Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

MeToo
post Feb 5 2018, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(buggie @ Feb 5 2018, 04:23 PM)
Your policy should allow a reimbursement of the towing fee up to RM 200.00

I think maybe the insurance is asking you to claim the 200 from workshop, pass them the bill and the workshop will built into the claim along with the repair cost.

If you paid more than 200 then sorry. Max you get back is 200.

If your policy comes with free towing, next time best to call your insurer call centre.
ALWAYS call your insurance.

Allianz/AIG, very easy to deal... just call their tow truck come no questions asked.
MeToo
post Feb 6 2018, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(wongck @ Feb 6 2018, 10:47 AM)
Noted thank you.
But is it same procedure? make police report and claim the insurance?
Or need extra steps, like get the building management letter or whatever is required?
Nope.

The usual process.
MeToo
post Feb 10 2018, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Feb 9 2018, 11:03 PM)
Atleast more than 6 months. Coz the rule set is that must give 6 months to police looking for ur car. Or rather, wait until so happen by luck found urcar
You better PRAY they don't find your car....
MeToo
post Feb 12 2018, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Haiz my wife kena read ended this morning...

Looks like bumper koyak, reverse camera also gone.. shit this is the 3rd time i'm replacing the camera (after market cannot claim shit)...

Replace/Repaint the bumper I'm gonna try claim loss of use...

So likely i have to wait keputusan before sending car to workshop?
MeToo
post Feb 12 2018, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Feb 12 2018, 11:25 AM)
u can send the car now. but depends if your workshop will only repair after received the keputusan, baik guna je your car dulu.
ya i think guna dulu... CNY holidays coming up workshop tak kerja jugak.... timing teruk...

Thinking to directly send masuk proton hicom sana... tak tahu boleh ke tidak dia orang claim the other side insurance...
MeToo
post Feb 12 2018, 11:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Feb 12 2018, 11:32 AM)
call your insurance first to confirm. ya cny memang cuti la.. summore under gely
Hahhaah Tong Shan mari?

Eh how come call my insurance? We claiming the other guy's insurance kan?
MeToo
post Feb 13 2018, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(ramli sarip @ Feb 13 2018, 12:39 AM)
Hi want to ask about this case.

1. Car make u turn on green light.
2. Got bang at the passengger side by a motorcycle that run a red light.
3. Motorcyclist didnt drop single blood but we insisted to the ambulance to take him to hospital for further check up.. later that day found that the motorcyclist never went to the hospital.
4. Motorcyclist doesnt have license. Motorcycle got roadtax.
5. Car make police report. Motorcyclist didnt make police report.

Question.

1. Can car claim from motorcycle insurance?
2. How long aio will wait for the other part to make report?
3. If car claim own damage ncd will be burn?
4. Can motorcylist claim medicall bill if he didnt make police report.

Tqvm.
1. Can
2. Depends. IO is lazy to come out with a keputusan until the other party makes a report. So you have to keep following up with him.
3. If you claim your own insurance, it will be the easiest but yes NCD burn. (Also note lose of NCD is not for 1 year.. its a snowball effect..)
4. No. But he can still make police report at a later date, the 24 hr restriction is a fallacy. If he makes a medical claim, even if the police keputusan is siding you, you will STILL lose your NCD. Thats why bikes are king of the road
MeToo
post Feb 13 2018, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(e-fatty @ Feb 13 2018, 02:39 PM)
Dear Sifus,

My bro's car kena bang by an old car. the car hit and run, luckily he managed to get the plate number. Upon checking, no roadtax no insurance... Police told him they cannot do anything until the guy come report police.

Question, can we do anything? Will reporting to JPJ make any difference?
If you follow another thread a lot of poster will "claim" the police will "hunt down" the culprit... but ofcourse reality is you are out of luck. If you are really pissed off, you can always initiate a civil suit...
MeToo
post Mar 1 2018, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Mar 1 2018, 10:52 AM)
actually u can take your car use it, until they really want to repair it, then u can send back.

to your question, yea
sometimes just the vehicle might not be drivable
MeToo
post Mar 8 2018, 04:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Mar 8 2018, 03:44 PM)
1 - find out who is the lorry insurance company
2 - contact the insurance comapny and tell him what happened, and u said u wanna claim regardless no report
3 - go to pesuruh jaya sumpah, declare that this idiot hit u but dudnt make report
4 -  go back to your workshop where your car is repaired, ask him whether he can help appoint adjuster to look at you car or not. ( because insurance require adjuster to check what is really the cost to repair your car)
5. submit all docs, police report, adjuster report, psuruh jaya sumpah to insurance to claim.
now problem that i foresee, u already repaird your car, adjuster cant no longer validate the repair cost u incurred is genuine or not. try to discuss with third party insurance and workshop see possible to claim or not.

you can also approach workshop ask them if any lawyer can help or not.
Saved.

This is useful.
MeToo
post Mar 12 2018, 11:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 12 2018, 11:41 AM)
Wa like that one ar. If they really kira like that I rugi a lot man. Even if I put 30 days and they pay me for 30 days I still rugi bcs my car is 1.3 only can claim rm30 per day.
Confirm you lose out sir.

You will never ever get to claim the actual amount of days u lost use of the car
MeToo
post Mar 12 2018, 12:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 12 2018, 12:34 PM)
lose a bit ok la. But if they really calculate like that I would have lost a lot. Some more it was their stupid client fault.

Seriously had no idea the will calculate like that. Zzz
Sorry to say Malaysia have little in the form of consumer rights.

In say America, almost everywhere if your car rosak under warranty they will offer u a replacement vehicle while they are fixing your car... here? Good luck unless u some bigshot client....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0405sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:47 AM