Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pr1ma Brickfields, Anyone have any info about this?

views

DesRed
post Apr 2 2018, 09:13 AM

Delta Echo Sierra Eight Five
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Apr 1 2018, 12:30 PM)
Just a note on the concept of PR1MA to those who might not know. From what I was told, PR1MA adopts an open concept whereby the area around the apartment blocks is not completely sealed off. For Pr1MA Alam Damai, the fencing is only at the sides and rear of the building. For the front portion, there is a guardhouse but there is no fence at both sides of the guard house. Meaning people can walk in to the apartment compound from the front since there is no fencing beside the guard house. Only vehicles going in and out are controlled via the guardhouse but there is no control on people who can trespass through the open area beside the guard house with the absence of fencing at the front (beside the guardhouse) with the open concept.

Not too sure if this applies to Pr1MA Brickfields as well but thought I might post this here as well.

Having said that, I think PP1AM is even worse as from my understanding there there isn't any guardhouse or fencing for PP1AM as it's completely open to public from what I read on the forum.
I went to pay a visit to PR1MA @ Alam Damai once a month ago when I happened to be around there looking for some kuih keria stall with my wife. Saw that some people dy moved in, but was shocked to see no barrier gate going in or out near the guardhouses. Thought it was designed as a serviced residence with commercials at the bottom at first.

But if all PR1MA condos are meant to be fully residential, doesn't that mean that the security is compromised dy? Even if the lift lobbies come installed with a card access panel, still, an open cp area would mean that anyone who wants to vandalise/burgle your car can just simply walk in and do so. Not to mention that illegal hawkers may set up shop there.

Not sure how comfortable the PR1MA Brickfields applicants will feel if this same concept is applied there.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Apr 2 2018, 09:13 AM
DesRed
post Apr 2 2018, 10:07 AM

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 2 2018, 09:22 AM)
if no barrier gate, means no JMB set up properly ?i guess..
when i first bought my house a G&G area, there wasn't any barrier or guards also. me and a few residents have to form a committee and requested developer to provide security for 1-2 years before we actually hired our own..
not sure how this should be applied to Pr1ma.
I've been to some newly completed condos 1-2 months after it VP'ed and a barrier gate is dy set up way before a JMB is formed.

Not sure how long will the residents be able to wait for the JMB to be formed just to implement barrier gates coz from what I've heard, it takes roughly 8 months to a year in most condos.
DesRed
post Apr 3 2018, 09:47 AM

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Apr 3 2018, 08:34 AM)
There is a barrier gate at the entrance and exit points of the car parks. Not too sure if there would be a barrier gate at the guardhouse as all the access card/barrier gate system is not operational yet. According to my daughter, the system is planned to be operational by next month. PR1MA is a little slow with the implementation of some of these systems but it is comprehensible since the Vacant Possession was issued not too long ago. So far there are very few owners who have moved in to stay at PR1MA Alam Damai so maybe that is one of the reasons why things are slow moving.

PR1MA has engaged an independent property management company to manage PR1MA Alam Damai so it's still not too bad. The absence of the fencing at the front line at both sides of the guard house is surely not very good since visitors or anyone from the public can just walk in and out of the PR1MA compound without registering with the security at the guard house. Not too sure if the "Open Concept" would be implemented in PR1MA Brickfields but changes can be proposed at a later stage if deemed appropriate.
I see. At this stage for Alam Damai, they'll just have to wait until a JMB is formed, then they can make those changes such as fencing up the whole place and installing the barrier gate at its entrance and exit to the condo compound outside that of the indoor cp.

There is still the possibility of govt interference at this stage, but who knows? I remember there are some members who mentioned that DBKL did do random a spot check on Residensi Pandanmas a month back.

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Apr 3 2018, 08:34 AM)
With regards to illegal hawkers setting up stalls near the entrance of the guardhouse of beside the road, it will depend on how strict will the management be in preventing these stalls from being set up beside the road. With enough complaints I believe the stalls will cease to exist if they are proven to be an obstruction.
Yep, unless the management company managing this condo is pretty strict from the start to ban them from coming in, but wholly depends on what management company PR1MA appointed.
DesRed
post Apr 6 2018, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(joeaverage @ Apr 6 2018, 11:58 AM)
i thought so too.. but when i spoke to the Pr1ma rep last wkend - he said not walking distance. hmmm..  hmm.gif  hmm.gif

must go test it out.
From the number of times I drove to MV, I don't recall seeing any sidewalks heading in that direction and I doubt it'll be a comfortable walk even if there is.

