Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Considering a property; please share thoughts! :), Mont Kiara vs Kota Damansara Props

views

R o Y
post Oct 25 2014, 11:33 PM

Enthusiast
930 posts

For the MK condos you mentioned, standard is 1carpark for all units. If 2carpark, difficult to find, and even if you can find, will be selling at premium.
Babizz
post Oct 25 2014, 11:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

u should look at Bukit Jalil condos... close to Putrajaya thru MEX..
TSSalience
post Oct 26 2014, 04:06 AM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

i won't be in putrajaya for the rest of my career.

Although in the next 5 years, it would probably be around putrajaya, my family will be around PJ and I would like to stay close to them.

Casa tropicana is really nice; the layout suits me fine but am worried with tropicana avenue just across the street, the traffic will be a killer. and again, exit points from tropicana is a real draw back. sad.gif
BigMan123
post Oct 26 2014, 09:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(Salience @ Oct 26 2014, 04:06 AM)

Although in the next 5 years, it would probably be around putrajaya, my family will be around PJ and I would like to stay close to them.

Casa tropicana is really nice; the layout suits me fine but am worried with tropicana avenue just across the street, the traffic will be a killer. and again, exit points from tropicana is a real draw back. sad.gif
Tropicana road can be a half an hour jam in the morning just to get out, that is before completion of tropicana avenue and plenty of other condos in ara which will have to use same exit
TSSalience
post Oct 26 2014, 10:44 AM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

my point exactly! it's crazy.

that's my only worry.
i live in Damansara currently and the access to sprint/ldp/mex/federal is pretty fast (although need to pay toll).

connectivity is very important.
all signs point ot MK?
ronaldoo
post Oct 27 2014, 12:50 AM

On my way
526 posts

Should look into kota kemuning
HELLO HELLO
post Oct 27 2014, 07:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,436 posts

if like that. bukit jalil should be better choice.
it locate at the middle of all the places you describe.
ivanpei
post Oct 27 2014, 09:17 AM

On my way
638 posts

I think thread starter is like 90% of yuppies I know. Buy property need to consider suburb "branding". Despite Bukit Jalil's strategic location and huge potential, they still prefer the traditional upper middle class locations like Damansara, PJ or Mont Kiara.

TS not investor like us lar, looks like he wants to purchase mature locations at peak prices. Investors look at areas with future potential. Lol. I know a lot of these yuppies "kua be ki" or look down on non brand name areas. We will check back lar in 5 years haha. See how BJ will grow in that time.

This post has been edited by ivanpei: Oct 27 2014, 09:20 AM
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

casa tropicana - the golf course facing high floor units have great view. but do check out the crowd at the joints below around midnight on weekends before deciding if you really like to own a unit there.

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 27 2014, 09:20 AM
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(ivanpei @ Oct 27 2014, 09:17 AM)
I think thread starter is like 90% of yuppies I know. Buy property need to consider suburb "branding". Despite Bukit Jalil's strategic location and huge potential, they still prefer the traditional upper middle class locations like Damansara, PJ or Mont Kiara.

TS not investor like us lar, looks like he wants to purchase mature locations at peak prices. Investors look at areas with future potential. Lol. I know a lot of these yuppies "kua be ki" or look down on non brand name areas. We will check back lar in 5 years haha. See how BJ will grow in that time.
some of the mature location older condo present good value compared to new launches at developing enclaves.
example:
MK Bayu 2 bedder 1048 sft - 650k. 620RM psf, Freehold
ara damansara SHC project 700 sft, 650k. 928 RM psf, leasehold.
icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by corleone74: Oct 27 2014, 09:34 AM
kuroyume
post Oct 27 2014, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

I have exactly the same problem like u facing . Looking for a Home with similar budget and in similar area . I been looking for one year . And I am still hunting sad.gif
Babizz
post Oct 27 2014, 09:47 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 26 2014, 07:33 PM)
some of the mature location older condo present good value compared to new launches at developing enclaves.
example:
icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
Yes.. I think Ara damansara condos are very overpriced... MK will always be a spot that'll be easy to rent out.. I don't think the jams in the Ara/Tropicana stretch will get much better when the LRT is ready as thousands of new condos will be flooding Ara damansara..

I think Ara damansara is fully priced in and has little cap growth brows.gif
TSSalience
post Oct 27 2014, 02:14 PM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

ivanpei; you clearly can't contribute to this thread.

for the rest:

yes, I really like casa tropicana's layout plan and close proximity to amenities. however, I was told that it could take a bout 30 minutes every morning just to exit the area and that is sort of a deal breaker for me.

tropicana avenue that's building across will further congest the area.

kota kemuning is too far. my relatives moved from opposite my house to kota kemuning but came back to damansara after just a year as it would take them a long time to reach work or to keep in touch with friends and other relatives. the alternative for kota kemuning i was thinking of is also setia alam; but right now, it's single road exit towards kl and continuous development into precint 11 and beyond is madness.

ara damansara; i used to take a keen interest in ara hills. it is the best low density, resort style living environment. and i have been there many times but the price went up too high to i think about RM900 psf which i'd rather buy a single story house. there used to be some in section 4 of kota damansara but no more in the market as i was still in deliberation then.

oh and by the way; if this helps in consideration:
i will select either SK damansara jaya, SK damansara utama, SK TTDI as key schools for my children as these are top tier schools. living close to these schools may play a role as well.

i also already own a house in damansara jaya but it is too big for couple to live in, so in the meantime, i am renting it out. I have no plans to move in.

This post has been edited by Salience: Oct 27 2014, 02:16 PM
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Oct 27 2014, 09:47 AM)
Yes.. I think Ara damansara condos are very overpriced... MK will always be a spot that'll be easy to rent out.. I don't think the jams in the Ara/Tropicana stretch will get much better when the LRT is ready as thousands of new condos will be flooding Ara damansara.. 

I think Ara damansara is fully priced in and has little cap growth  brows.gif
so i'm not the only one who think ara D is too expensive brows.gif brows.gif
TSSalience
post Oct 27 2014, 03:28 PM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

it's probably the "newest" area in PJ that's FH.

icez
post Oct 27 2014, 03:54 PM

The Icezman Gone Cold
1,053 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:33 AM)
example:
icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
You're right about MK's attractive price per sf but you will have to take up older condo's. That said, older condo's in MK tend to be quite well maintained and looks pretty decent.
kochin
post Oct 27 2014, 04:27 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

buy an old condo lah.
eg jasmine tower, kiara views, d'aman ria, etc.

satriaguy
post Oct 27 2014, 09:26 PM

Casual
300 posts

i have survey quite few condo at tropicana area, but end up bought a unit at Riana Green, this condo althought old but very well maintained, and it really resort style feelings, i don't like Casa tropicana, it is very noisy at entrance especially on the weekend
torkl
post Oct 27 2014, 10:05 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(ivanpei @ Oct 27 2014, 09:17 AM)

BJ not expensive meh? MK is cheap compared to BJ. MK also nicer feel.
corleone74
post Oct 27 2014, 10:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,665 posts

QUOTE(satriaguy @ Oct 27 2014, 09:26 PM)
i have survey quite few condo at tropicana area, but end up bought a unit at Riana Green, this condo althought old but very well maintained, and it really resort style feelings, i don't like Casa tropicana, it is very noisy at entrance especially on the weekend
ya, between the two i would also choose riana green.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0319sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:41 PM