views

ahcab
post Aug 13 2018, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ahcab @ Jul 27 2018, 11:00 AM)
Hello,
new problem with air cond.

air cond suddenly off with no air flow after ON for few minutes.
need to turn off and on the switches to on the aircond again, few minutes later
off automatically again.

yesterday i try to switch the air ventilation toggle(outside air coming in) the air from outside was very cold (weather outside super hot). aircond was currently switched ON but no air flowing until i switch the ventilation toggle.

so any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Updated,

check the blower, direct connect to battery results good.
check the aircond switch, got burnt on the inside. Changed new & problem solved.

The_FQ400
post Aug 19 2018, 11:06 PM

5 posts

hey guys, anyone had a Wira 1.6XLi that always goes into safe mode? mine always gets into safe mode during daytime and then reset it after a restart it will be back around 10 mins.. night time is rare but happens..

edit: not check engine light or anything.. just automatically downshifts to gear 3 and stays there...

This post has been edited by The_FQ400: Aug 19 2018, 11:07 PM
wira_laju
post Aug 20 2018, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

After 14yr owning wira,this is time to change car.sad,this a best car from proton.easy&cheap to repair..non breakdown..past to my brother..
sheknow9
post Aug 25 2018, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(Voorhees @ Aug 20 2018, 01:23 AM)
Just throw in a 4g93dohc manual, trust me you won't regret. Halfcut motors are mostly still running fine as long as you do an overhaul. Also believe me or not, the 1.8l is actually much more fuel efficient than the 4g1x, it's the design man..
Tq for your respond.
End up i just stay with my 1.3 a/b
Just maintaining service and care
ericong77
post Aug 29 2018, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(wira_laju @ Aug 20 2018, 05:50 PM)
After 14yr owning wira,this is time to change car.sad,this a best car from proton.easy&cheap to repair..non breakdown..past to my brother..
Sold my wira also after using for 14 years.
wonglokat
post Aug 30 2018, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

15 years and going strong except for some cacat-ness due to rattling at idle (prolly pulleys) and when going past speed bumps (absorber mounting?)
mydavidng
post Sep 3 2018, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Jul 23 2018, 12:29 PM)
timing can be adjusted at the distributor...

try look for sid tan at rampage motorsport (or ask workshop around your place)
Hi Pomen GTR.

Took your advice and reset the ignition timing from 11 to 8 degrees. My regular mechanic said 8 degrees is the stock setting. Timing was checked the old fashion way using the strobe light but check still comes when rpm hits around 2500rpm on light acceleration.

My very experienced mechanic from the very start of this problem diagnose that cause is wear to the conrod bearing but i am doubtful as light comes on light acceleration. If i had hantam the car hard and light comes on then i can agree with him.

Apart from that i have to top up about 250ml of engine oil every 10 days.

Whats your advice sifu as i dont have the budget to to an overhaul.

Tx. David Ng.

This post has been edited by mydavidng: Sep 3 2018, 01:30 PM
^pomen_GTR^
post Sep 4 2018, 05:30 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(mydavidng @ Sep 3 2018, 01:28 PM)
Hi Pomen GTR.

Took your advice and reset the ignition timing from 11 to 8 degrees. My regular mechanic said 8 degrees is the stock setting. Timing was checked the old fashion way using the strobe light but check still comes when rpm hits around 2500rpm on light acceleration.

My very experienced mechanic from the very start of this problem diagnose that cause is wear to the conrod bearing but i am doubtful as light comes on light acceleration. If i had hantam the car hard and light comes on then i can agree with him.

Apart from that i have to top up about 250ml of engine oil every 10 days.

Whats your advice sifu as i dont have the budget to to an overhaul.

Tx. David Ng.
thats quite alot of oil to topup...

probably valve seal worn out and or piston ring....

and maybe carbon deposits inside combustion chamber also...

need to solve that missing issue first...

-probably top overhaul to changel valve seal, piston ring and check every parts clearance should be sufficient...

or ask the workshop to check what causing the oil missing...valve seal or other part leaking...

**on the other note.. try look for workshop that have obd1 scanner and see whats the problem... could be transmission issue instead of engine issue... (like speed sensor or valve body solenoid related)
mydavidng
post Sep 4 2018, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Sep 4 2018, 05:30 PM)
thats quite alot of oil to topup...
probably valve seal worn out and or piston ring....
and maybe carbon deposits inside combustion chamber also...
need to solve that missing issue first...

-probably top overhaul to changel valve seal, piston ring and check every parts clearance should be sufficient...

or ask the workshop to check what causing the oil missing...valve seal or other part leaking...
**on the other note.. try look for workshop that have obd1 scanner and see whats the problem... could be transmission issue instead of engine issue... (like speed sensor or valve body solenoid related)
Hi.

The trouble code is always:-
Knock Sensor / KS Bank 1

Dont think its the AT gearbox as it was replaced when issues of KS was on going.

Would you concur if clearance is big - can trigger KS code?

If yes then probably engine need to be overhauled.

Tx. David.

^pomen_GTR^
post Sep 12 2018, 02:17 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(mydavidng @ Sep 4 2018, 05:42 PM)
Hi.

The trouble code is always:-
Knock Sensor / KS Bank 1

Dont think its the AT gearbox as it was replaced when issues of KS was on going.

Would you concur if clearance is big - can trigger KS code?

If yes then probably engine need to be overhauled.