The other way to get there is via the link bridge connecting directly to Alila/The Establishment nearby for a comfortable walk to the Bangsar LRT station, then take the LRT to KL Sentral and interchange to the KTM to go to the MV station. A bit of a zig-zag way to get there if you ask me.
DesRed
post Sep 21 2018, 11:42 AM

Not sure about you guys but anyone noticed that the adjacent plot of land next to this project is being developed?

Saw piling rigs and cranes from Pintaras doing the piling and laying the foundation since last week. If it's going to be a high-rise, then those who bought the KL-facing units of this project will lose this view. hmm.gif
DesRed
post Dec 10 2018, 12:31 AM

QUOTE(gshock_kaki @ Dec 10 2018, 12:23 AM)
u guys receive any updates?
I did not follow this project closely, but I did see an excavator doing some groundwork last Friday morning and in the evening, more construction equipment started moving in.

About time it started. Been seeing that land empty for more than a year dy.
DesRed
post Jan 18 2019, 12:10 PM

Must be web admin at PR1MA forgot to update the website, I guess. tongue.gif
DesRed
post Feb 9 2019, 12:48 AM

QUOTE(BoonieTan @ Jan 19 2019, 12:08 AM)
By the way, notice that there is only one way in and out around the Government Servants' Quarters only.

And there will be Pasar Malam from 3-11pm every Friday.

So to anyone who may have knowledge, can you share about how is the traffic when there is Pasar Malam?
I park at the spot underneath the KLIA Express/Transit link next to the Bangsar/Bank Rakyat LRT station on a regular basis and I can tell you that you will get fined by DBKL if you park at the side of the Gov't quarters. According to DBKL, the staff who to park on the sides lodged a complaint about the rampant parking by outsiders. As a result, the management came up with a sticker to identify the gov't staff vehicles. Parking at the spot between the quarters and this project's plot is fine, though.

With regards to the pasar malam, yes, the traffic is very bad if you happen to collect your vehicle around 5pm - 6pm. On the morning itself, you'll be forced to park near the walkway towards the LRT station to make way for it. The parking attendant there will kindly direct you on which spot to park your car when you arrive.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Feb 9 2019, 12:51 AM
DesRed
post Feb 9 2019, 11:07 PM

QUOTE(BoonieTan @ Feb 9 2019, 07:55 AM)
Thank you and your answer helps!

Is it hard to board the LRT to work in the morning considering Bangsar is a long way off from the first station from either direction (i.e Putra Height or Gombak)?
So far I'm able to board into either a 2-coach or 4-coach LRT to work without any issues, but that is because I reach the platform at around 8.00am to 8.30am. Going back, on the other hand, at around 5.30pm to 6.30pm is a pain, tho. Trains can be crammed to the max on some days and I was forced to let go of 2 trains when that happened in KL Sentral. But there are days I'm able to board the 1st train back, so it really depends on your luck.
DesRed
post Mar 8 2019, 11:36 AM

QUOTE(kingmafia @ Mar 7 2019, 06:47 PM)
Is it safe to walk to the lrt?
I walked there at around 7.30pm onwards a number of times and so far, nothing untoward happened to me. Just that the corridor's lights heading over the KLIA Express and KTM tracks from the LRT station aren't working, tho. Can be a bit creepy coz its really dark during that time.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Mar 8 2019, 11:37 AM
DesRed
post Mar 8 2019, 04:20 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Mar 8 2019, 01:11 PM)
You are guy leh......

Opportunists will prey for the weakest groups
There are even guys who also got mugged or assaulted near my housing area in the late evenings for those who happen to walk outside from the KTM MidValley station on the pathway towards the section where Setia Sky Seputeh is...
DesRed
post Mar 31 2019, 03:00 PM

QUOTE(BoonieTan @ Mar 30 2019, 05:02 PM)
If you look at the article, they acknowledge that the enforcement on previous/existing project has been lax and nothing much they can do about it.

But moving forward for future projects, they want to close the loophole and start to enforce more diligently in catching the errant buyers.

Looking at what they did/said in Penang/Selangor, there's not betting one day they really enforce the policy nationwide.

As these affordable housing have always been for people to own their homes and not for investment. So do proceed with caution if you have other objectives in mind.

links:

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/201...ing-pol/1717441

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/kpkt-plann...uraida-YK729375
What happens when one decides to move out after staying there for a couple of years (assuming its after the moratorium period) for reasons such as moving elsewhere/back to hometown, upgrade to another type of residence, etc.?

If forced to sell it back to KPKT, they will surely offer lower than its market value. Might as well just put it up for sale on sites like iproperty, etc. to get my money's worth.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Mar 31 2019, 03:01 PM
DesRed
post Apr 6 2019, 10:28 AM

QUOTE(dave1987 @ Apr 6 2019, 09:16 AM)
Heard now need this type of affordable house need sell back 2 gov
So far, only Penang seem to be spearheading this move atm (link).

