Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [REVIEW] AVF AKB – GK 1 GAMING FREAK II KEYBOARD, Waterproof With 3 Changeable LED! (Review)

views

TSshah93
post Nov 10 2014, 09:24 PM, updated 6y ago

On my way
655 posts

AVF AKB – GK 1 GAMING FREAK II KEYBOARD
Waterproof With 3 Changeable LED!

user posted image

Introduction

AVF Malaysia is moving forward by adding gaming keyboard into their Gaming Freak II Gaming Set. What are we excited about this keyboard is it water resistance feature. Yes! You can wash off any dust that had accumulated underneath the keycaps easily and not to worry about spilling drinks during the usage of the keyboard. Not only have that, at just RM59, user will get 3 LED Backlight (red, blue and purple) with 4 stages of LED brightness control to suit user’s taste. Apart from that, AVF highlight this keyboard of having 10,000,000 times key click lifespan to ensure long lasting keyboard for all kind of environmental usage.

Product Link: http://www.avf.com.my/avf.php?c=1&p=1914

Suggested Retail Price: RM49

Specifications
user posted image

This post has been edited by shah93: Jan 27 2015, 12:29 AM
TSshah93
post Nov 10 2014, 09:25 PM

On my way
655 posts

Unboxing

On this section we will unbox the AVF AKB-GK1 Gaming Freak II Keyboard. The packaging of this keyboard is very straight forward with no manuals or other accessories included.

user posted image
The front box of the AVF AKB-GK1 Gaming Keyboard, AVF highlight several features on the front page of the box such as Gaming Design, Night Mode, Water resistance, Million keystrokes, 4 Stages of Brightness control and 3 LED Backlight. On the top right is the Gaming Freak logo and GK1 which is the model name for this keyboard.

user posted image
On the back of the box is where few of other features available on this keyboard and full specifications of it. AVF did highlight on the back of the packaging that this products come with 3 month warranty.

user posted image
The packaging is very simple. There’s only keyboard wrapped inside a plastic once the box is opened and there’s no manual or accessories bundled with the package.

user posted image
The overall front view of the keyboard. The cable come fully braided with red-black nylon to protect the inner cable.

user posted image
On the back side of the AVF AKB-GK1 Gaming Freak II Keyboard.

user posted image
This keyboard come with Ferrite bead to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits from the USB to the keyboard. In theory it help to reduce interference so that the keyboard can works in better performance.

user posted image
AVF has gold plated the keyboard USB 2.0 connector. They claim the gold plating help with faster transfer rate and best signal strength compared to standard USB connector.

user posted image
On the top right of the keyboard is the logo of Gaming Freak. The 3 green led is to indicate numbering and Caps lock notification for the keyboard.

user posted image
The keyboard came with standard adjustable key tilt leg to increase height of keyboard to suit the user’s taste

This post has been edited by shah93: Nov 10 2014, 09:43 PM
TSshah93
post Nov 10 2014, 09:26 PM

On my way
655 posts

user posted image
There’s a sticker at the bottom showing AVF and Gaming Freak logo with the AKB-GK1.

user posted image
There’s several hole on the back for the water to flow out from the keyboard.

user posted image
This keyboard is using plastic-like membrane to activate and register the key.

user posted image
The red dots are the LED that can switch with 3 other colour of Purple, Red and Blue.

user posted image
On the left and right side of the keyboard showing the transparent bar that glow with the selected color.

user posted image
The paint and brush keycap is the colour switch buttons for 3 different LED Backlight consist of Blue, Red and Purple. The Sunlight logo on the right is the switch for 4 different of brightness level.

user posted image
Red backlight LED

user posted image
Purple backlight LED

user posted image
Blue backlight LED

This post has been edited by shah93: Nov 10 2014, 09:41 PM
TSshah93
post Nov 10 2014, 09:27 PM

On my way
655 posts

Conclusion

AVF Gaming Freak II AKB-GK1 Gaming Keyboard review has come to an end. The cable is fully sleeved with nylon braided which makes it somewhat premium looking. We are really satisfied with this model as the price tag of RM59 is really cheap and affordable for every entry gamer that look for affordable keyboard with lot of attractive features such as waterproof and 3 led colour with 4 brightness control! We even did submerge the keyboard into a 15m of dive underwater for photoshoot session and the keyboard emerges still working fine! But we believe that’s just luck XD.

For the user experience, we satisfied with the feeling of the keyboard even after a long usage as it soft enough to press and detect the input. The key is really silent as its barely to hear any sound produce from it. Kudos to AVF Malaysia to make such great product at an affordable price!

Finally, thanks to AVF Malaysia for giving us an opportunity to make a review on this AVF AKB – GK1 Gaming Freak II Keyboard.

Performance: 4/5
Materials: 3/5
Specifications: 4/5
Appearance: 4/5
Performance/Price Value: 5/5

Pros
+The price is dirt cheap!
+Waterproof!
+3 LED color with 4 brightness control
+Attractive and smart design
+Gold plated USB connector
+Nylon cable braided

Cons
-No multimedia function key

This post has been edited by shah93: Nov 10 2014, 09:46 PM
hafizhans
post Nov 28 2014, 07:52 AM

haa..ahnn..ahnn..aduii
1,455 posts

no users review for this keyboard?
TSshah93
post Nov 28 2014, 09:12 AM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(hafizhans @ Nov 28 2014, 07:52 AM)
no users review for this keyboard?
So far none, im also waiting for others user comment about this keyboard
itzPau
post Nov 30 2014, 08:51 AM

