Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Korean Drama V4 ... Lets share everything!, for kdrama lover <3

views

MRaef
post Nov 6 2014, 11:56 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(IXionI @ Nov 6 2014, 07:23 AM)
anyone watches Liar game (adaption from Japanese ver)...?
Not yet, but I have little expectation for the drama's adaptation from its Japan counterpart though.
MRaef
post Jan 9 2015, 12:30 PM

Casual
363 posts

So many KDrama in queue to watch, even the recent ones still not add yet to the queue! No time to watch ...

But in other news, Hyun Bin's new drama Hyde,Jekyll and I will start airing this 21 January after Pinocchio ends. Can't wait! biggrin.gif

https://admin.dramafever.com/news/new-tease...-personalities/
MRaef
post May 9 2015, 02:18 PM

Casual
363 posts

I finished watching Hyde, Jekyll & Me, all those tear-jerking + sweet moment in that drama. cry.gif

Don't know why people don't like the drama, it's quite good actually.

But now I'm having trouble watching Kill Me, Heal Me because I kept comparing it with HJM. So now must watch other dramas first to cleanse my mind. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MRaef: May 9 2015, 02:18 PM
MRaef
post May 11 2015, 09:36 PM

Casual
363 posts

A bit slowpoke but I finally finished watching Pinocchio (been in my HDD since last year). Overall nice drama and I enjoyed it although the ending kinda 'meh' a little bit.

Next in line:

- Sensory Couple
- Ex-Girlfriend Club (Song Ji Hyo <3 )
- Blood
- My Unfortunate Boyfriend (watch it because of Yang Jing Sung <3 )

MRaef
post May 14 2015, 10:31 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(xHj09 @ May 12 2015, 11:12 PM)
Blood seems boring. can't say for sure. only watched like 15mins on Astro.
The first 2 episodes made me cringe every time I saw the male lead on screen. Hope it goes better in episode 3 onwards. nod.gif

QUOTE(yoyo_icecube @ May 13 2015, 05:28 AM)
downloaded 2episodes of ex-girlfriend club, i don't really enjoy it much..same like divorce lawyer's love, i dropped at ep2 because i don't like the heroin.

wonder if both might getting better... like how i hate heart to heart so much at first, but i just watch n watch until ep8, i started to like it.... alot.

watching school 2015, its frustrating to see the bad iljin girl... urgggghhhh.... i feel like i want to jump into the screen and slap her ugly face!!
but i like to see taegwang save eunbi (eunbyul) from that iljin... sorry again han yian... i ship eunbi with taegwang, not you!
How can you not love Song Ji Hyo? sad.gif

Gonna watch both episodes at once when I finished downloading them. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by MRaef: May 14 2015, 10:32 AM
MRaef
post May 26 2015, 10:21 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(yoyo_icecube @ May 25 2015, 03:50 AM)
done with sensory couple..the plot become more and more ridiculous towards the end. but namgongmin's acting makes me watching it till the end.. superb acting!!
downloaded new started drama producer, cozy & warm, and orange marmalade..but i put them on hold..too lazy to watch on-going drama currently
Probably why the Sensory Couple drama only has 16 episodes hmm.gif

Same with Falling in love for Soon Jung which also has 16 episodes.

Producer is kinda unique since they took the 'mockumentary' approach in telling the story but since episode 3 onwards this has changed a little bit due to different direction and new PD replacing the old one.
MRaef
post May 26 2015, 03:27 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(yoyo_icecube @ May 26 2015, 01:39 PM)
change pd after 3ep??? why?
Because the first 2 episodes are more focused on the producer's job and their workplace, but for some reason (ratings, feedback maybe) they want to change that and focus the story more on the four lead stars instead.

Source
MRaef
post May 27 2015, 12:18 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ May 26 2015, 05:39 PM)
Blood - ending kinda sux! Like last minute put together.

Producer also sux, I hope they will change it to be better.
Dunno why but Male actor no so good anymore. His acting skill like something wrong.
I like him in Moon embrace the sun but .....

Sensory couple - romance, light hearted, funny, suspense and dun expect too much. laugh.gif
Producer actually quite good (episode 3+) but because of its theme (producers and their jobs) while promoting KBS's own shows (2D1N, Music Bank) might be the reason for the viewers not liking it very much.

