69 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

odin88
post Apr 8 2019, 12:44 AM

Casual
455 posts

Gais .. I baru kena accident .. tak buat report lagi .. budak yang langgar takde lesen .. how ? his car punya insurance akan cover ke ? atau need to use my insurance ?
geelim77
post Apr 8 2019, 09:55 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(odin88 @ Apr 8 2019, 12:44 AM)
Gais .. I baru kena accident .. tak buat report lagi .. budak yang langgar takde lesen .. how ? his car punya insurance akan cover ke ? atau need to use my insurance ?
if the budak takde lesen langgar you take the service of tos tow truck people, tow truck people have their way to settle it, by using another person as driver to make the polis report....then no problem, u can claim his insurance.

if not, budak takde lesen langgar you only get saman n his car insurance dont have to pay anything.......and you need to use your own insurance and burn your NCD.... sweat.gif
teikboon
post Apr 8 2019, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
764 posts

QUOTE(geelim77 @ Apr 8 2019, 09:55 AM)
if the budak takde lesen langgar you take the service of tos tow truck people, tow truck people have their way to settle it, by using another person as driver to make the polis report....then no problem, u can claim his insurance.

if not, budak takde lesen langgar you only get saman n his car insurance dont have to pay anything.......and you need to use your own insurance and burn your NCD.... sweat.gif
damn sweat
Gold_Moderator
post Apr 8 2019, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

Can third party insurance claim ? If let say my friend car is insured 3rd party insurance. He go bang some one.
TSsaigetsu
post Apr 8 2019, 11:47 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Gold_Moderator @ Apr 8 2019, 11:06 AM)
Can third party insurance claim ? If let say my friend car is insured 3rd party insurance. He go bang some one.
can.

as the name implies.
Gold_Moderator
post Apr 8 2019, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Apr 8 2019, 11:47 AM)
can.

as the name implies.
Third party insurance also can claim own insurance one ?
If driver not the owner also can ?

xnivek
post Apr 8 2019, 11:59 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(odin88 @ Apr 8 2019, 12:44 AM)
Own Damage Knock-for-Knock Claim
There are times when your third party is clearly at fault and has been charged by the police for being the cause of your accident. If you can provide the proof from the police to your Insurer, you can then submit an ‘Own Damage Knock-for-Knock claim’ which is the almost the same as an own Damage claim except for the fact that your NCD entitlement will not be affected.

http://www.piam.org.my/consumer/general-in...al-lines/motor/

mazannor81
post Apr 19 2019, 06:37 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

Joz kena accident. Clearly other drive's fault. Checking my policy just now. I have bought CART add on during renewal.

I can claim LOU from his insurance and CART from mine right?
Can claim both?
vvip
post Apr 19 2019, 02:12 PM

47 posts

My car was sent back to service center to repair for 28 days and the insurance of faulty party only offer 5 days CART, sweat... any sample of appeal letter?
geelim77
post Apr 19 2019, 03:37 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Apr 19 2019, 02:12 PM)
My car was sent back to service center to repair for 28 days and the insurance of faulty party only offer 5 days CART, sweat... any sample of appeal letter?

Dear Sir/Sirs/Madam,

ACCIDENT ON : 00/00/201X
INVOLVING : XXX1234 & ZZZ4321
______________________________________________________________________________________

The above matter refers.

I, (your name) received your offer letter on 00-00-201X for sum of RM210.00.
Unfortunately, I find it necessary to decline your offer, as it is below my expectation.

Please put into consideration that my car was sent to workshop for repair for a period 14 days. During the 14 days repair period, I’ve rented a Perodua Myvi 1.3cc as a means of daily transportation (Car rental: 14.0 X RM75.00/day = RM1050, car rental receipt (invoice# 0123 & 4567) was given as supporting document on 00-00-201X during submission of Loss of Use claim).

I find your offer of Loss of Use claim for only 7 days is unfair to me, instead it should be the actual 14 days of which my car was in workshop for repair. Please reconsider the days of repair and amount offered to me.

According to PIAM (Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia), I am eligible to claim from the third party insurance company for `compensation for actual repair time’ (CART) and compensation of excess. For the actual repair time of your vehicle, this is based on the adjuster’s recommendation on the number of days required for your car to be repaired. Insurance companies, at their own discretion, may allow an additional seven working days for any unforeseen or unavoidable delaybeside the standard scale of daily CART has been specified by the PIAM.

Alternatively, I may also claim the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle of equivalent type and capacity for the recommended number of days of actual repair time as evidenced by a receipt from a licensed car rental company.

Therefore, I am again seeking to recover the following losses:

Car Rental (14.0 x RM75.00/day)  :  RM 1050.00
      TOTAL :  RM 1050.00

For further clarification, you may contact me at 012-345 6789.