Tx. David.
if valve clearance too big also can lead to that...

especially if u can hear the sound tik tik tik quite loud in the engine bay...

valve clearance is simple to do...no need to do overhaul for that...

can try that first and see..
arza04
post Sep 13 2018, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

Is it wise to keep 2005 wira se manual these days?

Major component like aircond engine and gearbox is ok condition

My car need full repaint, some suspension bushings, meter repair, engine mount and other miscellaneous total about 5k

Market value i think only 8k or so

Or better sell and take axia/bezza? Which to me drives a lot better thn wira including superb fuel consumption..no offense
wonglokat
post Sep 13 2018, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Sep 13 2018, 10:49 AM)

My car need full repaint, some suspension bushings, meter repair, engine mount and other miscellaneous total about 5k

Or better sell and take axia/bezza? Which to me drives a lot better thn wira including superb fuel consumption..no offense
I understand where you're coming from. Repair front, back fell apart. Replace this and next month something else goes. But I'm still keeping this car; partly because it gives me the opportunity to tinker with it and also because of monthly commitments.

If your situation allows for it, then practicality dictates that you don't spend too much plugging holes in a swiss cheese.

Or better sell and take axia/bezza?
Got people wanna take or not? Finding buyer is another issue. Unless sell for parts, in which case I don't even know who to go to sad.gif
wonglokat
post Sep 13 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

Sifu and otai alike, I have a question about a rattling (not squeaks or squeals) sound during morning start-ups. I'm suspecting either

1) the crankshaft pulley (slight wobble along the path to the AC compressor) or
2) water pump

Is there a way to confirm that apart from getting input from the mech since I just got to this small town and not familiar. Are there brand new OEMs crank pulleys in the market or do I have to settle for aftermarket LCPs?

Thanks icon_question.gif
^pomen_GTR^
post Sep 13 2018, 11:46 AM

Regular
1,077 posts

depend on what u expect....

especially when some runs on shoestring budget to pay monthly installment (or simply wants to be comitment free)
arza04
post Sep 13 2018, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(wonglokat @ Sep 13 2018, 11:38 AM)
I understand where you're coming from. Repair front, back fell apart. Replace this and next month something else goes. But I'm still keeping this car; partly because it gives me the opportunity to tinker with it and also because of monthly commitments.

If your situation allows for it, then practicality dictates that you don't spend too much plugging holes in a swiss cheese.
Got people wanna take or not? Finding buyer is another issue. Unless sell for parts, in which case I don't even know who to go to  sad.gif
Initially buy this car because cheap to use for my uni days. Bought the car in year 2013. Learn to fix a lot of things and learn about car wiring also. Memang kaki diy these 5 years tongue.gif

My wira so far is not a money pit, just that if I want to restore to its glory i just feel like not worth it haha

Anyway now already start working no time to tinkering haha, workshop repair is expensive...at least double to triple than diy haha..thats why i plan on new car with warranty for peace of mind

arza04
post Sep 13 2018, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Sep 13 2018, 11:46 AM)
depend on what u expect....

especially when some runs on shoestring budget to pay monthly installment (or simply wants to be comitment free)
If stay using wira is also good because no installment to think every month.

But new car have its pros also like safety, fc, nvh and all that... monthly installment below 450 is not too bad right for a fresh grad?

So hard to decide haha...luckily the new myvi halt its production, more time for me to re-think

icon_rolleyes.gif
wonglokat
post Sep 15 2018, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(Voorhees @ Sep 14 2018, 04:05 PM)
If it's a manual then it's most likely the clutch release bearing, in fact I'm having the issue right now and still driving it like a ticking time bomb. Sometimes it dissappears and sometimes it's loud as fuck.
Oh? Something to bear in mind. Just that if it's the clutch release, surely the sound will change with clutch operation. This one's constant.

Will look it up. Thanks!

Edit: will post the sound or a link when I'm back from biz. The tak-tak-tak rattle does turn heads when I leave the client's at the end of the day

This post has been edited by wonglokat: Sep 15 2018, 04:15 PM
wonglokat
post Sep 17 2018, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(Voorhees @ Sep 17 2018, 03:43 AM)
Does it tick faster and louder as you rev higher? If so, your crank journal bearings are scored. You will need to rebuild the bottom end.
Yes it does. Ugh! cry.gif bangwall.gif If the cost is high then I'll have to seriously consider another car

Vid as promised. Apologies for the orientation and black bars.

This post has been edited by wonglokat: Sep 17 2018, 11:24 AM
wonglokat
post Sep 18 2018, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(Voorhees @ Sep 17 2018, 06:28 PM)
That doesn't sound like journal bearings, it's not consistent. More like clutch bearing or either of those pump bearings, could even be alternator bearings. Easy just remove the belt that's driving the power steering and AC and start it up.
Sure thing. Will do the needful and update.

Edit 25/09/18 for posterity: mechanic couldn't figure out the problem and proceeded to replace the belts with a new one FOC. Will monitor it for a few weeks if the noise comes back. So far so good. Will update again. Didn't think a slack belt would have a rattle instead of a squeal (slip).

This post has been edited by wonglokat: Sep 25 2018, 04:09 PM
wonglokat
post Sep 26 2018, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(Voorhees @ Sep 26 2018, 09:44 PM)
Wow that was easy lol..
Doubtful but we'll see. Since the belt is worn might as well.

I guess time will tell. Will ask friends' recommendation seeing I don't know anyone in this town.

64 Pages « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM