Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

juvaan
post May 7 2019, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

i have a question regarding a recent accident case of a friend.

1. My friend's car kena bang from the back (Axia bang by BMW)
2. both cars pulled over to assess damage
3. BMW driven by a hired driver (car owner remained in car refused to get down) - not much damage just minor scratches on BMW
4. Axia has big dent and bumper damaged, almost fall off
5. both parties agreed to settle without report police - he will take his car to workshop and get quotation
6. my friend took picture of each car individually, and also the driver's license (he forgot to get the car owner's IC and no picture of both cars in one pic)

Now this is where the problem starts :

1. my friend gave workshop quotation of RM500 to the driver
2. he said it is too expensive and doesnt want to pay, he rather get RM300 saman from police
3. he asked to go to his own workshop located in bangi - my friend lives PJ side (damn far)- and he only willing to bear rm250 - becoz thats what the workshop will charge apparently
4. my friend then said bangi is too far and troublesome, so he will charge petrol and any extra expenses
5. the driver then started getting rude and shouted "report la! report la!" and hung up - he was not contactable ever since - blocked my friend's number
6. my friend decided to make police report and submitted all photo evidence - and he reported as langgar lari tanpa berhenti

so question is... will my friend be able to claim against the BMW insurance? (since different driver/owner)

and secondly, what is the best approach to get reimbursement? he only wants his money back for repairing his car.

juvaan
post May 7 2019, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ May 7 2019, 12:30 PM)
can. need to go to jpj, find out the insurer,
go to  pesuruh jaya sumpah, declare kena hit and run
go to workshop that he repaired axia, asked them to make third party claims.
thank you for your prompt reply!
juvaan
post May 7 2019, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ May 7 2019, 12:30 PM)
can. need to go to jpj, find out the insurer,
go to  pesuruh jaya sumpah, declare kena hit and run
go to workshop that he repaired axia, asked them to make third party claims.
by the way, how to get insurer details from jpj?

easy to get? what to tell and who to look for?
juvaan
post Jul 12 2019, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

I have a situation.

My wife's car got hit from behind. Minor dent.

The guy who hit was not owner.. driving his uncles car.

The uncle came to the scene of accident.. he had walkie talkie in his hand. we Took pictures and phone number but the guys refused to share IC and license. Die die say number plate is enough. And when my wife asked again he became aggressive and shoved the IC in her face and warned her "only for you to see, happy now?"

He said will settle if affordable if not asked us to claim insurance. He even asked us to go to his own workshop in batu caves to fix the car. Make it sound almost like they are syndicate in PJ to cause accident and generate business for his workshop.

Now I'm worried we cant claim the insurance since the owner and the driver is different. What if the car has no 3rd party insurance?

How is the best way to resolve this? We otw to police station to make report.
juvaan
post Jul 15 2019, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Jul 15 2019, 10:23 AM)
u need him to make the police report as well. or else claims third party insurance.

if he has no insurance. you have no choice to to his workshop lor. pity u
thanks for your advice, we managed to settle without claim insurance

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0747sec    1.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 09:26 PM