Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pr1ma Brickfields, Anyone have any info about this?

views

BoonieTan
post Jan 16 2019, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

Is this thread still alive?
BoonieTan
post Jan 16 2019, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(trust4you @ Jan 16 2019, 09:26 PM)
no more alive liao
I see.

Then I'll just leave my query to everyone here, please help out if you can.

I saw there are still a few units left, mainly unit 12 at Block C. The unit is facing inwards. It is facing the common hall/space. I'm wondering why the previous buyers were reluctant to take on these units. What were theur concern when they got these units and released subsequently?
BoonieTan
post Jan 17 2019, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(joeaverage @ Jan 17 2019, 09:54 AM)
Why do you say its released? where u checked? i just checked with Pr1ma and they said not available.
I walked in the showroom. There were 7-8 left over units.
BoonieTan
post Jan 19 2019, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(peterCparker @ Jan 18 2019, 11:17 AM)
Which units are still available? 7-8 all unit 12 kah? which floor then
Quite a number of them Block C unit 12. I think mostly is because you cannot get a nice view from the house.

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jan 18 2019, 12:10 PM)
Must be web admin at PR1MA forgot to update the website, I guess. tongue.gif
There are too few left for registration online. In fact, many customers walk in to enquire about it.

P/S:

By the way, notice that there is only one way in and out around the Government Servants' Quarters only.

And there will be Pasar Malam from 3-11pm every Friday.

So to anyone who may have knowledge, can you share about how is the traffic when there is Pasar Malam?

This post has been edited by BoonieTan: Jan 27 2019, 12:47 AM
BoonieTan
post Jan 29 2019, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Jun 11 2018, 04:24 PM)
are you in the whatsapp group ?
if you are, just request for the quote that we got, we will share them
Hello Bro, can you add me into the whatsapp group? Tried to PM you but couldn't reach you.

Or anyone who has access to the whatsapp group can help me please?
BoonieTan
post Feb 8 2019, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Thanila @ Feb 8 2019, 09:32 AM)
Please add me too...thank you
I think the whatsapp group admin is no longer here.

Should we start a new group for the existing and would-be buyer to exchange views and news about this project?

BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 07:55 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Feb 9 2019, 12:48 AM)
I park at the spot underneath the KLIA Express/Transit link next to the Bangsar/Bank Rakyat LRT station on a regular basis and I can tell you that you will get fined by DBKL if you park at the side of the Gov't quarters. According to DBKL, the staff who to park on the sides lodged a complaint about the rampant parking by outsiders. As a result, the management came up with a sticker to identify the gov't staff vehicles. Parking at the spot between the quarters and this project's plot is fine, though.

With regards to the pasar malam, yes, the traffic is very bad if you happen to collect your vehicle around 5pm - 6pm. On the morning itself, you'll be forced to park near the walkway towards the LRT station to make way for it. The parking attendant there will kindly direct you on which spot to park your car when you arrive.
Thank you and your answer helps!

Is it hard to board the LRT to work in the morning considering Bangsar is a long way off from the first station from either direction (i.e Putra Height or Gombak)?
BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 9 2019, 11:38 AM)
Tan you are buying affordable housing, there is nothing perfect about affordable housing.

Suck it up and move on
Well, I understand there would be some drawbacks when it comes to affordable housing.

Just trying to gather as much information as I can before making the plunge.

Moreover, it will be my first home puchase if everything jadi. That's not too much to ask for a would be first time home buyer right?

BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(LoTek @ Feb 9 2019, 02:47 PM)
Nope you are right to dig up as much info as possible on what is probably your biggest purchase to date. Don't let the sarcastic kopitiam uncles get you down. They might not understand how hard the average man on the street works for every dollar.

Lrt KJ line generally is extremely congested. Usually I wait for the 4 car trains and totally ignore the 2 cars.. If I'm not in a hurry that is. But you will get into the train at some point, don't worry... I never board at bangsar, but at pasar seni. Since its an interchange I guess it would be even more congested than Bsar.
Thank you for your understanding bro. You got my concern completely right. First it's gonna be few decades long commitment. Second, I'm considering few affordable projects as there are few that fit my preference (walking distance away from MRT/LRT), mainly Brickfields, Kuchai Lama and Kepong. I'd really hope I can make the right decision that I can live with for the next 35 years lol.

BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 9 2019, 02:59 PM)
boonie

if you want to measure up every single thing, you will end up buying nothing.

Lotek

buy affordable housing, buy location, you wont go wrong.

pls don't go for personal attack. I didn't do anything wrong by you.
also don't forget, I was as young and as poor like you before.
now, how you board in pasar seni where the closest LRT station for Rumawip brickfields is at LRT Bangsar?
Abam bean counter, I think u got it wrong d. There is barely anything build on the site yet.

Lotek is merely sharing his thoughts with me.
BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(LoTek @ Feb 9 2019, 03:05 PM)
Brickfields is right in town, unlikely to go wrong... Kuchai is a nice prime suburb, are you talking about lily apt? Its nice to be connected to MRT. I am just not sure if the developer is ok, and if it has experience in high rise? Kepong idk not familiar at all.
You're correct on both counts. I'm referring to Lily Apartment in Kuchai Lama.