And personally I found that IU's role kinda awkward and not suitable for her in this drama.
MRaef
post May 29 2015, 02:55 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ May 28 2015, 01:17 PM)
Mask - hope it is NOT another "bride of the century"
Just finished watching the first episode, it's really got this BOTC vibe in it. hmm.gif

But for me this is the first SBS drama where the main leads are kind of new to me, except for Yu In-young (from You Who Came From The Star).

MRaef
post Jun 3 2015, 03:49 PM

Casual
363 posts

Noooo ... one my my favorite drama gonna end too soon!

'Ex-Girlffriend Club' Has Been Reduced From 16 To 12 Episodes

user posted image

'Ex-Girlfriend Club' will conclude with 12 episodes.

On June 2, Star News published an article which announced the early conclusion of tvN's weekend series, "Ex-Girlfriend Club." The drama, which stars Song Ji Hyo and Byun Yo Han, will be reduced from 16 episodes to 12 episodes.

"To improve the completeness of the show, it will end with episode 12," said a representative for tvN.

"Ex-Girlfriend Club" struggled with ratings. Song is a popular star of "Running Man" but her inclusion in "Ex-Girlfriend Club" did little to boost ratings. The show premiered on May 8, but viewership for the Friday-Saturday program continued to drop. According to reports from Nielsen Korea (AGB Nielsen), "Ex-Girlfriend Club" recorded 1.16 percent. The ratings continued to fluctuate, with episode 7 recording 0.64 percent.

"Ex-Girlfriend Club" is broadcast on tvN, a cable network. While low ratings are common for cable programs, viewership for the drama starkly contrasted against recent episodes of "Three Meals a Day." "Three Meals Day" is also broadcast on tvN, but the variety show continues to yield solid ratings. The March 22 episode received 8.0 percent of nationwide viewers while the May 29 episode recorded 8.7 percent.

"Three Meals a Day" benefitted from a guest appearance by Park Shin Hye and her chemistry with the program's permanent cast member, Taecyeon.

The early cancelation of "Ex-Girlfriend Club" follows the abrupt conclusion of the 2014 tvN drama, "The Idle Mermaid." "The Idle Mermaid" was originally slated for a 14 episode run but was reduced to 10 episodes, following low ratings. The series starred Song Jae Rim (We Got Married) and served as the acting debut of Nam Joo Hyuk (Who Are You: School 2015).

"Ex-Girlfriend Club" will air its final episode on June 13. The series will be followed by the supernatural romantic comedy, "Oh My Ghost."
Source

Really hate to see the ending get rushed and turn out bad in this one. TvN really did a weird decision sometimes. rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by MRaef: Jun 3 2015, 04:01 PM
MRaef
post Jun 7 2015, 07:31 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(party @ Jun 7 2015, 02:03 PM)
Producer started out good until they try too hard to match ye jin with seung chan

good drama ruins by ppl behind it 100% of the time.
Since they changed the PD and the direction from episode 3, the story is just like any other rom-com now. Producer are supposed to be like The Office a bit but somehow this concept are not really popular among Korean viewers.

I know some of us like the first 2 episodes 'mockumentary' approach but then the one who decides the ratings are the Koreans, not us International viewers.
MRaef
post Jun 9 2015, 12:38 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ngkhanmein @ Jun 8 2015, 10:36 PM)
Jang Bo Ri is Here! damn nice drama.. guys should watch it. very touching  cry.gif
This is one of my to-watch list but the total episodes are quite long. Might take a while before I finished it.
MRaef
post Jun 9 2015, 06:53 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ngkhanmein @ Jun 9 2015, 12:00 PM)
52 only
Yeah. laugh.gif

Plus it's still in my dl queue since more new dramas coming this month, both JP and KR. rclxub.gif
MRaef
post Jun 13 2015, 07:31 PM

Casual
363 posts

So I had a W.A.Y School 2015 marathon from ep. 1 ~ 14 this week. For a school-themed drama, I'm surprised that it's quite good. I never been a fan of these kind of drama before (except GTO of course, the first one not the remake) but somehow this one got me hooked up.

Looking forward for the last 2 episodes next week!

- Mask. It's getting interesting now, although a little bit slow in expanding the character and their story.

- High Society. I don't know why I watch this drama except for the reason UEE was in it. Hope it gets better in future episodes.

