saigetsu TS, glad to see that there is a thread on this topic! Recently got into an accident hope u can give some advise.
- Car got hit at the back on 21/12/15
- Towed into Etiqa panel workshop that day and submitted docs to workshop 22/12/15
- Called workshop and told that adjuster going on the 30/12/15
- Called own insurance (before i see this thread ) to check on LOU claim and got following explanation:
i) Get police report + collect investigation report from police (2 wks after accident) and send a letter to file claim with 3rd party (person who hit me) insurance
ii) Send a copy to my own Etiqa insurance
iii) Days claimable is when the workshop start to repair until complete repair only, not including waiting time before can start repair
- Do I do this myself or can ask the workshop to help claim the LOU together?
- Wat documentation i need to provide? Taxi receipts?
- When to submit these documentation (police report + investigation report + receipts (if needed))?
- How much can we claim (follow post #1)?
Still quite blur after calling the Customer Service especially on the procedure sequence and timeline. Thanks in advance for your help.
Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use