I love the relatively more peaceful site at Brickfields but there is barely anything erected on the site yet. And they are supposed to complete it by 2021, I'm worried there may be some delay on the delivery of the unit. And there isn't any restaurant within the vicinity.

I think I like the population demographic in Kuchai Lama more. A very bustling city and everything is within vicinity. Food, bank and etc. The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is that this developer seems inexperienced.

And I'm also looking at thriven global Rumawip project at kepong. I'm kinda like how thriven conduct themselves and the concept they bring to their project. But I heard the non-bumi lots have all been sold out and I'm unable to reach them to check (perhaps they are still on CNY leave).
BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 9 2019, 03:09 PM)
boonie

do you know the actual site of this brickfields rumawip?

I don't think its an easy walk to Bangsar LRT or monorail.
ah yes. btw bro it's not rumawip but it's under PR1MA.

I've visited the site and it's about 10 min walk away from LRT bangsar.

God willing, if the river of life project comes to fruition (unlikely considering the current gov doesn't seem too keen on it), I think they are gonna build a pavement along the river bank which will take about 15 min walking time to midvalley in the future.
BoonieTan
post Feb 9 2019, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(LoTek @ Feb 9 2019, 03:27 PM)
not trying to be racist, but i think if you are chinese you will be happier in kuchai as an ownstayer, unless being very close to kl city is important. pr1ma is old administration initiative, surely will have issues, both legacy and current ones🤣.

i actually nearly bought lily for my parents. but the worries about developer made me back off,especially as it seems more and more affordable housing yet to come, and in lucky circumstances able to get completed ones off lelong market too..
But there is a 10 year moratorium in which house cannot be transferred or sold. So I'm sure if you can get from secondary market lol.

Their thread here seems very lively though. A lot of discussion going on and garner a lot of interest.

This post has been edited by BoonieTan: Feb 9 2019, 03:39 PM
BoonieTan
post Feb 10 2019, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Feb 9 2019, 11:07 PM)
So far I'm able to board into either a 2-coach or 4-coach LRT to work without any issues, but that is because I reach the platform at around 8.00am to 8.30am. Going back, on the other hand, at around 5.30pm to 6.30pm is a pain, tho. Trains can be crammed to the max on some days and I was forced to let go of 2 trains when that happened in KL Sentral. But there are days I'm able to board the 1st train back, so it really depends on your luck.
Ah I see, that's a very good news to me. I tend to go back later than usual off hour, I guess I will do fine with the after office crowd.
BoonieTan
post Feb 11 2019, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Thanila @ Feb 11 2019, 11:27 AM)
yeah...
Great, UGPM.
BoonieTan
post Feb 11 2019, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(kingmafia @ Feb 11 2019, 06:25 PM)
Still available?
You need to walk in to their showroom to enquire. Not many units left, that's why they do not bother to reopen online.
BoonieTan
post Feb 12 2019, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 12 2019, 12:09 AM)
under new gov.....no more classification already...all considered affordable housing. It is a big deal to confused with rumawip and Pr1ma??????

I said Bangsar LRT OR Monorail. I didn't say Bangsar Monorail. Try not to pick bones. Nobody is going to pad yr back and said 'job well done'.
Bro I don't understand why you have to be so bitter about it really.

The reason I clarify you is because the PR1MA is a different body from Rumawip and they have different packages, pro and cons. Don't want other people to get confuse. Not trying to be condescending also.

Chill lau.
BoonieTan
post Mar 11 2019, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(henry wong @ Mar 11 2019, 10:54 PM)
Maybank can exclude mrta. But rate 4.7%
Really? my mbb loan officer told me all Pr1ma loans come with compulsory MRTA. Guess different officer different policy?
BoonieTan
post Mar 30 2019, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(arclynmen @ Mar 30 2019, 11:00 AM)
Received email for jemputan khas pemilihan unit.
The location seems really good but
1. Can I rent it out? Or sell it after 5 years?
2. Any maintenance fee?
3. What kind of unit still left?
Attached screenshot in response to question 1.

No renting or transferring of house within 5 year moratorium period.

And it seems Housing minister is gonna revise the affordable home policy soon and introduce more restrictions in regard to resale and use of affordable home. Though no specific clauses have been outlined as of today yet but it's best to buy this house for own stay purpose rather than for it's investment potential.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
BoonieTan
post Mar 30 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Mar 30 2019, 04:24 PM)
If you look at the article, they acknowledge that the enforcement on previous/existing project has been lax and nothing much they can do about it.

But moving forward for future projects, they want to close the loophole and start to enforce more diligently in catching the errant buyers.

Looking at what they did/said in Penang/Selangor, there's not betting one day they really enforce the policy nationwide.

As these affordable housing have always been for people to own their homes and not for investment. So do proceed with caution if you have other objectives in mind.

links:

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/201...ing-pol/1717441

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/kpkt-plann...uraida-YK729375

This post has been edited by BoonieTan: Mar 30 2019, 05:04 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0398sec    1.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 09:07 PM