Probably have to wait for the outcome once they iron out the issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are objections to it during the discussion or if its implemented.
DesRed
post Apr 13 2019, 11:01 AM

QUOTE(trust4you @ Apr 13 2019, 09:22 AM)
Isit justifiable to pay for this price for apartment style? Walkable to train station safely?  What is the unique selling point, i pun mau know..
Well, it is close to KL Sentral but not walking distance, tho. Best to take the LRT to reach there from the Bangsar LRT station.

It is possible to walk to the Bangsar LRT station as there is a proper pathway there, albeit exposed. Just note that the lights on the overhead bridge connecting to the station is busted and it can be a bit dim around there at night as the street lamps aren't that bright. Like what a few other members mentioned at the M Vertica thread, might as well find a group of folks living here and nearby to walk to and back from the station if you're concerned on the safety.
DesRed
post May 4 2019, 09:53 AM

QUOTE(amnina @ May 3 2019, 07:55 PM)
Guys.... By any chance you guys know anybody letting go his or her unit. Or any agent for this house maybe? Thanksss
Best you just go straight to the PR1MA sales gallery/office to enquire. I just checked the website and only now did the status change to 'Dibuka Semula Unit Terhad'. A few months to a year back before the HOC, it was fully booked.
DesRed
post May 14 2019, 11:26 PM

QUOTE(hian1989 @ May 14 2019, 10:04 PM)
Hi want check with you all, isit only one access into this developement? The road is narrow n dark during the nite, dont think is safe to walk to lrt station oso, n everything have to drive out oso
Yep. This project's folks will share the same road as those nearby apartments, the gov't quarters, some building down the road towards Sri Impian housing factory workers and SeniLand's soon-to-be launched project. Traffic will get real bad on this road unless DBKL, MRCB or SeniLand decides to widen it.

And yes, it can be get dark, especially on the LRT walkway towards this area, so if you happen to commute to work via the LRT, just come back while the sun is still up or get to know others in the area to go back together in a group.
DesRed
post May 16 2019, 12:20 AM

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ May 15 2019, 02:53 AM)
logically speaking, do u dare to walk out in the night alone?

broad daylight also got daylight robbery.

if all else fail, take grab if you value ur safety.
I walked there every Monday to Friday during the day. So far nothing happened to me and have not seen incidences of robberies and assault.

And I have walked that same path on some nights. Didn't see anything untoward so far...

QUOTE(hian1989 @ May 15 2019, 11:15 PM)
don't think will do that caused drive car all the time, just wonder this development many chinese buyers? if choose here because of the center location and close approximately to kl sentral but about 1km walking distance
Just take the LRT. You will definitely save on the parking if you need to commute to work on the weekdays and heartache when one of the carpark plots nearby your workplace gets hoarded up and developed.

As for walking to KL Sentral, don't count on it. The pavements around this project aren't conducive for proper walking, plus its 1km.
DesRed
post May 16 2019, 01:28 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ May 16 2019, 12:39 PM)
Walk to bangsar lrt how far?

Dun tell me its under 500mtr.
Much less than that. 300m +/-. You can use google maps and put the marker at where the entrance of this project is towards that LRT entrance.

In addition, I did park near this project site once or twice and it wasn't such a far walk to that entrance either compared to Parc3 to the LRT/MRT Maluri interchange. Not to mention that its much safer compared to the latter where I have to cross a busy main road before reaching the station.

This post has been edited by DesRed: May 16 2019, 01:44 PM
DesRed
post May 16 2019, 01:46 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ May 16 2019, 01:42 PM)
Huh?

I think j must hsve gotten the location wrong.

I thought it is one plot away from the river n at least 2 blocks away from alilia.
It's just below the gov't quarters there. And next to this plot on the right is a small Hindu shrine and SeniLand's upcoming project which the latter is nearly done with the piling.

And yes, below this project is the Klang river. Another hint is that you can see this project site along with SeniLand's site when you enter the flyover into Brickfields from Fed Highway/Jln Syed Putra heading towards the KL direction.

This post has been edited by DesRed: May 16 2019, 01:50 PM
DesRed
post May 16 2019, 02:10 PM

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ May 16 2019, 01:58 PM)
Can it be less than 300mtr to bangsar lrt???
I thought the connecting bridge already at least 150mtr.
Should've been more clear there. I was referring to the entrance/exit of that LRT bridge from this project site is around 300m ish.

And I walked on that bridge many times. Didn't feel like it was that long to cross over the KTM tracks to the LRT station entrance and it certainly does not look as long as the link bridge from the Kerinchi station all the way to the Horizon in Bangsar South.

This post has been edited by DesRed: May 16 2019, 02:11 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0912sec    0.87    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 03:58 AM