Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Old Nokia phone can't do software update, Should I stop use it to connect internet

views

TScheng riu zhi
post Sep 14 2014, 11:04 AM, updated 10y ago

11 posts

Old Nokia sympian phone N97, bought in 2008.
Tried to do software update but no update available from Nokia.
Should I stop using it to connect internet (check email, surf web)?
Tried to install Internet Security software (Kaspersky, Norton) but unable to install also.
Look like Nokia is now using Microsoft Windows and no more support for their old sympian phone?
jimmybcmy
post Sep 14 2014, 11:16 AM

Casual
395 posts

Nokia N97 ? Throw it into the dustbin and get ipong 6 or note 4.
mad.gif
TScheng riu zhi
post Sep 14 2014, 11:57 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(jimmybcmy @ Sep 14 2014, 11:16 AM)
Nokia N97 ? Throw it into the dustbin and get ipong 6 or note 4.
mad.gif
Last thursday i use this N97 connect to YES broadband, 1st time connect to YES (through router's wifi).
After about few minutes only, the internet connection suddenly disconnected, look like people in YES disconnect me and the router can't make auto-reconnect. It never happen before, my YES broadband used to connect to a Mac desktop.
So i just worried maybe this N97 phone infected with malware and people in YES detected malware activities from my Nokia N97 and they disconnect me.
Thanks, I better get a new mobile phone.
notworthy.gif
jimmybcmy
post Sep 14 2014, 12:11 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(cheng riu zhi @ Sep 14 2014, 11:57 AM)
Last thursday i use this N97 connect to YES broadband, 1st time connect to YES (through router's wifi).
After about few minutes only, the internet connection suddenly disconnected, look like people in YES disconnect me and the router can't make auto-reconnect. It never happen before, my YES broadband used to connect to a Mac desktop.
So i just worried maybe this N97 phone infected with malware and people in YES detected malware activities from my Nokia N97 and they disconnect me.
notworthy.gif
Try to connect with wifi at cyber cafe, if no problem then it is not malware. Just your phone not compitable with YES.\
Good, go buy new smart phone and enjoy better features of phone.
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jimmybcmy: Sep 14 2014, 12:13 PM
Pugface
post Sep 14 2014, 12:15 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(cheng riu zhi @ Sep 14 2014, 11:57 AM)
notworthy.gif
dont give up on Nokia. its a decent phone.
Windows hence u can do all your office365 email checking at ease. very beautiful interface design. a refreshing break free from the common android and ios. good camera and good phone overal. battery durability is good. no lagging experience too.

mainstream social networks and chat app all available. if u are not too into gaming, nokia's weakness of lacking games would not bother u.

nokia 925 user here. PENG,LENG,JENG.

my 2 cents
shenglimzdavid
post Oct 18 2014, 10:03 PM

Regular
1,579 posts

Nokia had the best speakers... Had nokia N80 and now N95 the speakers on 10% = Nexus 4 30% doh.gif
Trying to get the fella to run Ngage *Just maybe* if not I'll retail it tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:08 AM