Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Considering a property; please share thoughts! :), Mont Kiara vs Kota Damansara Props

views

Babizz
post Oct 27 2014, 10:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 27 2014, 01:12 AM)
so i'm not the only one who think ara D is too expensive  brows.gif  brows.gif
yes when/if a crash comes, Ara D condos will feel the wrath as I don't understand why would anyone pay 900-1k psf to stay at the edge of damansara in Ara D.. i have a few friends staying there and don't see the hype of citta mall but the area is nice though..

corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 10:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 27 2014, 10:24 PM)
yes when/if a crash comes, Ara D condos will feel the wrath as I don't understand why would anyone pay 900-1k psf to stay at the edge of damansara in Ara D.. i have a few friends staying there and don't see the hype of citta mall but the area is nice though..
ya i think the area not bad but too bad the price just jump up too high too soon.
which area you prefer? around oasis there, or at saujana subang, if the psf is the same?
Babizz
post Oct 27 2014, 10:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 27 2014, 08:32 AM)
ya i think the area not bad but too bad the price just jump up too high too soon.
which area you prefer? around oasis there, or at saujana subang, if the psf is the same?
saujana side.. my friend used to rent out a large unit in one of the older condos to a Japanese tenant but is empty now due to stiff competition of new units.. do u have any houses there?
BigMan123
post Oct 27 2014, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 27 2014, 10:41 PM)
saujana side.. my friend used to rent out a large unit in one of the older condos to a Japanese tenant but is empty now due to stiff competition of new units.. do u have any houses there?
Just wait till ara green, maisson, H20, potpourri are completed. That will be another 3000 plus units available
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 27 2014, 10:41 PM)
no la saujana house waa. those house for big timers , man. you got one there? brows.gif brows.gif

just curious your preference cos i was looking at a unit there last year (condo not house). let me get this straight, your friend not is not able to secure a tenant at all? that's ... not very reassuring news. sad.gif

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 27 2014, 11:12 PM
Babizz
post Oct 27 2014, 11:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:10 AM)
no la  saujana house waa. those house for big timers , man. you got one there?  brows.gif  brows.gif

just curious your preference cos i was looking at a unit there last year (condo not house). let me get this straight, your friend not is not able to secure a tenant at all? that's ... not very reassuring news. sad.gif
haha his unit has been empty for 7 months plus now.. it's an big sqft old condo la.. i asked him to sell it off asap and invest in smaller units elsewhere.. that's why i don't believe in penthouse's for investment..

U target old or new condos? Bungaraya still looks good
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 27 2014, 11:23 PM)
haha his unit has been empty for 7 months plus now.. it's an big sqft old condo la.. i asked him to sell it off asap and invest in smaller units elsewhere.. that's why i don't believe in penthouse's for investment..

U target old or new condos? Bungaraya still looks good
yahp bungaraya was what i considered but in the end never bought it. maybe i should have, good value and size is good too, not too big or too small. your friend one is it bugaraya condo? interesting you don't believe in penthouse, there are some people (so called "guru") say buy penthouse cos it's exclusive and limited units so always will find buyer. a lot of new condo very expensive or else in too far away location from my family, so I decided to get old condo recently. you lei? what's your latest target? r u a bukit jalil fan?

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 28 2014, 12:00 AM
Babizz
post Oct 28 2014, 12:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:59 AM)
yahp bungaraya was what i considered but in the end never bought it. maybe i should have, good value and size is good too, not too big or too small. your friend one is it bugaraya condo? interesting you don't believe in penthouse, there are some people (so called "guru") say buy penthouse cos it's exclusive and limited units so always will find buyer. a lot of new condo very expensive or else in too far away location from my family, so I decided to get old condo recently. you lei? what's your latest target? r u a bukit jalil fan?
his one is bungaraya i think...forgot d.. shld be la.. i see the subsale 600k looks like a good deal.. if can yield 3.5% also ok laa.