11 posts

Just got mine yesterday at an ICT Fair for RM55 (normal price RM59). I feel like I'm using a normal keyboard only its backlit. Lacks multimedia keys that my previous keyboard has which is the only problem I'm having with it...
TSshah93
post Nov 30 2014, 11:02 AM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(itzPau @ Nov 30 2014, 08:51 AM)
Just got mine yesterday at an ICT Fair for RM55 (normal price RM59). I feel like I'm using a normal keyboard only its backlit. Lacks multimedia keys that my previous keyboard has which is the only problem I'm having with it...
Of course its just a normal keyboard, did you expect mechanical keyboard at the price of SRP59? tongue.gif
Ya too bad they dont have multimedia button on the keyboard apart from 3 led backlit with brightness control and waterproof features

sheushen
post Dec 24 2014, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Planning to buy this but need more user review to decide. Haha!
TSshah93
post Dec 24 2014, 02:59 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(sheushen @ Dec 24 2014, 12:33 PM)
Planning to buy this but need more user review to decide. Haha!
i could say for that price its really worth it tho
where else you can find keyboard with 3 led+ brightness control and water with the price tag of that aha
Yet, i also eager other user to comment for this particular products experience
sheushen
post Dec 24 2014, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(shah93 @ Dec 24 2014, 02:59 PM)
i could say for that price its really worth it tho
where else you can find keyboard with 3 led+ brightness control and water with the price tag of that aha
Yet, i also eager other user to comment for this particular products experience
Yes, I agree it is a very good deal but I do not wish to compromise quality for beauty.
TSshah93
post Dec 24 2014, 03:58 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(sheushen @ Dec 24 2014, 03:30 PM)
Yes, I agree it is a very good deal but I do not wish to compromise quality for beauty.
Totally agree with you smile.gif
Hoping got other user sharing their experience for this keyboard

lisiang
post Jan 2 2015, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

Good deal... just for the LED ._.
TSshah93
post Jan 2 2015, 12:40 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(lisiang @ Jan 2 2015, 10:05 AM)
Good deal... just for the LED ._.
What's wrong with the LED tho, can you comment? other user found its interested coz got 3 LED and even can control the brightness
No other keyboard have this much LED and its function with that pricetag

This post has been edited by shah93: Jan 2 2015, 12:42 PM
timothytan7
post Jan 5 2015, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

I bought this keyboard from Tesco and it only cost RM49 lel. What I like the keyboard is the LED feature and premium look. As for cons, I feel the key is a bit small compared to my other keyboard especially the Enter button. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Other than that I am satisfied with it given the price that is pretty cheap. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by timothytan7: Jan 5 2015, 05:37 PM
TSshah93
post Jan 5 2015, 08:27 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(timothytan7 @ Jan 5 2015, 05:08 PM)
I bought this keyboard from Tesco and it only cost RM49 lel. What I like the keyboard is the LED feature and premium look. As for cons, I feel the key is a bit small compared to my other keyboard especially the Enter button. Maybe I just  have to get used to it. Other than that I am satisfied with it given the price that is pretty cheap. thumbup.gif
Thank you for sharing your opinion bro notworthy.gif
Enjoy your new gaming keyboard aha.. no more worries drinking infront of keyboard laugh.gif
harishriz23
post Jan 8 2015, 12:09 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(timothytan7 @ Jan 5 2015, 05:08 PM)
I bought this keyboard from Tesco and it only cost RM49 lel. What I like the keyboard is the LED feature and premium look. As for cons, I feel the key is a bit small compared to my other keyboard especially the Enter button. Maybe I just  have to get used to it. Other than that I am satisfied with it given the price that is pretty cheap. thumbup.gif
Where did you buy it pls tell me i would really want to get it I live in Puchong and i couldnt find it and if possible could you tell me if any shops at Digital Mall SS14 is selling this keyboard? Plz i really want it.

harishriz23
post Jan 8 2015, 12:14 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(shah93 @ Jan 5 2015, 08:27 PM)
Thank you for sharing your opinion bro  notworthy.gif
Enjoy your new gaming keyboard aha.. no more worries drinking infront of keyboard  laugh.gif
Bro can you pls tell me where i could get this keyboard nearby Puchong or the best would be at Digital Mall SS14. If it is at IOI puchong also i am okay with it plz. As long asit is near/in Puchong x Lowyat Plaza. And plz give few suggestions of places if possible if it is very far i will try the others

zhershern
post Jan 9 2015, 06:01 PM

42 posts

Hello sir,I just bought the keyboard and gaming freak II X5 from Tesco bukit tinggi
They tell me I got only 1 week warranty but the information wrote 3 months
Can I know where to register the warranty,thanks sir biggrin.gif
TSshah93
post Jan 9 2015, 10:40 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(harishriz23 @ Jan 8 2015, 12:14 AM)
Bro can you pls tell me where i could get this keyboard nearby Puchong or the best would be at Digital Mall SS14. If it is at IOI puchong also i am okay with it plz. As long asit is near/in Puchong x Lowyat Plaza. And plz give few suggestions of places if possible if it is very far i will try the others
If near Puchong you can go to their HQ.. below is the address
No. 23A, Jalan 5/152,
Taman Perindustrian O.U.G.,
Jalan Puchong, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
If you're lazy to drive and get there you can buy online through me
I will order direct AVF HQ too and the postage is free throughout Semenanjung

QUOTE(zhershern @ Jan 9 2015, 06:01 PM)
Hello sir,I just bought the keyboard and gaming freak II X5 from Tesco bukit tinggi
They tell me I got only 1 week warranty but the information wrote 3 months
Can I know where to register the warranty,thanks sir biggrin.gif
Hi, Actually the mouse is indeed 3 month of warranty, your shop location should cover fully 3 month warranty instead of 1 week
Anyway if there's any problem you can RMA through me too smile.gif
It would be faster as i pass direct to AVF HQ

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0285sec    1.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th July 2021 - 12:46 PM