> [GUIDE] Personal warranty guideline in LYN Trading

wKkaY
post Sep 9 2006, 04:43 AM, updated 18y ago

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

Guideline on Personal Warranty (PW)

Please be reminded that this is only a guideline, and does not need to be followed exactly***. Personal warranty is an option and a seller can choose to provide it, while a buyer can choose to not buy from a seller not providing it.

PW period: The PW time is set by the seller. A usual warranty period is 1 week. The seller can provide a longer warranty period, and should state it.

Limitations: The PW does not cover any physically abused items by the buyer within the period.

Claiming after initial checking: Assume the buyer has encountered a problem with the item even if it was checked in the seller's place (in the case of COD). If it is still within the PW period, the buyer reserves the right to request a FULL refund. There should not be partial refund of the value paid by giving excuses like "transportation costs".

Alternatives to refund: If the seller rejects to a refund and insists on sending to RMA, he can do so with the agreement of the buyer. The RMA number or any document that proves the item was RMA'ed should be given to the buyer immediately. The seller absorbs any RMA charges.

Shipping damage: Items shipped are prone to damage. Unless stated explicitly, this is covered in the seller's personal warranty as well. If an item received is DOA or the package damaged to the extent that thel item itself is affected, the buyer still has the right to demand a FULL refund. The seller is liable to pack the item in a proper container before shipping.

Contributors: lonewolf & others

Ongoing discussion on PW
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...iew=getlastpost

This post has been edited by badawi_rocks: Oct 10 2006, 07:04 PM
kyzson69
post Aug 9 2009, 02:33 AM

Psychiatric Patient
939 posts

Nice, guidelines thank for sharing...
enemyofgod
post Dec 17 2009, 07:29 AM

Blu-Ray™ Geek
1,431 posts

I guess this guide should be useful, but shamefully, this has not been followed by our fellow forumers and this is something has to change from now on..
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Feb 6 2010, 05:23 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(enemyofgod @ Dec 17 2009, 07:29 AM)
I guess this guide should be useful, but shamefully, this has not been followed by our fellow forumers and this is something has to change from now on..
Agree with eog, despite documented, its always been a culture in KL not to obey the instructions and this is one of the best example.
Ignorance of guideline.. vmad.gif

This post has been edited by sKyWiR3pT3lTd: Nov 19 2010, 12:15 PM
AbgKam
post Sep 24 2011, 07:13 AM

45 posts

hey, do the warranty (not personal warranty) can be claimt in malaysia if we buy product from outside countries?
billytattertons
post Oct 16 2011, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

agreed with the shipping damage. must state clearly to avoid dispute.
thanks for the guideline btw.
Pasar Malam Marketing
post Jun 19 2013, 11:29 PM

6 posts

thx for sharing
wbv401
post Jun 13 2014, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Me too... smile.gif
abubin
post Mar 11 2016, 03:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

just had a nego with something I am interested in buying. Seller claim 1 month personal warranty but no refund. The personal warranty means item 100% working.

I cannot brain it. If 100% working then I don't need refund. If cannot get 100% working then how?

There are a lot of selling who give out personal warranty for "fun". No real intention of actually providing warranty. What can we do with this kind of seller? I have read a lot of stories where buyers already paid for the item and seller refuse to refund and issue not resolve as item faulty.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 PM