Yeah i have heard the guru's saying that about penthouses but if u see in the long run how many penthouses selling for 30-40% less than normal units on a psf basis.. Did they buy the penthouses for lower psf price?? Im sure they paid a 'premium' for it.. I feel it's better to be prince in a high class condo(high floor mid sized) then a king in a mid class condo(penthouse) drool.gif drool.gif

I think Bukit Jalil has potential but I doubt the success of both Wct n Pavilion's malls.. as a matter of fact im willing to say pavi Damansara Heights won't be as profitable for the developer as he thinks it will be brows.gif time will tell

The rainz was a really good deal with good potential but the area is crowded.. if anymore rainz like deals coming up, u should grab.

Personally Bukit Jalil>Ara Damansara in the future..
ronaldoo
post Oct 28 2014, 01:12 AM

On my way
526 posts

Kota kemuning isnt too far. Freehold, kesas highway can link to many highways. Ecoworld,tropicana and ijm all invested here in future.

Middle to upper class
No toll to subang jaya
International school
Gated and guarded communities
Matured township
Golf clubs
Mnc companies
Babizz
post Oct 28 2014, 02:16 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(ronaldoo @ Oct 27 2014, 11:12 AM)
Kota kemuning isnt too far. Freehold, kesas highway can link to many highways.  Ecoworld,tropicana and ijm all invested here in future.

Middle to upper class
No toll to subang jaya
International school
Gated and guarded communities
Matured township
Golf clubs
Mnc companies
yes KK is good.. much better than Rimbayu, EcoSanc side cos they will have to drive thru KK to go Kesas or thru Putra Heights..

KK can still get terrace houses for 600k..
LTG
post Oct 28 2014, 02:26 AM

Regular
1,780 posts

try to rent each place and staying few month , you will know the decision, dont trust most of comments coz different unit but in same property can get different result smile.gif
TSSalience
post Oct 28 2014, 03:00 AM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

KK too farrrrrrrrr. confirm! Used to date a girl there for a couple of years many years back. Suffering! Even her family had to abort the place and come back to PJ.

Anyhoo, KK is not my area of choice; as mentioned, geographically not suitable for my family, wife family as well. Bottom line is no KK and no USJ.
I was even considering subang jaya, but with only Federal highway as a main access road, not too fond.

PJ is the best area for our families and social lives.
Only my work will be in KL and Putrajaya in the next 5 years but work is not forever, but family is.

I am not too fond of Ara Damansara, although those who bought in early made a killing. I saw Titijaya's H20 at a property fair, not too impressive considering it's in a roundabout, also, talk about pot purri, at 1kpsf , it's madness.

i'm much more inclined to MK Bayu; i have considered Riana Green as well or Sunway across the street but the access roads are still the same and it is worrying.

I was thinking KD Cascades a long time ago but the unit layout was horrible.
ronaldoo
post Oct 28 2014, 07:36 AM

On my way
526 posts

Since you know yourself very well. When u said u prefer pj, pj is damn big. Pju pjutara and pjs pjselatan(ldp), pj (federal highway). Try to zoom in. If u arent sure bout thentraffic, try to have breakfast early in the morning nearby and monitor. Feel it

kuroyume
post Oct 28 2014, 08:10 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

I have a studio unit in oasis currently tenanted by Japanese which I bought a few years ago got investment . It's too expensive now to get an unit there . What bout I residence ? The only drawback is the utility bills charged at commercial rate . How much difference for the bills ?

I always look around for condo in DPC , but too bad it's beyond my budget ... I can only see see see .
ronaldoo
post Oct 28 2014, 09:38 AM

On my way
526 posts

If u choose for long term stay, dont look for the brand name only. Look for overall facilities
corleone74
post Oct 28 2014, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 28 2014, 12:15 AM)
his one is bungaraya i think...forgot d.. shld be la.. i see the subsale 600k looks like a good deal.. if can yield 3.5% also ok laa.