- Producer. From mockumentary to rom-com, I'm glad it's only 12 episodes, not 16 or 20+. So I don't have to guess which ship is sailing or not.

- My Love Eun Dong. Haven't start watching it yet, heard it has a lot of 'feels' in it. Might reserve it until the airing is complete so I can watch it all in one go.

This post has been edited by MRaef: Jun 13 2015, 07:32 PM
MRaef
post Jun 17 2015, 09:26 PM

Casual
363 posts

I just finished watching School 2015.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

K-Netz comments on the finale. That last comment , nailed it. laugh.gif

How the rest of the Internet react to School 2015 ending:

This post has been edited by MRaef: Jun 18 2015, 06:12 AM
MRaef
post Jun 18 2015, 06:08 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jun 18 2015, 05:06 PM)
laugh.gif  deleting all episodes of School 2015!

TVB have this kind of disease frequently!
Maybe it got transmitted to Korean TV like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). sad.gif
Recently this seems to be a trend for KDrama. Good story and plot at the beginning, the pace is OK but then when it comes to finale all hell breaks lose.

Orange Marmalade (if you watch if as manhwa fan) is one of the example. But if you watch it before reading the manhwa it shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE(yoyo_icecube @ Jun 18 2015, 05:30 PM)
eunbyul my queen.... i like the way she grab kangsoobitch's hair xD padan muka...muahahhahaha... *evil laugh*
the international reaction, the 'i wanna reset' tweet was so funny.. xDDDDDDD
Yeah I was like "serves her right" when that happened. Too bad writers thinks it's easy to just shove her character aside for the finale and focused on Eun Bi instead.

And yeah some of the reaction on IG was quite funny. rclxms.gif
MRaef
post Jun 18 2015, 06:18 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Jun 18 2015, 06:11 PM)
Hidden Identity on TVN channel...anyone watched it? any good?
Most people watch it for Kim Bum. laugh.gif

But if you like crime/police drama, this one is not so bad for first episode.

I'll reserve my opinion after I'm done watching the first 3 episodes. nod.gif

This post has been edited by MRaef: Jun 18 2015, 06:19 PM
MRaef
post Jun 19 2015, 05:59 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(yoyo_icecube @ Jun 18 2015, 06:49 PM)
as school ended, i only have warm & cozy  on-going drama that i follow, maybe will take a break from on-going kdrama, time to watch pending chinese drama  rclxm9.gif
I read the review that Warm and Cozy is really good, so I might watch it later when it's finished airing. nod.gif

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jun 19 2015, 02:45 PM)
How many version of Orange Marmalade manhwa? hmm.gif
Only got one version. You mean how many chapters it has?

If chapters, it's 119 and the manhwa already completed (and English translated too rclxms.gif )

But if anyone already watch drama first I suggest don't read the manhwa, later you see a lot of differences. To put it short, drama version has its own storyline, only the first 3-4 episodes is similar to manhwa.

Orange Marmalade manhwa

This post has been edited by MRaef: Jun 19 2015, 06:01 PM
MRaef
post Jun 21 2015, 02:37 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jun 20 2015, 05:16 PM)
'Mask' Continues To Dominate But 'Warm And Cozy' Ratings Keep Rising
According to the June 19 report from Nielsen Korea, SBS' melodrama "Mask" topped nationwide ratings with its eighth episode. The series recorded 11.8 percent of viewers, increasing 0.8 percent.

The MBC series "Warm and Cozy" recorded 8.2 percent in nationwide viewership for its twelfth episode. While this was a decrease from its high, the series increased 0.4 percent from ratings recorded on June 17. The Hong Sisters' have a knack for throwing in melodrama when things seem like they are going
Hong Sisters strikes again! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(qwertyuioped @ Jun 21 2015, 01:12 AM)
Anyone watching My Love Eun Dong? First time, I watch korean drama in RAW because I couldnt wait for the subs! biggrin.gif
Gonna watch it when it's finished airing. There are already subs for it (until episode 7). nod.gif
MRaef
post Jun 26 2015, 11:07 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jun 26 2015, 04:02 AM)
plastic surgery? hmm.gif
I don't think HJW went for any surgery. She's one of the actress in Korea who takes care of her image and health quite well.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0581sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:42 AM