Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Home Theatre Need help on reusing Pioneer HT Speakers., Main unit is unavailable.

views

VagueConcerns
post Oct 20 2014, 12:20 AM

Enthusiast
884 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 19 2014, 11:08 PM)
Hi, this appears to be just for 2.0 stereo sound & not 5.1 surround. I can't see how buying 3 units of "Black Lepai LP-2020A+ Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Car Amplifier 20W x 2+ Adaptor" will give me the surround sound.
I think the idea was to hook up all 6 channels to each. So front goes to one amp, the rear goes to another, and then the sub and centre goes into the third. Or you know any other configuration, like left front and rear goes to one amp, right front rear to another, then the centre and sub goes to the last one. You can change the volume on each amp so you can sort of "equalize" the surround setup a bit.

There are 2-way speakers that has terminal connections to allow bi-amping; allowing separate amps for each driver. Works great because not only you can control the sub's volume relative to the woofer, having a separate amp powering the sub improves sound quality for both.
VagueConcerns
post Oct 20 2014, 12:37 AM

Enthusiast
884 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 20 2014, 12:30 AM)
Hmmm... I now see what u both mean & will take that into consideration, does seem a bit messy though, splitting one HDMI output into 3 separate RCA Inputs. Sound degradation?
That I don't know. Depends on the source, some has RCA or other outputs for each channel and all it needs is to connect it to an amp with the right amount of channel or you know, multiple amps.

As for splitting the HDMI to 3 separate RCA outputs, you either ask someone with more experience with HT setups, or just buy them if they're comfortably fit your budget. If you don't like them those Lepai amps actually sell pretty easy. biggrin.gif Heck I was looking for one before settling for a more expensive option.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:12 AM