Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 08:20 AM, updated 10y ago

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Hey folks,
I want to purchase some electronics for my new crib and want to know if paying extra for shop specific warranty in addition to standard manufacturer's warranty is worth it or not. Also, how's after sales service & 1 to 1 replacement in case of issues? For example, found a TV set that costs 4k at Harvey Norman kl including 5 years extended warranty but also found the same TV set for sale brand new from a seller in penang & some other places for 3k but with standard 2 years Samsung warranty. So is it worth paying an extra 1k for the extra? I don't mind if their service is good, quick & efficient, else no need to waste money right?
Thanks.
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 08:35 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jimmybcmy @ Sep 20 2014, 08:23 AM)
Just go for the 2 years warranty...tv technology still evolving, new designs come out every year.
smile.gif
Hmm.. that thought did cross my mind cuz for all you know, better and cheaper technology in 3 or 4 years.
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 08:54 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jimmybcmy @ Sep 20 2014, 08:46 AM)
Next will be OLED tv...much better picture quality. smile.gif
Yeah, OLED displays look great at the moment. But not willing to spend that much on just a TV yet. Wow, so far the poll is leaning more towards just getting a standard warranty eh. hmm.gif hmm.gif
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 09:38 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(thelws @ Sep 20 2014, 09:08 AM)
2 years warranty enough lor. Technology changes very quickly. Last time plasma tv is all the rage, tak sampai 5 years LCD technology take over. Thennlcd tak sampai 5 years led tech takeover.
I sstill think good plasma TVs displays SD content much better than even some high end led LCD. Anyone of you got experience dealing with Samsung?
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 11:19 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(thelws @ Sep 20 2014, 09:41 AM)
i think the main problem with plasma is the bulk and weight. plus that size... and heat generated just makes it less desirable. and maybe it does produce slightly nicer pictures/sharper etc, but the drawback just makes it less desirable. plus it's shitton expensive compared to lcd.

but that's how technology is. when something new comes along, it iwll usually leave the old version in it's trail.
I agree, also I'm tired of image burns

QUOTE(rockpoper @ Sep 20 2014, 09:54 AM)
Cannot brain those give 5 years or lifetime warranty one. If 5 years later only spoil, got stock to replace?
That's why most claim to offer one to one replacement or a newer TV of the same price value you paid for the TV. Last I checked, Samsung warranty probably doesn't cover that.
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 01:19 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(funnybone @ Sep 20 2014, 10:12 AM)
Take 5 yrs warranty. As stated the TV technology evolved quite fast. On the 4th year, make sure some "accident" happens on your tv. When claiming warranty, the old tech might not be available anymore, you will end up with a higher specs TV........this is a well known tactic brows.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Point noted but pity the manufacturers la.. ... Oh wait! brows.gif
QUOTE(alieamin @ Sep 20 2014, 10:35 AM)
take directly from samsung, so later on u can directly send or call samsung for warranty claim, for tv they will come over and pickup.
Yeah but there are cases where Samsung takes days or even up to 2 weeks shocking.gif before they even send a technician out to determine the problem. No choice then but to wait, but if I purchase say from HM, I can straightaway go raise hell @ a physical location & refuse to walk out till they honor the warranty.
QUOTE(shiloong7081 @ Sep 20 2014, 12:24 PM)
f*** harvey norman man, damn overpriced stuff
I feel your pain. Literally every single item on sale there is overpriced. Of all the items I'm interested in, I've found a much cheaper price compared to their base prices b4 warranty cost. But I guess they are doing something right cuz they still in biz & making a ton of money. No?

This post has been edited by voncrane: Sep 20 2014, 01:21 PM
TSvoncrane
post Sep 20 2014, 07:46 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Sep 20 2014, 01:51 PM)
equivalent value = current value or sold value?
Think its sold value.
TSvoncrane
post Sep 21 2014, 02:49 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(shiloong7081 @ Sep 20 2014, 09:24 PM)
That just means that your average consumer is underinformed
QUOTE(AyamBlend @ Sep 20 2014, 09:49 PM)
No better after sales exist.

Only less worst oni.
True that. Hence looking for the least worst after sales service.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0378sec    0.32    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:54 PM