

- sent to SC, said need to change seat frame, need to make appointment, no slot, have to wait 1 month.
- drop my car in SC, required 5 working days to change the seat frame, however, problem still there.
- complaint to SC again during service, they insist they didnt hear anything, want me to come another time when foreman available.
- book another appointment (which another month waiting time), went to SC again, FINALLY, they ask me to test with the foreman, wtf? why cant they just do it at start, end up i drove my car from SC to my house and finally, the foreman heard the sound.
- and again, left my car in service centre as they said they need time to troubleshot, fair enough.
- 3rd day call them, no news, 5th day call them, finally solved the problem ....and the sound was come from the the back seat frame instead of the one sitting on that they changed last time /facepalm, and they solved by open the cover and adjust the frame only.
- and now the interestingpart, i noticed my tailgate have a dent and SC refuse to bear the responsibility, they DID visual inspect the whole car when i sent in my car and no DENT reported, and i also sign the form that stated my car no any damage when sent in.
- end up spent RM220 to removed the dent, have to say, the dent removal shop really good, no need to repaint and it was a perfect repair.

Actually the car still have some minor sound came from drive door panel and i lazy to sent in again, luckily that 1 not always happens ..... really Honda Quality.
Yeh, honda quality is bad.....very few complain about toyota and mazda....

Jessieccy
post Oct 11 2022, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(claudetan @ Oct 11 2022, 05:30 PM)

case 1 :

case 2 :

Well they do say once the car sales goes up, the QC goes down. SC will need to que and take longer. Last time i complain of a sound on my Almera ABS. They test it first, can't find it, call me to show the prob after 1.5hr of waiting. Went out to test drive with the technician. Kautim. They did some reset computer thing. And its fixed.
Really feel your frustrations, send for so many days yet they cant diagnose at first try, then as well as dent your car. I last time want to get the Jazz too... SA very lansi... So i put my money else where, where i feel appreciated. So far Nissan SA all very friendly, not those talk shit & exaggerate or simply didn't do any homework on the car...
carnby77
post Oct 12 2022, 01:38 AM

Casual
372 posts

WTS

3 bottles of Gear Oil Nissan Almera

Reasong: USed SC gear oil, because wanted to flush. SC said flushing is 5 litre and they use their tong gear oil.

So the one i bought from Lazada wanna sell off.

Anyone wanna buy PM me.

RM70 for 3 X 1 litre bottles.

This post has been edited by carnby77: Oct 12 2022, 01:39 AM
carnby77
post Oct 12 2022, 01:58 PM

Casual
372 posts

Arghhhh..today went to SC to change my engine mount,luckily foremen noticed bush damaged on the new bottom mounting...So dont buy TRT brand ya.....Denco TRT is different

supervai
post Oct 20 2022, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

Guys, the nissan almera that I drive has left indicator issues. When put The last round it happen, I change the whole set of tail light socket and cost over 200 just a couple of months ago. Again it happen.

Just wondering is it a normal issue? Can I just change the indicator bulb only?

I bought the car in 2015.

Jessieccy
post Oct 20 2022, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(supervai @ Oct 20 2022, 12:56 PM)
Guys, the nissan almera that I drive has left indicator issues. When put  The last round it happen, I change the whole set of tail light socket and cost over 200 just a couple of months ago. Again it happen.

It's normal. However it's actually the plug socket issue. Not really the whole tail light assembly board. If some nice guy charge you at a citizen/marhaen... Probably rm60-70. My pomen actually just pull the socket out bend the contact springs. Clip it back... Told me FREE. If happen again then only change socket for rm60. That was last year 2021 story.
supervai
post Oct 21 2022, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Oct 20 2022, 05:35 PM)
It's normal. However it's actually the plug socket issue. Not really the whole tail light assembly board. If some nice guy charge you at a citizen/marhaen... Probably rm60-70. My pomen actually just pull the socket out bend the contact springs. Clip it back... Told me FREE. If happen again then only change socket for rm60. That was last year 2021 story.
Thank you so much for the update. My right hand side is still the original and does not have this problem at all. Could it also be the bulb has already fuse?
Absolado8
post Oct 21 2022, 11:43 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(supervai @ Oct 20 2022, 12:56 PM)
Guys, the nissan almera that I drive has left indicator issues. When put  The last round it happen, I change the whole set of tail light socket and cost over 200 just a couple of months ago. Again it happen.

Same issue but my car is 2013 model. Change the whole set tail light left side for RM2++. Untill now problem solved.
carnby77
post Nov 2 2022, 01:45 PM

Casual
372 posts

today went to ahbeng workshop ....he quote me RM40 for serpentine belt change....
I called Nissan SC they quote me RM30...

Ahbeng said dont use torque wrench when change tighten belt.....So i decided to make appointment with Nissan SC.....

Jessieccy
post Nov 24 2022, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Ok the GE15... My AC blower motor decided to step down...and retire after 7.5 years. 😆

Symptoms the bearing start to buzz, the faster the fan, the faster the whrrrr sound. Occasionally it wont even turn, no air movement. Just grab something and knock it. It will turn, but weak...

Monday i went to look for spare part shop, he recommended me go buy from the main dealer in Ipoh (Ipoh air cond supply) they sell anything related to car's AC, even got workshop to refurbish compressor. They dont look open, so be brave and knock on the door. They mostly deal with businesses not so much walk ins. RM210, Cooltec, Made in Japan, no warranty. Motor only. It's really heavy.

Tried to change it myself. Failed. Darn thing too big. Three ways to do this.
1. Disassemble the whole dashboard
2. Degassing the AC, remove the pipe that connects to the evaporator.
3. Most economical. Loosen 3 nuts and drop the steering column. https://youtu.be/U22eM6-6daA

I got stuck at 3. I got no tools to remove the steering column. So i just came back to KL and got it done at NCS Garage. Rm70 for his labor. Roughly 40min, he wash the plastic parts that was removed. Now it's sooo quiet...even 2nd speed is very quiet. 😌 Peaceful.
Attached Image Attached Image

hjack
post Nov 24 2022, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Nov 24 2022, 08:46 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Hmmm... seems this Almera model is quite fragile.
Jessieccy
post Nov 24 2022, 11:26 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(hjack @ Nov 24 2022, 10:32 PM)
Hmmm... seems this Almera model is quite fragile.
Not really, it's wear and tear. Fragile is something different. Also you u can't compare with cars you buy years ago when ppl rather DIY than send to workshop. It's a known fact that cars now are design to last 5yrs or 100k km without much worry. Anything after that, it's at my own risk of wear and tear. Also the motor died because the carbon brush used till almost no more. Plus my car is 170k km... Not including the time im stuck on idle while the AC is running. It's acceptable wear and tear.

Cheers.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 07:48 AM