Yours faithfully,

post Apr 19 2019, 04:32 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(geelim77 @ Apr 19 2019, 03:37 PM)

Thanks a lot geelim notworthy.gif
odin88
post Apr 21 2019, 12:42 AM

Casual
455 posts

sorry guys .. i buat report .. but did not put the car license and that budak.
if that budak report i cannot claim his insurance.
the police advise me not to put the details and then claim my own insurance. i try to claim from that budak but now he already block my number .. cannot find him anymore.. GG

scenario 1 -
i report. that budak report. cannot use budak car to claim. he got no other people to use to claim that other people bang me. even i can find replacement then that budak also dont have money to pay saman 300 for the fall guy.

scenario 2 -
i report but he did not report. same also. cannot use his ncd. the police will do investigation. try to claim my own insurance and when the keputusan kes came out .. the car owner can say that budak with no license is driving since the owner of the car is in sabah (his aunt actually).

either way i lose. already send to honda and claim my insurance. since already do report cannot change report anymore. that budak sudah lari. the budak said want to settle luar so that is why i kesian dont want to put the car details. if not got 3 summon . the car owner sebab bagi that budak bawak kereta takde lesen . that budak kena 2 saman. 1 for no license and 1 for accident. no fall guy.

no towing since both car can run. if involve towing idk what happened .. at least if i claim insurance can use honda workshop (eventhough harga sembelih but what to do)

This post has been edited by odin88: Apr 21 2019, 12:42 AM
didikazama
post Apr 23 2019, 03:24 PM

3 posts

im sorry for skip many pages to get here,, im only see the 2014 post,

OK,, so this is my situation,

3 weeks ago, i was get bang! from the back, the girl was hit the gas(brake) and bang my wira ass.. after police report me both with the girl who hit me going to the bengkel lah and settled the proses, so after 3 weeks which is today, i saw this topic,, lol..

so my car claim to the girls car (Gen2), the gen2 third party,, same as mine,, so if from the beginning, can i do ODKFK ?. and if no, when i should claim Loss Of Use?.. after car keluar bengkel can ah?
Taeng9389
post Apr 28 2019, 12:45 PM

Casual
395 posts

friend's car got rear ended by viva yesterday, driven by a 60+ yo uncle, uncle say need to fetch kid from school, forgot his number, and took friend's number, say will go report, then sped off

Now, almost 24 hours since the accident, uncle still no report yet, friend's car is under berjaya sompo, cover third party, found out uncle's car is under Tune, comprehensive insu

contacted tune local branch, didnt provide much help, just say the policy is bought in johor branch, ask friend call johor branch, friend went to berjaya's panel wshop, wshop say if uncle no report, he wont be able to claim

cases like this can be classified as hit n run right ?
read about going to oath commissioner and jpj in previous pages, no quite understand, any sifu can further clarify on this ?

This post has been edited by Taeng9389: Apr 28 2019, 12:56 PM
TSsaigetsu
post Apr 29 2019, 01:04 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(didikazama @ Apr 23 2019, 03:24 PM)
im sorry for skip many pages to get here,, im only see the 2014 post,

OK,, so this is my situation,

3 weeks ago, i was get bang! from the back, the girl was hit the gas(brake) and bang my wira ass.. after police report me both with the girl who hit me going to the bengkel lah and settled the proses, so after 3 weeks which is today, i saw this topic,, lol..

so my car claim to the girls car (Gen2), the gen2 third party,, same as mine,, so if from the beginning, can i do ODKFK ?.  and if no, when i should claim Loss Of Use?.. after car keluar bengkel can ah?
Can odkfk

Can claim lou

The doc they require is the adjuster report. So after ur car being repaired then u can claim lou. Actually asap oso can, but still need the adjuster report. Up to u loe
TSsaigetsu
post Apr 29 2019, 01:06 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Taeng9389 @ Apr 28 2019, 12:45 PM)
friend's car got rear ended by viva yesterday, driven by a 60+ yo uncle, uncle say need to fetch kid from school, forgot his number, and took friend's number, say will go report, then sped off

Now, almost 24 hours since the accident, uncle still no report yet, friend's car is under berjaya sompo, cover third party, found out uncle's car is under Tune, comprehensive insu

contacted tune local branch, didnt provide much help, just say the policy is bought in johor branch, ask friend call johor branch, friend went to berjaya's panel wshop, wshop say if uncle no report, he wont be able to claim

cases like this can be classified as hit n run right ?
read about going to oath commissioner and jpj in previous  pages, no quite understand, any sifu can further clarify on this ?
Yes. Hit n run. Use search button find commissioner in this thread. Theres a guide.

Taeng9389
post Apr 29 2019, 02:46 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Apr 29 2019, 01:06 PM)
Yes. Hit n run. Use search button find commissioner in this thread. Theres a guide.
*update
friend went all sherlock holmes on uncle and managed to dig up uncle's son number, and persuaded uncle to go report earlier today
Micky78
post Apr 30 2019, 09:43 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Mar 15 2019, 06:32 AM)
When u renew either branch, online, or telephone, u will entitle 10% discount coz u didn't use agent service.
suggest u shop around..i.c..get quo fr two insurer agent or online.. u might not get the same price... normal insurer dont prefer walk in as dont know the customer...higher risk...
TSsaigetsu
post Apr 30 2019, 10:46 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Micky78 @ Apr 30 2019, 09:43 PM)
suggest u shop around..i.c..get quo fr two insurer agent or online.. u might not get the same price... normal insurer dont prefer walk in as dont know the customer...higher risk...
Dah dah no need to make up story. Walk in or not all ur data is stored centralise database.

Ur risk profile will determine the price. Higher or lower depends on actuarial calculation of their own pricing.
Micky78
post Apr 30 2019, 10:50 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Apr 30 2019, 10:46 PM)
Dah dah no need to make up story. Walk in or not all ur data is stored centralise database.
Ur risk profile will determine the price. Higher or lower depends on actuarial calculation of their own pricing.
where and how they get and store our data?

what is criteria is our risk profile?

69 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0413sec    1.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 11:46 PM