Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

wca
post Dec 29 2015, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

saigetsu TS, glad to see that there is a thread on this topic! Recently got into an accident hope u can give some advise.

Case:
- Car got hit at the back on 21/12/15
- Towed into Etiqa panel workshop that day and submitted docs to workshop 22/12/15
- Called workshop and told that adjuster going on the 30/12/15
- Called own insurance (before i see this thread sweat.gif) to check on LOU claim and got following explanation:
i) Get police report + collect investigation report from police (2 wks after accident) and send a letter to file claim with 3rd party (person who hit me) insurance
ii) Send a copy to my own Etiqa insurance
iii) Days claimable is when the workshop start to repair until complete repair only, not including waiting time before can start repair

Question:
- Do I do this myself or can ask the workshop to help claim the LOU together?
- Wat documentation i need to provide? Taxi receipts?
- When to submit these documentation (police report + investigation report + receipts (if needed))?
- How much can we claim (follow post #1)?

Still quite blur after calling the Customer Service especially on the procedure sequence and timeline. Thanks in advance for your help.

wca
post Dec 29 2015, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

thanks both masters loui saigetsu, will check with the workshop, if they agree i can go and rent a car i hope.

so it seems when the car fully repaired only i can claim back right? how long is the claim back process? Do i receive a cheque by the 3rd party insurance down the road?

thanks notworthy.gif
wca
post Dec 29 2015, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Dec 29 2015, 08:36 PM)
Bro jangan put high hope to get high claim sangat. Because, your car repair process might took 2 days only. Therefore can only claim for 2 days. The rest of the days tersadai at parking waiting to be repaired not counted one.
blink.gif ok noted with thanks.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1120sec    0.76    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:27 AM