Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Almera Owner Discussion V3, Come Share Your Experience

views

3nf0rc3r
post Jul 16 2020, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 7 2020, 01:43 PM)
Does anyone here have this small prob...
1. When start car... go in reverse...
2. the sensor just beeeeeeps a constant sound, when there is nothing behind.
3. or sometimes it beeps when you are reversing, again there is nothing behind.

it doesn't always happen.
Mine, last month service told the SC this constant beep problem. The SC say small matter adjust angle only. Few days after that happens again. Lazy want drive my car back SC......
So now everyday reverse car from car porch sure hear that sound....
3nf0rc3r
post Jul 16 2020, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

These week start to have new issue. Driving slow speed in taman, slowly brake when near speed hump got tak tak tak sound. No idea what is that... 🤔
chaxiupao
post Jul 16 2020, 11:52 AM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(3nf0rc3r @ Jul 16 2020, 11:48 AM)
Mine, last month service told the SC this constant beep problem. The SC say small matter adjust angle only. Few days after that happens again. Lazy want drive my car back SC......
So now everyday reverse car from car porch sure hear that sound....
normal.

I get used to it edy. Or maybe it's just how the system works to alert the driver that the gear in R?

3nf0rc3r
post Jul 16 2020, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Jul 16 2020, 11:52 AM)
normal.

I get used to it edy. Or maybe it's just how the system works to alert the driver that the gear in R?
No la, for the pass 6 years no such problem. Constant sound only happen starting few months back. Last time when there's no obstacle behind the car, the sensors won't beep with constant sound. Only when your car is reversing near a wall or something then the beep will become faster until it becomes constant.
Jessieccy
post Jul 16 2020, 01:24 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Jul 15 2020, 08:21 PM)
Ya went to procas today. RM100 workmanship android player + camera. Wiring very good but the technician atititude like not so good. Give me black face and doesn't feel like to welcome me (maybe today is his bad day) at first but slowly ok. Maybe because I bring my own player  hmm.gif  hmm.gif

Boss quite friendly anyway but he also very busy..
But the thing is, after installed the android player, now my front left speaker spoiled cry.gif  Not sure is before installed already spoil or after install only spoil haih....
Almera speaker so lousy and easy to spoil? rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

Any recommend for speaker brand?
Well dunno, maybe less commission. Haha
Anyway, sometimes some ppl got prob. Sometimes no prob. But it's a cheap speaker. Not that important. Upgrades are cheap. I think anything thats rm150 should fit your needs. If no one sit at the back... Maybe just steal the back speakers, and place at the front.
But if i not wrong the wires again need to convert a bit or just cut off. JBL is good. Go ask the installer opinion. They will advise what is what. Form budget to music type. I personally like vocals more. So i splurge on FOCAL. That's like rm600 for the fronts.
chaxiupao
post Jul 16 2020, 03:45 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(3nf0rc3r @ Jul 16 2020, 12:15 PM)
No la, for the pass 6 years no such problem. Constant sound only happen starting few months back. Last time when there's no obstacle behind the car, the sensors won't beep with constant sound. Only when your car is reversing near a wall or something then the beep will become faster until it becomes constant.
Ohh constant sound without obstacle then mayb got problem le.

I thought you said the sound is like "beep beep beep" got break in between then normal la. wink.gif
Jessieccy
post Jul 16 2020, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(3nf0rc3r @ Jul 16 2020, 11:51 AM)
These week start to have new issue. Driving slow speed in taman, slowly brake when near speed hump got tak tak tak sound. No idea what is that... 🤔
Try shake your brake caliper, do it only when cold... It will burn your fingers if you just drive out. Possible brake caliper pin loose. If not it's something else related to the suspension

