Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies The Revenant (2015), Upcoming Leonardo Di Caprio Movie

views

Ichighost
post Feb 29 2016, 06:59 PM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Feb 29 2016, 07:16 PM)
The Revenant expected to lose for best picture in any measure when Innaritu clinched the film direction spot. It's either one and not both because it isn't that "great" great film. Spotlight deserved it more than anything with a better story and film crafting that deeply hinges on amazing script, although it lacks the mega star power and the hype machine behind it. The one that got snubbed badly was Stallone and WTF original song from Spectre. Those are the two real controversies.
yap Revenant is a great movie..but not the best..

Stallone is fan fav for supporting..but you cant ignore Rylance performances in BoS..to be a standout performer in a good movie with Spielberg and Tom Hank in it.

and yes Spectre song is a facepalm.

happy that Mad Max won 6 awards hehe and Ex machina won visual effect.. smile.gif

6so
post Feb 29 2016, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Ichighost @ Feb 29 2016, 07:59 PM)
Stallone is fan fav for supporting..but you cant ignore Rylance performances in BoS..to be a standout performer in a good movie with Spielberg and Tom Hank in it.
To begin with BOS not a marquee movie that gonna be the hallmark of Hanks and Spielberg, I buy Rylance is the only good thing about the movie. Will you watch the movie multiple times solely on Rylance performance or taking notes of the film crafting? I believe he can do better given a better project that gonna utilize his range even more. Not to overlook Tom Hardy who just kills it for causing the whole revenge plot point in The Revenant if to compare who is stealing who's thunder in the supporting category. I still choose to ignore! icon_rolleyes.gif
tonYe
post Feb 29 2016, 09:17 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Feb 29 2016, 05:44 PM)
Shit. Why no best picture. Argh. doh.gif we almost see irraritu domination until "the spotlight" rob the top spot. Argh. its rigged. mad.gif
Lol you called the film crap and didn't believe Leo could win but you wanted it to win Best Picture? sweat.gif
elm0001
post Mar 1 2016, 10:41 AM

I'm Tyrion Lannister's whore
943 posts

i thought Rylance deserved the award more than Stallone. if the latter won the award, it would be more of an overdue kind of thing. but actually my fav in this category was Ruffalo. i even thought Leo shouldn't have won the award for this movie, but the overdue factor played an important part too.
elm0001
post Mar 1 2016, 10:41 AM

I'm Tyrion Lannister's whore
943 posts

double post

This post has been edited by elm0001: Mar 1 2016, 10:41 AM
Makakeke
post Mar 3 2016, 06:17 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Feb 29 2016, 07:50 PM)
To begin with BOS not a marquee movie that gonna be the hallmark of Hanks and Spielberg, I buy Rylance is the only good thing about the movie. Will you watch the movie multiple times solely on Rylance performance or taking notes of the film crafting? I believe he can do better given a better project that gonna utilize his range even more. Not to overlook Tom Hardy who just kills it for causing the whole revenge plot point in The Revenant if to compare who is stealing who's thunder in the supporting category. I still choose to ignore! icon_rolleyes.gif
Rylance definitely deserved the award more than Stallone. The first 20 minutes in BoS was perhaps the best part of the film.

But my personal fav in that category is still Tom Hardy.
6so
post Mar 3 2016, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Makakeke @ Mar 3 2016, 07:17 PM)
Rylance definitely deserved the award more than Stallone. The first 20 minutes in BoS was perhaps the best part of the film.

But my personal fav in that category is still Tom Hardy.
Errr....just your opinion, BoS just bland to me and if I'm into watch brooding middle age spies (mind you it's plural literally)....there always my blu-ray of Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 6so: Mar 3 2016, 06:33 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:43 PM