Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

QHC Medical Center, Check up and Delivery :help:

views

TSthongkh
post Oct 23 2014, 10:42 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
138 posts

Hi,

icon_question.gif My wife now 6th week, we are looking for Doctor and Hospital/Maternity Center for check up and labour.
we stay at Ara Damansara, any recommandation?

icon_question.gif besides that, I notice QHC Medical Center provide Antenatal Check Up and Delivery Package. and there is 3 doctor to choose from.
can someone advice me about QHC Medical Center and Dr Ng Ah See?

thanks and best regards. notworthy.gif
KidsCode
post Oct 24 2014, 10:39 AM

-----NoLimits!-----
Group Icon
Elite
6,649 posts

@thongkh,

My wife had all the check-up after found out pregnant and also deliver our son there. We choose there is due to Dr Ng, to us he is really a good doctor that will answer any question and joke around to calm you down.

The nurse over that knows what they are doing after my wife have deliver and the normal checkup. The other thing is also the price, is reasonable as we choose the package with checkup and the delivery charges.

Edit: Something to add on, when we were doing check-up there was only 1 gynae available, Dr Ng, but when going to deliver, there is a new doctor who join, Dr Tahar. He is friendly and informative too, as he was in the room to assist on the delivery and did our post checkup.

This post has been edited by KidsCode: Oct 24 2014, 11:05 AM
TSthongkh
post Oct 24 2014, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
138 posts

Thanks KidsCode,

Agree with you, package there really reasonable.
I guess will go for doctor Ng as you recommended.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, if I choose normal delivery package but at the end have to go for operation, how would they charge me?
KidsCode
post Oct 24 2014, 01:58 PM

-----NoLimits!-----
Group Icon
Elite
6,649 posts

You just need to top up the package if you need to change the delivery. Also the payment is flexi in the sense that, you can start paying slowly bit by bit for each checkup visit, that is how I did it, at the end of the day, just minus the full package price from the advance payment.

Ask Dr Ng on the package and he will able to explain more.

This post has been edited by KidsCode: Oct 28 2014, 01:30 PM
TSthongkh
post Oct 25 2014, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
138 posts

Thanks KidsCode,

Thanks for the advice and info.
TSthongkh
post Nov 4 2014, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Dear @teamjoker,

thanks for the feedback.

now QHC O&G have 3 doctors, and they are,
Datuk Dr N.Subramaniam
Dr Ng Ah See
Dr MD Taha Mahfoz

since everyone here recommended Dr Ng, I'll go for Dr Ng then biggrin.gif
going to make appointment tomorrow for check up thumbup.gif

thank you very much notworthy.gif
audreyreiko
post Dec 12 2014, 10:46 AM

Casual
446 posts

Hope your consultation went well smile.gif

Dr. Subra and Dr. Ng these two are the founder of QHC Medical center. I think Dr. Subra does less consultation nowadays, it's mostly Dr. Ng and Dr. Taha.
vickylim81
post Dec 15 2014, 05:51 PM

11 posts

i delivered mine with Dr Ng under QHC. I took natural delivery+antenatal chk up+detail scans and sorts package but ended up with emergency c sec sad.gif ..all in all include all chk up and vits only RM7.6k back in 2013 biggrin.gif . Dr Ng is really good...he is the one that push me into OT and bring me back to the wards after ops. He is one experience and patient dr biggrin.gif well recommended!

This post has been edited by vickylim81: Dec 15 2014, 05:52 PM
TSthongkh
post Dec 17 2014, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Thanks all for the feedback, already started checkup with Dr. Ng, and done the 1st details scan. So far have not decided on which package to sign yet. Dr. Ng told us no rush, can decided any time, cos price still the same.
Everything so far so good.
audreyreiko
post Jan 13 2015, 10:05 AM

Casual
446 posts

yup, no rush here. And once we decided on getting the package, we are allowed to pay any amount we want in our own time, like 200 here, 500 there. Like installment but no fix amount every month, doc will ask how much u can pay then pay for now. As long as before the delivery we settle it.
TSthongkh
post Jan 14 2015, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

QUOTE(audreyreiko @ Jan 13 2015, 10:05 AM)
yup, no rush here. And once we decided on getting the package, we are allowed to pay any amount we want in our own time, like 200 here, 500 there. Like installment but no fix amount every month, doc will ask how much u can pay then pay for now. As long as before the delivery we settle it.
thanks for the info thumbup.gif
as you suggest, taking my sweet times to decide on the package tongue.gif
lovelyhelp
post Feb 12 2015, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

I have my checkup and delivery under Dr. Ng last year Oct. Nurses there are friendly and nice too except one old aunty sad.gif Price is very reasonable if you compare with those big and class hospital. The environment there also not bad, consider clean and service is good.

