http://purplemonkey.com.my/
3,600 posts

fazlitaufek, respect man

Looks like a cool place for holiday and party with a bunch of mates
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 5 2008, 09:07 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(fazlitaufek @ Jan 5 2008, 08:30 PM)
yeah forgot his name though. My friend grabbed Sarah's neck.... i think they are all brits, maybe related?

Added on January 5, 2008, 8:33 pm
April...during Songkran will be the best. cause its hardly rains meaning that more naked babes people on the beach...

i went during May and December and...May was packed!

it is a nice place to party and stick ur hedonistic mode on 5th gear...bare it all.... and please dont bring ur GF or wives...u r here to get laid with a stranger.

Added on January 5, 2008, 8:36 pmmorning madness

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

chicken corner

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

bro fazli!
wats the backyard ' psychedelic baby ' thingy man?! the 1 in ur 2nd pic (the chicken corner pic)
sounds interesting!!

btw, when is the Songkran fest on april?
isit gona be the same time as that months full moon party (Apr 20th 2008)?
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 6 2008, 01:53 AM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(fazlitaufek @ Jan 5 2008, 09:11 PM)
haha...this pic was in May 2004.... the green restaurant at chicken corner, was it the green curry restaurant u mentioned about?

songkran...dunno dude....check the net. my bet is it is always in april. it is kinda like Thai's new year...
yup. i think thats the 1. stil remember the 1st time we had our tom yam there. we asked for extra spicy. awesome! but the 2nd n 3rd time not that great dy..

jus googled it. it seems the songkran fest happens every year on april 13, n it normally last 3 days. so, meaning the songkran fest and full moon party (april 20th 2008) doesnt overlap

@flameboy.
yo man, is that u that was pm me?

lets see, we took night bus from KL Pudu bus station to Haadyai. we left bout 1145 pm, n reached there approx 815 - 830 am i think.forgot dy. once we reach, we looked for travel agent that offer bus services to koh phangan (ferry fair included). forgot bout how much each person. 550 bath mb. forgot dy oso. lolz. boarded the bus late mornin, bout 11 plus i think. it took us all the way to Donsak Jetty. got screwed when we reached there, cuz they said ferry broke down or some shit. so...less ferry up n runnin that time. waited til 730 pm. the ferry ride from the jetty to koh phanagn was bout 1 hour 45 mins i think. couldnt remember..

we opted the cheaper way for goin to koh phangan as u can c. haha... n we traveled bout 24 hours.. haha.

for our trip back home, we took ferry from koh phangan to koh samui. took a cab to the airport, n took fireflyz back to penang n then boarded a bus back to KL. there is actually flight from koh samui to subang airport, i think, as we saw it on the info screen at the airport. the travel agency din tell us that.
flameboy3
post Jan 6 2008, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Thanks for the info bro...maybe im going with fireflyz...cant wait to go there la bro...any hotel to recommend?thinking haad rin area..
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 6 2008, 06:54 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 6 2008, 04:44 PM)
Thanks for the info bro...maybe im going with fireflyz...cant wait to go there la bro...any hotel to recommend?thinking haad rin area..
for the 1st and second night. we stay kinda faraway from Haadrin. i think its Great Bay Phangan Resort at Baan Thai beach..afraid that theres aint gona be any place to stay at Haadrin, we booked this place for 2 nights thru a tout when we were waiting for the ferry at Donsak Jetty. we payed 4000 bath for those 2 nights. it was a nice place to stay actually, quiet.. the beach is nice. but, since its 10 mins away from haadrin (the center of all the happenin stuff) by 'taxi'.

the 1st night itself, we hired a taxi n went to Haadrin to look for a place to stay somewhere in Haadrin. well, true enuf, we got ourself a 6 nights package at Fairyland Resort at Sunrise beach for 27000 bath. this place was great, too. its 2 to 3 mins walk away from the full moon party.

h.ttp://www.haadrinfairyland.com/about.html

depends on ur budget man. around Haadrin, theres expensive 1s, n also cheaper guest house. if possible, try lookin it up on the net 1st.

16 JANUARY to 30 APRIL 2008 is considered high season, tho.

This post has been edited by cradle0fFilth: Jan 6 2008, 07:01 PM
flameboy3
post Jan 6 2008, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

ok bro...will check on the net..
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 7 2008, 08:21 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 6 2008, 11:52 PM)
ok bro...will check on the net..
try tommy resort, palita lodge, fairyland resort, sunrise resort, haad rin resort...if u wana get as close to the party.
these resorts r at the sunrise beach (full moon party beach)

http://www.phangan.info/index.cfm?action=b...each&idbeach=14

the webby above, shows u clearly where is it situated..

actually, any resorts/bungalows/guest house at Haadrin is jus walking distance. like i said, its jus depends how much ur budget, seaview, quiet-ness (i mean some ppl tend to stay further as it gets reli loud during full moon party)

hope these helps, mate...