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Jul 16 2020, 06:52 PM
3nf0rc3r
post Jul 17 2020, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 16 2020, 06:49 PM)
Try shake your brake caliper, do it only when cold... It will burn your fingers if you just drive out. Possible brake caliper pin loose. If not it's something else related to the suspension
Ooh boy..... Guess I need to jack up the car and remove the wheels to have a look at the brake caliper.
cheahhp
post Jul 26 2020, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Any good recommendations for absorbers front and back and lower arm - price and brand? And how it feels compared to original absorbers. Thanks
Jessieccy
post Jul 27 2020, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(cheahhp @ Jul 26 2020, 07:39 PM)
Any good recommendations for absorbers front and back and lower arm - price and brand? And how it feels compared to original absorbers. Thanks
honestly, i dont recommend to change the rear absorbers unless you have rear passengers/load. I personally don't trust KYB quality also its a bit uncomfortable.
Lower arm - Muteki
Absorber/struts - so far recommendations for comfort are Monroe by a member here. I say go back ori nissan. My Proride Heavy duty, it was hard at first, now its actually comfy after 1mth ++, a bit noisy at speed bumps.

I highly recommend you to buy from workshop, so you can have some limited warranty. As these wear and tear stuff usually cannot get warranty. Please standby additional money for front strut covers they confirm pecah after 5th year (rm40/pc) & Alignment. Optional front abs mounting & bearing. Since the workshop will be removing plenty of stuff... ask them to check your steering rack/tie rod/ stabilizer links/ stabilizer bush... also check your brake caliper pins, if they are loose just re-grease and tighten.

just wondering, if you are picky about driving and cornering fast like a Proton, maybe consider those lowered sport springs and sport absorbers. I have no comment though, i dont like lowered car.

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Jul 27 2020, 02:30 PM
cheahhp
post Jul 30 2020, 12:23 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 27 2020, 09:22 AM)
honestly, i dont recommend to change the rear absorbers unless you have rear passengers/load. I personally don't trust KYB quality also its a bit uncomfortable.
Lower arm - Muteki
Absorber/struts - so far recommendations for comfort are Monroe by a member here. I say go back ori nissan. My Proride Heavy duty, it was hard at first, now its actually comfy after 1mth ++, a bit noisy at speed bumps.

I highly recommend you to buy from workshop, so you can have some limited warranty. As these wear and tear stuff usually cannot get warranty. Please standby additional money for front strut covers they confirm pecah after 5th year (rm40/pc) & Alignment. Optional front abs mounting & bearing. Since the workshop will be removing plenty of stuff... ask them to check your steering rack/tie rod/ stabilizer links/ stabilizer bush... also check your brake caliper pins, if they are loose just re-grease and tighten.

just wondering, if you are picky about driving and cornering fast like a Proton, maybe consider those lowered sport springs and sport absorbers. I have no comment though, i dont like lowered car.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I drive fast and cornering also. I don't like lowered profiles too, that's why I chose Almera, about the only budget full sized sedan with higher roof line (not the case soon). But almera dont seem to handle corners well. Wow, seems like lots of inspection to do when changing absorbers... I always prefer original but also check out the other options as well. Repairing these versus changing new car is my car is still solid in many ways....power, smoothness, good fuel consumption despite having clocked in almost 220k mileage and I'm a heavy footer. Also, due to economic uncertainty, better not change car. From my past experience, there are things better to change outside, cheaper and more durable - wheel bearing (Jap ori) and fan belt.
Jessieccy
post Jul 30 2020, 07:27 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(cheahhp @ Jul 30 2020, 12:23 AM)
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I drive fast and cornering also. I don't like lowered profiles too, that's why I chose Almera, about the only budget full sized sedan with higher roof line (not the case soon). But almera dont seem to handle corners well. Wow, seems like lots of inspection to do when changing absorbers... I always prefer original but also check out the other options as well. Repairing these versus changing new car is my car is still solid in many ways....power, smoothness, good fuel consumption despite having clocked in almost 220k mileage and I'm a heavy footer. Also, due to economic uncertainty, better not change car. From my past experience, there are things better to change outside, cheaper and more durable - wheel bearing (Jap ori) and fan belt.
Yeah it's value for money car with a high roof and good comfort. Hard to find now in this coming years. Well yeah, since already change absorber, they will have all the access and you can check all those optional items attached to it. If i not wrong Proride Abs got 6mths, muteki lower arm also 6mts warranty. The rest usually the outside workshop will at least give 1mth-3 mths for the absorbers.

