Finally got my screen replaced, cost me almost 400 but no regrets~! cool2.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horns
post Apr 24 2017, 02:11 AM
\m/
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 24 2017, 12:18 AM)
Finally got my screen replaced, cost me almost 400 but no regrets~!  cool2.gif
nice smile.gif the price is ok i guess.
+Quote Post
Mubarak90
post Apr 25 2017, 01:54 PM
Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 24 2017, 12:18 AM)
Finally got my screen replaced, cost me almost 400 but no regrets~!  cool2.gif
Is it the same screen or a better screen?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
xyz_cityhunter
post Apr 27 2017, 08:18 AM
Getting Started

QUOTE(horns @ Apr 24 2017, 02:11 AM)
nice smile.gif the price is ok i guess.
Considered cheap if compare with the local service shop that charge 300 for a regular 14inch screen replacement...

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Apr 25 2017, 01:54 PM)
Is it the same screen or a better screen?
Same screen, didn't found much info on the G-sync screen but i guess that will need some mod on the mobo so didn't bother with that...

Side note, now getting some key stroke issue on some of the keys on my laptop keyboard... The key still able to response but just not regular stroking action but sometime like need to hit it harder or press on certain edge of the key then only it will register... mad.gif

By the way, anyone can give some recommendation on any mechanical keyboard which is around 300-400 price point? Saw one Logitech G710+ at about 350 but with Cherry MX Blue switch which is not so good for double-clicking... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by xyz_cityhunter: Apr 27 2017, 09:51 AM
+Quote Post
Mubarak90
post Apr 27 2017, 11:42 AM
Casual

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 27 2017, 08:18 AM)
Considered cheap if compare with the local service shop that charge 300 for a regular 14inch screen replacement...
Same screen, didn't found much info on the G-sync screen but i guess that will need some mod on the mobo so didn't bother with that...

Side note, now getting some key stroke issue on some of the keys on my laptop keyboard... The key still able to response but just not regular stroking action but sometime like need to hit it harder or press on certain edge of the key then only it will register... mad.gif

By the way, anyone can give some recommendation on any mechanical keyboard which is around 300-400 price point? Saw one Logitech G710+ at about 350 but with Cherry MX Blue switch which is not so good for double-clicking... hmm.gif
Well, usually Mechanical Keyboards from established brand ranges from 399 upwards. If you can get one for cheaper, then I do think it's a nice price. My brother bought his Corsair Strafe for 399.
+Quote Post
horns
post Apr 27 2017, 03:23 PM
\m/

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 27 2017, 08:18 AM)

for mkbs, it's better for you go and try out different switches first. it's really about personal preference.

i only have mkbs with cherry mx (red mostly; backlit and non-backlit); to me cherry mx blue is loud. red is best (linear, 45g), especially with double o-rings, and swapped stock abs keycaps with pbt. i prefer tenkeyless (tkl) to full set. if you are like those who love to swap keycaps due to whatever reasons, it's better to stick to cherry mx switches (more keycap choices). the common ones that fit all bills that i know of are filco (non-backlit), ducky (backlit and non-backlit), and coolermaster masterkeys series (backlit). corsair's mkbs have incompatible bottom row, so you cannot swap all of them with the common oem or cherry mx compatible keycaps (most will fit, but not some keys at bottom row; i read corsair will release pbt keycaps later, but don't know when)

there are cheaper options with cherry mx clone switches. you can check out storeuni.com or garage sales here for options. i saw something in those places that are around your budget.

edit: oh right my current favorite is coolermaster masterkey pro s. it's a minimalist keyboard with rgb backlit; you can save profiles with keyboard itself, without the need of additional software; media keys can be accessed via fn combos; the rest is for you to explore. yeah the price is higher, but it's worth the price tbh.

imo corsair's stock keycaps are bad. their overall build quality is good, except for their keycaps. the paint is so thin that they got peeled after a year or two.

This post has been edited by horns: Apr 27 2017, 05:48 PM
+Quote Post
xyz_cityhunter
post Apr 27 2017, 10:23 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Apr 27 2017, 11:42 AM)
Well, usually Mechanical Keyboards from established brand ranges from 399 upwards. If you can get one for cheaper, then I do think it's a nice price. My brother bought his Corsair Strafe for 399.
Yeah, kind of itchy due to the price... tongue.gif

QUOTE(horns @ Apr 27 2017, 03:23 PM)
for mkbs, it's better for you go and try out different switches first. it's really about personal preference.

i only have mkbs with cherry mx (red mostly; backlit and non-backlit); to me cherry mx blue is loud. red is best (linear, 45g), especially with double o-rings, and swapped stock abs keycaps with pbt. i prefer tenkeyless (tkl) to full set. if you are like those who love to swap keycaps due to whatever reasons, it's better to stick to cherry mx switches (more keycap choices). the common ones that fit all bills that i know of are filco (non-backlit), ducky (backlit and non-backlit), and coolermaster masterkeys series (backlit). corsair's mkbs have incompatible bottom row, so you cannot swap all of them with the common oem or cherry mx compatible keycaps (most will fit, but not some keys at bottom row; i read corsair will release pbt keycaps later, but don't know when)

there are cheaper options with cherry mx clone switches. you can check out storeuni.com or garage sales here for options. i saw something in those places that are around your budget.

edit: oh right my current favorite is coolermaster masterkey pro s. it's a minimalist keyboard with rgb backlit; you can save profiles with keyboard itself, without the need of additional software; media keys can be accessed via fn combos; the rest is for you to explore. yeah the price is higher, but it's worth the price tbh.

imo corsair's stock keycaps are bad. their overall build quality is good, except for their keycaps. the paint is so thin that they got peeled after a year or two.
Yeah i did some research on the switch which i read that the blue one not good for gaming as harder and hard to double tap due to the mechanics of the switch: http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2...nical-switches/
About the O-ring, do you need to get it separately or certain few will come with those for dampening the key stroke?
Will have a look at the link you provided and thanks for the info... if nothing fits my bill then i guess will go with cheap conventional membrane keyboard... rclxs0.gif
+Quote Post
horns
post Apr 27 2017, 11:18 PM
\m/

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 27 2017, 10:23 PM)
Yeah, kind of itchy due to the price... tongue.gif

Yeah i did some research on the switch which i read that the blue one not good for gaming as harder and hard to double tap due to the mechanics of the switch: http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2...nical-switches/
About the O-ring, do you need to get it separately or certain few will come with those for dampening the key stroke?
Will have a look at the link you provided and thanks for the info... if nothing fits my bill then i guess will go with cheap conventional membrane keyboard... rclxs0.gif
you get o-rings separately, https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3461701 (however i suggest you test the mkb out without o-rings first; maybe you like the original feels; i like my keyboards to make less noise)

i suggest you to get one. mkbs are good and long lasting in general (at least cherry mx switches). if you don't like backlit, it's cheaper relatively.
+Quote Post
xyz_cityhunter
post Apr 28 2017, 08:15 AM
Getting Started

QUOTE(horns @ Apr 27 2017, 11:18 PM)
you get o-rings separately, https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3461701 (however i suggest you test the mkb out without o-rings first; maybe you like the original feels; i like my keyboards to make less noise)

i suggest you to get one. mkbs are good and long lasting in general (at least cherry mx switches). if you don't like backlit, it's cheaper relatively.
Actually I don't mind the noise of the switch so it's just the budget problem... biggrin.gif
As for switch type, i thought the blue switch design would make it hard for gaming purposes but after reading some reviews and opinions in forums, I think it's just a matter of personal preference so I might try it out and see if I can grow to like this mkb... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by xyz_cityhunter: Apr 28 2017, 09:17 AM
+Quote Post
horns
post Apr 28 2017, 01:07 PM
\m/

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 28 2017, 08:15 AM)
Actually I don't mind the noise of the switch so it's just the budget problem... biggrin.gif

As for switch type, i thought the blue switch design would make it hard for gaming purposes but after reading some reviews and opinions in forums, I think it's just a matter of personal preference so I might try it out and see if I can grow to like this mkb... hmm.gif
tbh there is no need to get those expensive ones, unless they have unique features that you want and that others don't have, or you're some kind of enthusiasts (which have their own sets of brands to choose from). in reality, they're keyboards that last and with better typing feels. (each brand does have different typing feels even if they use the same switch; but that's not the point if you just need a mkb)

right it's all about personal preference, that's why it's better to check them out one by one.