btw, i brought back the info guide / detail maps of koh phangan. so, if u found any place that u like to stay, but cant contact them via the net or phone ( if u look thru the sites, most of the resorts/bungalows/guest houses have no numbers stated), jus let me noe. i would be glad to post it here.

cheers.
flameboy3
post Jan 7 2008, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Thanks again bro...
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 8 2008, 12:50 AM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 7 2008, 09:11 PM)
Thanks again bro...
np.
glad to help.
flameboy3
post Jan 8 2008, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

So bro..when is your next trip?
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 8 2008, 08:32 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 8 2008, 01:39 AM)
So bro..when is your next trip?
haha.. very good question
to be honest.. i would wana go there tumoro. but as reality bites (budget wise, as a working man, bla bla bla), so..nah.. lolz.

m reli not sure, theres gona be rainforest musical fest on july. definitely goin for it.
n my cousin is inviting me over for the tuska metal fest at finland during mid june. so, m planin to save money now for this 2..

year end (again!), mb?

how bout ur trip bro? how many of u guys?
where u guys from?
plan to stay there for how long?
flameboy3
post Jan 8 2008, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Will all the pic and field reports from you guys...i wanna go tmmrw also la...heheh~

Rainforest music festival is da bomb man...been to that festival 2 yrs ago..really miss it..

But the tuska metal fest...hmm never heard bout it..

Im going the with my frnz..around 6 or more...the more the merrier rite..hehe..

Were from ampang,KL of course.

Bcoz this is our first time..thinking to stay around 6 to 7 days...depends on budgets also la bro..

cradle0fFilth
post Jan 8 2008, 09:11 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:06 PM)
Will all the pic and field reports from you guys...i wanna go tmmrw also la...heheh~

Rainforest music festival is da bomb man...been to that festival 2 yrs ago..really miss it..

But the tuska metal fest...hmm never heard bout it..

Im going the with my frnz..around 6 or more...the more the merrier rite..hehe..

Were from ampang,KL of course.

Bcoz this is our first time..thinking to stay around 6 to 7 days...depends on budgets also la bro..
ur still students or working men/women?

go! go stay longer. haha. u wont regret it.

u don have to stay there for all 7 days i mean. theres koh tao (for diving) or koh samui (night life) near by. din go koh tao.so unsure..
flameboy3
post Jan 8 2008, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Working men of course....

Will do that bro...hahaha...

so hows koh samui..is it nice place to party also?
cradle0fFilth
post Jan 9 2008, 01:03 AM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:49 PM)
Working men of course....

Will do that bro...hahaha...

so hows koh samui..is it nice place to party also?
it was not bad. kinda cool as lots of place to eat n drink.came accross this bar called 'the jimi hendrix bar'. awesome music.love it.

-IMO, its more commercialize
-but the beach (were at cheweng beach for a night only) r not as the beach at sunrise beach, haadrin.
-more family kinda tourist (can see very little old folks at koh phangan)
-the night life (u noe wat i mean..)

u ll definitely miss koh phangan.

the thing is, we were there only for 1 night. so, din reli check it out thoroughly. next trip, would go to the other famous beach (i think), lamai beach or somethin (unsure the name)..

oh ya, at koh samui, don miss those restaurant wt a roast pig at the front of their entrance. we tried 1 of it. freakin lovely.

flameboy3
post Jan 9 2008, 07:38 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

Still didnt make up our mind..either go by flight or bus..But for sure will go to koh samui...coz its around the corner..better go...if not rugi la..

So in koh phangan is there any nice restaurant...roast pig is a big ''no-no'' to me..due to religious thinggy..(A muslim of course)..but alcohol stuff dont mind la...hahaha~

Bro...beside rave party,watch dvd,sunbathing and looking for a 1 nite stand hehehe~ what else can i do@there?...ie any new things to do or try...special foods or special drinks ke...
kenny B
post Jan 9 2008, 04:06 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(flameboy3 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:38 AM)
Still didnt make up our mind..either go by flight or bus..But for sure will go to koh samui...coz its around the corner..better go...if not rugi la..

So in koh phangan is there any nice restaurant...roast pig is a big ''no-no'' to me..due to religious thinggy..(A muslim of course)..but alcohol stuff dont mind la...hahaha~

Bro...beside rave party,watch dvd,sunbathing and looking for a 1 nite stand hehehe~ what else can i do@there?...ie any new things to do or try...special foods or special drinks ke...
errr...? you're already breaking them anyway brows.gif
flameboy3
post Jan 9 2008, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

True..but,only alcohol bro...but not pork la...hahah~
kopitiam
post Jan 9 2008, 07:57 PM

cookie monster
4,477 posts

damn, a must go destination. better save up for this trip. who wanna go together? lyn member's vacation thumbup.gif

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM