Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About Marriage JPN registration

views

judithapc
post Jan 23 2018, 09:57 AM

20 posts

I have a question to ask and can't seem to find this answer anywhere ...If I was divorced before, will my marriage certificate show "divorced" status when the 2 witness sign it during day of solemnization? Will they be able to know or see the status?

I know that when submit application 21 days before need to attach the decree nisi absolute cert together with application form and that's fine because witness need not attend. . But I'm concerned as I'm not sure whether this divorce cert or any mention of my "divorced" status will also be visible to the witnesses on solemnization day.. cos I plan to keep this private between husband and wife only. Please help..
OmiCatFace
post Jan 28 2018, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

Hi guys! Just want to ask a few things about marriage. My partner and I decided to do a ROM and dinner on the same day in KL. However, we plan to do the Chinese ceremony in our hometown Perak before our ROM date. Question is, can I do the Chinese marriage first then only proceed to ROM? Means Chinese ceremony + small dinner reception at hometown first. Then after a week or so, KL ROM + dinner reception. Is it possible?

This post has been edited by OmiCatFace: Jan 28 2018, 12:34 AM
kl5510
post Jan 29 2018, 01:17 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(OmiCatFace @ Jan 28 2018, 12:34 AM)
Hi guys! Just want to ask a few things about marriage. My partner and I decided to do a ROM and dinner on the same day in KL. However, we plan to do the Chinese ceremony in our hometown Perak before our ROM date. Question is, can I do the Chinese marriage first then only proceed to ROM? Means Chinese ceremony + small dinner reception at hometown first. Then after a week or so, KL ROM + dinner reception. Is it possible?
It's okay, as long you, your partner and family agrees.

I'm a photographer. This is my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/gallerieKK
You can PM me for our package for your Chinese ceremony + small dinner reception in Perak and also ROM and dinner in KL.
We also provide makeup and hairdo services.
My contact number: 018-208 3939 / 014-305 2388.

This post has been edited by kl5510: Jan 29 2018, 01:17 AM
vibes
post Feb 20 2018, 05:47 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(OmiCatFace @ Jan 28 2018, 12:34 AM)
Absolutely ok. Follow your convenience.
vibes
post Feb 20 2018, 05:54 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(judithapc @ Jan 23 2018, 09:57 AM)
I have a question to ask and can't seem to find this answer anywhere ...If I was divorced before, will my marriage certificate show "divorced" status when the 2 witness sign it during day of solemnization? Will they be able to know or see the status?

I know that when submit application 21 days before need to attach the decree nisi absolute cert together with application form and that's fine because witness need not attend. . But I'm concerned as I'm not sure whether this divorce cert or any mention of my "divorced" status will also be visible to the witnesses on solemnization day.. cos I plan to keep this private between husband and wife only. Please help..
Now, this got me thinking...

Why will you want to hide such a fact from your witnesses?

Am not absolutely sure if it will appear or not but, the marriage cert doesn't show marital status of bride & groom, so, I guess it will not appear. Anyways, be sure that you really want to hide such facts from your witnesses. I believe there is a reason why they are your witness and if a divorce status is kept away from them, then they are probably not qualified to be your witness. Just my thoughts.

Happy married life to you.
infested_ysy
post Feb 22 2018, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,051 posts

I'm from Melaka (IC address Melaka), I want to get married with my fiancee (IC address Ipoh). We're both living in KL and want the registration to be done in Thien Hou Gong. What are the steps?

Still need to go back to her IC state and register first?
cutegal0886
post Mar 6 2018, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(infested_ysy @ Feb 22 2018, 04:37 PM)
I'm from Melaka (IC address Melaka), I want to get married with my fiancee (IC address Ipoh). We're both living in KL and want the registration to be done in Thien Hou Gong. What are the steps?

Still need to go back to her IC state and register first?
Just go any branch of JPN

1. get the form
2. fill in necessary information
3. Take for commissioner of oath
4. back to JPN, register and paid the fees RM20 (if not mistaken) (all can be done on sameday)

then, booking date and venue, if u planning ROM at JPN, u can straight away do booking or else take all the receipts and form proceed to temple etc for booking.

Booking at thean hou temple,
1. pass the form and receipts from JPN
2. provide IC photocopy, witness IC photocopy & birth cert (both) photocopy
3. Book your date, they will inform u the time for register.
4. fees = RM80.00

No need to change IC address etc, as we both IC also not from KL/ Selangor

This post has been edited by cutegal0886: Mar 6 2018, 03:19 PM
Krv23490
post Mar 8 2018, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,150 posts

Hi, I am from PJ, Selangor and my fiance is staying in KL area. Do we have to go to separate JPN to submit the for?

Our ROM is planned in July at a hotel.
terryfu
post Mar 23 2018, 03:14 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(Krv23490 @ Mar 8 2018, 01:03 PM)
Hi, I am from PJ, Selangor and my fiance is staying in KL area. Do we have to go to separate JPN to submit the for?

Our ROM is planned in July at a hotel.
No. Wife from kedah. I from Johor. I went did the form at JPN PJ. Then official solemnize at thean hou KL.

Exactly as what cutegal says

This post has been edited by terryfu: Mar 23 2018, 03:15 PM
Xaser_3
post Mar 23 2018, 03:57 PM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...
All Stars
10,456 posts

No need so many submission all over the place. Just go to the nearest JPN office can ade.
cybpsych
post Jun 17 2018, 09:42 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,911 posts

question:

when submit JPN.KC02 form, any specific dress code?

smart casual, with jeans tshirt, or collar tshirt, is ok?

sandals or shoes?

thanks
ooikeat
post Jul 2 2018, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

i have a question.
Is there a time(date) limit for the official solemnize or ROM from the date of application ?

Thanks.
bb100
post Jul 2 2018, 11:20 AM

Editable...finally!
1,439 posts

QUOTE(ooikeat @ Jul 2 2018, 09:55 AM)
i have a question. 
Is there a time(date) limit for the official solemnize or ROM from the date of application ?

Thanks.
A quick check on JPN website reveals the answer:

Registration of marriage shall take place after 21 days + 1 day and not later than 6 months from the date of application.

More info under Application Requirements:
http://www.jpn.gov.my/en/maklumat-perkahwi...-beragama-islam

This post has been edited by bb100: Jul 2 2018, 11:21 AM
Emily Yee
post Aug 27 2018, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(X30N @ Aug 9 2018, 11:16 AM)
hi, anyone did the marriage registration at JPN Putrajaya?
just curious my ic address is selangor / gf is KL.
can we register at JPN Putrajaya?
I updated my IC address to KL and no problem.
ZeroDefect
post Jan 1 2019, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

Hi, I would like to ask if couple are Sabahan, can register at JPN Putrajaya for Marriage without change IC address?
hanzpng P
post Jun 24 2019, 10:03 AM

Probation
1 posts

Maybe need to send to both of countries too.
WhiteBlackKey
post Oct 9 2019, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Hi, does anyone know of any contact for assistant registrar for Sunday ROM?. Can't do in thean hou temple or those association because am a christian. Since JPN does not do on weekend. I've only managed to google Lim Kok Sai in PJ but he is no longer available there.

Any information?
Loviedovie P
post Feb 17 2022, 06:50 PM

Probation
5 posts

Hi guys, wanna ask if we both have the same address on IC, putrajaya, selangor. Can we submit the form to JPN putrajaya? Im confused because even though my address is putrajaya but district is under sepang. So should i submit to JPN sepang instead?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 PM