Dr. Ng is experience and good doc, but he can't spend much time on you during checkup and when he explained thing, he is very fast.
I dislike him during my first few checkup becuase I find him too busy but I still continue my checkup there becuase I find it is convenient. But after my labor I really thanks him to be around. when in labour room, i find him really experience and very civilisation in his area. I will go there again for my 2nd pregnancy.

I dun have a good impression on Dr. Taha. During my delivery time, Dr. taha is on duty. He came in to the labor room without checking on me and told the nurse he have to go for prayer since that day is friday. I find this is not appropriate. No matter how, you should be there for your patience. Thanks God, because Taha went for prayer, so the end Dr. ng help me in my labour.

I will say please request for Dr. Ng during your labour.
TSthongkh
post Feb 14 2015, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

QUOTE(lovelyhelp @ Feb 12 2015, 08:45 AM)
I have my checkup and delivery under Dr. Ng last year Oct. Nurses there are friendly and nice too except one old aunty sad.gif Price is very reasonable if you compare with those big and class hospital. The environment there also not bad, consider clean and service is good.

Dr. Ng is experience and good doc, but he can't spend much time on you during checkup and when he explained thing, he is very fast.
I dislike him during my first few checkup becuase I find him too busy but I still continue my checkup there becuase I find it is convenient. But after my labor I really thanks him to be around. when in labour room, i find him really experience and very civilisation in his area. I will go there again for my 2nd pregnancy.

I dun have a good impression on Dr. Taha. During my delivery time, Dr. taha is on duty. He came in to the labor room without checking on me and told the nurse he have to go for prayer since that day is friday. I find this is not appropriate. No matter how, you should be there for your patience. Thanks God, because Taha went for prayer, so the end Dr. ng help me in my labour.

thanks @lovelyhelp for the feedback thumbup.gif

yes, agree that Dr. Ng dont spend much time explaining and he speak very fast, cant catchup what he saying rclxub.gif
but overall he seem a good doctor, and he wont push you on extra test.

now, our checkup with Dr. Ng is so far so good... hope everything goes fine until delivery thumbup.gif

btw, still have not sign the package yet tongue.gif
g r a p e k e y
post Jan 12 2019, 08:00 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(thongkh @ Feb 14 2015, 01:45 PM)
thanks @lovelyhelp for the feedback  thumbup.gif

yes, agree that Dr. Ng dont spend much time explaining and he speak very fast, cant catchup what he saying  rclxub.gif
but overall he seem a good doctor, and he wont push you on extra test.

now, our checkup with Dr. Ng is so far so good... hope everything goes fine until delivery  thumbup.gif

btw, still have not sign the package yet  tongue.gif
Hi, I know it's been a few years. How was your experience with Dr Ng? Was he patient on normal delivery or rush to do c sec? Because I heard many doctors impatient and then will rush patient to do c sec

Thanks

g r a p e k e y
post Jan 12 2019, 08:03 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(lovelyhelp @ Feb 12 2015, 08:45 AM)

So you have second child yet? Did you went back to Dr Ng?

How long does a normal delivery inside OT takes? Because if too long, most doctor will op for c sec
g r a p e k e y
post Jan 12 2019, 08:07 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(vickylim81 @ Dec 15 2014, 05:51 PM)
i delivered mine with Dr Ng under QHC. I took natural delivery+antenatal chk up+detail scans and sorts package but ended up with emergency c sec sad.gif ..all in all include all chk up and vits only RM7.6k back in 2013 biggrin.gif . Dr Ng is really good...he is the one that push me into OT and bring me back to the wards after ops. He is one experience and patient dr biggrin.gif well recommended!
I know it's been a few years. Just for my knowledge, how come in the end ended up c sec? I thought during OT, doctor and nurses can adjust baby to normal position for normal delivery?

Unless baby really from off from normal delivery then noted can't.
g r a p e k e y
post Jan 12 2019, 08:08 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Oct 27 2014, 01:33 PM)
We had Dr Ng too. But in my opinion Dr Tahar is mainly on caesarean surgery. He is always on standby for surgery. Dr Ng is a very good doctor.
Its been few years hello there

In what sense you said he is good?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:02 PM