Yeah i have heard the guru's saying that about penthouses but if u see in the long run how many penthouses selling for 30-40% less than normal units on a psf basis.. Did they buy the penthouses for lower psf price?? Im sure they paid a 'premium' for it.. I feel it's better to be prince in a high class condo(high floor mid sized) then a king in a mid class condo(penthouse)  drool.gif  drool.gif

I think Bukit Jalil has potential but I doubt the success of both Wct n Pavilion's malls.. as a matter of fact im willing to say pavi Damansara Heights won't be as profitable for the developer as he thinks it will be  brows.gif time will tell

The rainz was a really good deal with good potential but the area is crowded.. if anymore rainz like deals coming up, u should grab.

Personally Bukit Jalil>Ara Damansara in the future..
yahp should be bugnaraya then, very nice. i really like that condo. last year got a unit i view 650k (asking) 13xx sft unit. not bad.
penthouse is good for own stay. i think it's normal for big units to have lower psf, after all 3000 sft x 500psf is already 1.5M, quantum is high.
for those good deals with early bird super discounts, i think the market is very smart these days. unless got insider or a lot of time to monitor and queue up at showroom launching, no hope to secure one sad.gif
next time i check out B Jalil, thanks for the tips..
corleone74
post Oct 28 2014, 10:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Salience @ Oct 28 2014, 03:00 AM)
KK too farrrrrrrrr. confirm! Used to date a girl there for a couple of years many years back. Suffering! Even her family had to abort the place and come back to PJ.

Anyhoo, KK is not my area of choice; as mentioned, geographically not suitable for my family, wife family as well. Bottom line is no KK and no USJ.
I was even considering subang jaya, but with only Federal highway as a main access road, not too fond.

PJ is the best area for our families and social lives.
Only my work will be in KL and Putrajaya in the next 5 years but work is not forever, but family is.

I am not too fond of Ara Damansara, although those who bought in early made a killing. I saw Titijaya's H20 at a property fair, not too impressive considering it's in a roundabout, also, talk about pot purri, at 1kpsf , it's madness.

i'm much more inclined to MK Bayu; i have considered Riana Green as well or Sunway across the street but the access roads are still the same and it is worrying.

I was thinking KD Cascades a long time ago but the unit layout was horrible.
KD Cascades location wise it's next to highway and also next to a giant billboard. literally "GIANT" billboard. it's not cheap either , it's like almost 500k for a small studio?
other choice you may consider is Nadia condo in DPC.

Go for Bayu la. if you don't mind Bayu's history i think it is a good buy. the layout is nice and squarish, rooms are proper sized. just avoid those level of unfortunate event (hear is level 19 , level 14, 33? <-pls check it on the web), and not too high floors. IIRC the unit no # with larger number (#9, #10?) is better, turn right when come out of the lift. balcony should not face highway but face either the roundabout in front of aman/damai (SE) or SW facing MKIS (if any). many units are also nicely renovated with functional furniture and fittings and rental is also not bad in the event you need to return the unit back to rental market. facilities also not bad. freehold somemore, whereas riana green is leasehold. tunggu apa lagi!

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 28 2014, 11:00 AM
TSSalience
post Oct 28 2014, 01:52 PM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

i can't find any layout plans for bayu on the net. any leads?

I am very inclined to BAYU tbh and I do not care about the legacy.

cascades is alright if it faces the KD commercial area but yes, when the windows are open, highway noise is mad. the layout also wasn't too impressive, hence i gave that up.

i am now residing in DJ, PJ. I like the area but the condos here are crazy expensive.
Casa Damansara, Jasmin, etc are all at risk with KIDEX so its a no go for me.

Bandar Utama condos are not bad (even Bukit Utama 9 is still RM550 psf but faces KD electrical pylons) but too big and eventuality of price is that it will be high.

i am not looking for brand name. i am looking for a reputable developer. if not, i would have chosen damansara perdana exclusive a long time ago but after viewing and seeing rusty railing, poor workmanship; sorry, not for me tongue.gif

corleone74
post Oct 28 2014, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Salience @ Oct 28 2014, 01:52 PM)
i can't find any layout plans for bayu on the net. any leads?