+Quote Post
xyz_cityhunter
post Apr 28 2017, 02:10 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(horns @ Apr 28 2017, 01:07 PM)
tbh there is no need to get those expensive ones, unless they have unique features that you want and that others don't have, or you're some kind of enthusiasts (which have their own sets of brands to choose from). in reality, they're keyboards that last and with better typing feels. (each brand does have different typing feels even if they use the same switch; but that's not the point if you just need a mkb)

right it's all about personal preference, that's why it's better to check them out one by one.
Yeah, i did manage to get to try out some Cherry MX Blue and clone blue switches at some PC shop nearby and i'm quite pleased with the blue click-clanking... bruce.gif
I also manage to try on one Cherry MX Brown is somehow sound and feels like a regular keyboard, which feels odd on mechanical keyboard in my point of view... blink.gif
I now kind of agreeing with the opinion Linus having on the blue switches in this video... rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by xyz_cityhunter: Apr 28 2017, 07:37 PM
+Quote Post
horns
post Apr 28 2017, 03:11 PM
\m/

QUOTE(xyz_cityhunter @ Apr 28 2017, 02:10 PM)
Yeah, i did manage to get to try out some Cherry MX Blue and clone blue switches at some PC shop nearby and i'm quite pleased with the blue click-clanking...  bruce.gif
I also manage to try on one Cherry MX Brown is somehow sound and feels like a regular keyboard, which feels odd on mechanical keyboard in my point of view... blink.gif
I now kind of agreeing with the opinion Linus having on the blue switches in this video... rclxms.gif

yeah it's almost all about personal preference when you talked about those switches. all it matters is that you like your choice smile.gif
+Quote Post
xyz_cityhunter
post Apr 29 2017, 05:42 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(horns @ Apr 28 2017, 03:11 PM)
yeah it's almost all about personal preference when you talked about those switches. all it matters is that you like your choice smile.gif
Yeah, just made the order and wait for it to ship on the next working day... Fingers crossed... notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Darkshining
post Jun 9 2017, 02:27 AM

Sorry if this have been asked before, is there any ASUS 1050ti laptop in Malaysia?

I am a big fan of ASUS so if possible I wish to buy an ASUS 1050ti laptop before I consider other brand.

I try to look around the internet and I can't seem to find an ASUS 1050ti laptop in Malaysia, only 1050 laptop.

This post has been edited by Darkshining: Jun 9 2017, 02:31 AM
+Quote Post
Mubarak90
post Jun 14 2017, 12:04 PM
Casual

QUOTE(Darkshining @ Jun 9 2017, 02:27 AM)
Sorry if this have been asked before, is there any ASUS 1050ti laptop in Malaysia?

I am a big fan of ASUS so if possible I wish to buy an ASUS 1050ti laptop before I consider other brand.

I try to look around the internet and I can't seem to find an ASUS 1050ti laptop in Malaysia, only 1050 laptop.
Well, for now, only the GTX1050 I think. Maybe they'll bring some in the future.
+Quote Post
moiskyrie
post Jul 17 2017, 08:58 PM
Regular

want to ask, where can i find power brick, need spare.
everywhere i search also cant find, my boss as asus, they open price of rm 500 ....
if got third party one, i want to know...>><
+Quote Post
Mubarak90
post Jul 19 2017, 11:44 AM
Casual

QUOTE(moiskyrie @ Jul 17 2017, 08:58 PM)
want to ask, where can i find power brick, need spare.
everywhere i search also cant find, my boss as asus, they open price of rm 500 ....
if got third party one, i want to know...>><
Can try Forum.lowyat.net Garage Sales thread. Also, can try finding it on Mudah.my or Lelong.com.my. If doesn't have in Malaysia, can try with Aliexpress.
+Quote Post

76 Pages « < 74 75 76Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0854sec    6.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 04:52 PM