Oh have you changed engine mounting by the way? Since your mileage already quite high. I didn't think i can afford ori Nissan if it's going to cost me RM1200

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Jul 30 2020, 07:27 AM
chaxiupao
post Jul 30 2020, 06:53 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(cheahhp @ Jul 30 2020, 12:23 AM)
since you like drive fast and corner fast, maybe can consider installing safety bar
chaxiupao
post Jul 30 2020, 08:46 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 30 2020, 07:27 AM)
Yeah it's value for money car with a high roof and good comfort. Hard to find now in this coming years. Well yeah, since already change absorber, they will have all the access and you can check all those optional items attached to it. If i not wrong Proride Abs got 6mths, muteki lower arm also 6mts warranty. The rest usually the outside workshop will at least give 1mth-3 mths for the absorbers.

Oh have you changed engine mounting by the way? Since your mileage already quite high. I didn't think i can afford ori Nissan if it's going to cost me RM1200
I just found out this good deal on shopee

Included installation Almera Fullset, Denco (Heard it's locally made by tan chong), RM345 Nett. Maybe you can try it out and let us know?

https://shopee.com.my/-Including-Installati...2000.2854966374
Jessieccy
post Jul 30 2020, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Jul 30 2020, 08:46 PM)
I just found out this good deal on shopee

Included installation Almera Fullset, Denco (Heard it's locally made by tan chong), RM345 Nett. Maybe you can try it out and let us know?

https://shopee.com.my/-Including-Installati...2000.2854966374
Hahaha the word TanChong scares me. I think one guy already tried it not sure in LYN or was it FB... Its hard he said. Not sure the quality since not yet 1 year. I probably will try ZW (Zenwa)
carnby77
post Jul 30 2020, 10:39 PM

Casual
385 posts

hi all....

Wanna ask if any of you had click sound when put on the key and try to start but car wouldn't start? Im not sure if the car was in Nuetral? but somehow after the third try it started, and consecutively started after that. click but not starting, what could be the problem from your experiences?

chaxiupao
post Jul 30 2020, 11:24 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Dec 28 2019, 01:11 PM)
Just replaced the engine mounting. Tips for owners who wants to save money. The engine mounting consist of 3 parts (Rear, left and right). Usually it is the left mounting (transmission) that cracked. So if owner wants to save money, can replace this only. The other 2 pieces did not show any sign of crack so I would say it can be reuse.

Replace engine mounting at Nissan Tan Chong (3 piece set) may cost you RM1300.

I replaced with Denco (Made locally by Tan Chong) for RM460 + RM120 workmanship. The Denco engine mounting seems to be very similar with the original. I've pressed and put pressure on it. The tolerance is the same as original.

If only replace the transmission mount, I think it will be less than RM200 including workmanship. biggrin.gif
Bro, how is your experience with denco mount?
Thrust
post Jul 30 2020, 11:30 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Jul 30 2020, 11:24 PM)
Bro, how is your experience with denco mount?
After replacement, so far so good. Worth the money spent.
cheahhp
post Jul 30 2020, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 30 2020, 07:27 AM)

Yup, I changed to Ashimori for mounting. Cheap, all in less than RM400 for parts (3 mounts) and labour. In terms of quality, the main mounting ori is better. When start engine got slight vibration. Other than that, it's fine. Been using the new mount for 1 year ady. I changed when about 190k mileage. Imagine now it's 220k and still ori parts since I bought the car. Except the cooling coil, I went for air cond service interval around 60k intervals. Then suddenly leak. Suspect it's the cleaner causing the corrosion on the evaporator body. Next time should just dismantle and clean rather than using the quick method. Also skimmed disc once around 180k mileage too.

This post has been edited by cheahhp: Jul 30 2020, 11:53 PM
cheahhp
post Jul 30 2020, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Jul 30 2020, 06:53 PM)
since you like drive fast and corner fast, maybe can consider installing safety bar
Any recommendations? PRice and brand? Ori or outside? Thanks.

433 Pages « < 368 369 370 371 372 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:19 PM