I am very inclined to BAYU tbh and I do not care about the legacy.

cascades is alright if it faces the KD commercial area but yes, when the windows are open, highway noise is mad. the layout also wasn't too impressive, hence i gave that up.

i am now residing in DJ, PJ. I like the area but the condos here are crazy expensive.
Casa Damansara, Jasmin, etc are all at risk with KIDEX so its a no go for me.

Bandar Utama condos are not bad (even Bukit Utama 9 is still RM550 psf but faces KD electrical pylons) but too big and eventuality of price is that it will be high.

i am not looking for brand name. i am looking for a reputable developer. if not, i would have chosen damansara perdana exclusive a long time ago but after viewing and seeing rusty railing, poor workmanship; sorry, not for me tongue.gif
you can try to look through bayu listing on iprop or propwall and check the photos, maybe there'['re some pic of layout there.
but i can tell you, your target of 650k should be 2 bed 1048 sft or so. the layout is square. once you enter the door is the dining, then the living and balcony, then two rooms side by side on one side of the hall. kitchen is next (actually, behind) to dining. there is a kind of pantry opening where you can deliver food from the kitchen into the dining area without having to walk out of the kitchen. unit should have internal hot water piping, i believe master room got bathtub, both room has their own bathroom. when you take the lift and exit lift, you will have two wing, about 4-6 units each wing. to the left is the wing that is closer and face highway. to the right are those facing inside either to MKIS, astana or aman/damai roundabout. those are the nicer facing units.

BU9 it's next to HTC. but good value for money i guess if you want a large size units at good psf. if you are the sort who look at workmanship, i would say there are niggling things i saw at BU9, like a lot of messy cement / masonry works on the outside facade (you can only see it when looking out the window of the units). also the corridor along each floor has a slightly dim feel with lots of views of pillars and such. i would expect better layout and design for that kind of pricing 1.5m , right. besides, for a budget of 1.5-1.8M i still would go for MK, as MK Damai has a far more luxurious feeling than BU9 and has 200+ units only on 8 acres, very low density, with unit size of 2200-2600sft.

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 28 2014, 05:19 PM
BigMan123
post Oct 28 2014, 10:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 28 2014, 05:12 PM)
you can try to look through bayu listing on iprop or propwall and check the photos, maybe there'['re some pic of layout there.
but i can tell you, your target of 650k should be 2 bed 1048 sft or so. the layout is square. once you enter the door is the dining, then the living and balcony, then two rooms side by side on one side of the hall. kitchen is next (actually, behind) to dining. there is a kind of pantry opening where you can deliver food from the kitchen into the dining area without having to walk out of the kitchen. unit should have internal hot water piping, i believe master room got bathtub, both room has their own bathroom. when you take the lift and exit lift, you will have two wing, about 4-6 units each wing. to the left is the wing that is closer and face highway. to the right are those facing inside either to MKIS, astana or aman/damai roundabout. those are the nicer facing units.
BU9 it's next to HTC. but good value for money i guess if you want a large size units at good psf. if you are the sort who look at workmanship, i would say there are niggling things i saw at BU9, like a lot of messy cement / masonry works on the outside facade (you can only see it when looking out the window of the units). also the corridor along each floor has a slightly dim feel with lots of views of pillars and such. i would expect better layout and design for that kind of pricing 1.5m , right. besides, for a budget of 1.5-1.8M i still would go for MK, as MK Damai has a far more luxurious feeling than BU9 and has 200+ units only on 8 acres, very low density, with unit size of 2200-2600sft.
BU9 - for those units facing kota damansara ie the TNB electrical lines, developer is giving up to RM50k discount. They have 2 pools and quite decent facilities, not to mention you can also go next door ie Bukit Utama Club if you want more facilities. The shops are bukit utama club are also coming up fast.

Inside, the non squarish design is a big no no for me. Plus i dont like the windows in the master bedroom...you can literally open them and there is this half length grill. Looks dangerous to me.

No private lobby, and can be dim as mentioned.

Also, some of the units have green molds formed at the balcony area. Go to the balcony of the unit you are shown and stare at other units. Probably need a coat of fresh paint.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:12 PM