Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Windows Vista requirements, discuss here

views

tyssxp
post Sep 3 2006, 06:19 PM

Happy~~
863 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Sep 3 2006, 11:35 AM)
Just wanted to share my experience about vista for 15minutes done installing it into my Pentium D system... wink.gif

I'm using:
Pentium D 930 overclocked to 4GHz
2GB Team Xtreem Ram DDR667
ATI X800GT...

And what i get?
A very lagging system... sweat.gif

You know why i say after 15minutes?
Because after 15minutes, i got mine a BSOD... laugh.gif
Huh...which version you installed? I didn't get any lagness using my Barton at 2.2GHz with 1GB3200 RAM. Other components same as my sig. At that time I was using Beta 2.
sHawTY
post Sep 3 2006, 06:36 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,621 posts

QUOTE(tyssxp @ Sep 3 2006, 06:19 PM)
Huh...which version you installed? I didn't get any lagness using my Barton at 2.2GHz with 1GB3200 RAM. Other components same as my sig. At that time I was using Beta 2.
Dunno..
I just buy cd at lowyat plaza, and install it... tongue.gif

Later on i found out that the lag, i just throw out the cd... laugh.gif
SUSDavid83
post Sep 3 2006, 06:40 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

I also installed one early, leaked beta version of Longhorn. It was very slow and lag ... wasted my money for the CD and ended up by formatting it and reinstalled with XP. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by David83: Sep 3 2006, 06:41 PM
TSyamato
post Sep 3 2006, 06:45 PM

stop calling me yameteh =.=|||
760 posts

haha, all couldnt wait for the final release meh? why wanna be free white mice for microsoft wo?
gstoh
post Sep 3 2006, 08:48 PM

INTJ
1,282 posts

i was using vista 5552 at other pc..
i can get score of index 4.5
that index is not important, i can use vista as smooth as xp,
those nvidia and ati users can download rc1 driver from respective website.. as rc1 has been released(downloading now, build 5600 happy.gif)

but the interface is not good! i don't like it! i hate it!
vista interface seems to be more "kolot" than xp as it is over simplified and make us difficult to browse some options, the main point i wan to point out

the shutdown button is so small whereas the log off button is so big ? what the hell is that ? frequently used button(shutdown) become smaller than occasionally used button(log off)?
black color as main color of task bar causes huge contrast and makes people eyes easily get tired compared to more harmony colors such as light blue.

i don't mind if vista provides many useful and new things to compensate high usage of ram, but in fact there is almost nothing new other than side bar and aero look ?
many of the features can be found in xp just that it have been enhanced in windows vista

i have sent these feedbacks to m$
of couse , vista also has it own good, such as open a pragramme faster., so far i can feel it,
the OS become more intelligent as it can help you to find our the causes of error you are facing hence u can solve the problem easily
vista still in testing stage. but it is considered to use as permanant OS especially yhe PRE-RC and RC1 build

i hope the ram usage in vista can be reduced to 400mb or even lower

This post has been edited by gstoh: Sep 3 2006, 08:54 PM
TSyamato
post Sep 5 2006, 10:50 PM

760 posts

thx for ur 'review' gstoh,
i totally agreed on what u comment on vista, because i think the same way when xp 1st came out. every1 needs time to get use to a new OS.

however im might be a stubborn 1, cos im still running w2K instead of XP. xp is too flashy, "cartoonish" and 'too smart' (ok, it makes me feel im more stupid than a machine). but i ensure you, i have been using w2k for more than 4 yrs and have 0 record on crashing or freezing. itz just soooooo^99 stable. & w2k keep the memory usage at minimum at all time.
kanoha_village
post Sep 5 2006, 11:14 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Sep 3 2006, 06:36 PM)
Dunno..

same with me...
if found the same problem too...

the dustbin is the place for the cd biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

TSyamato
post Sep 5 2006, 11:44 PM

760 posts

tsk..tsk....tsk,
money is no subject to u guys?!
dattebayo
post Sep 5 2006, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,330 posts

afew bucks onli mar tongue.gif
TSyamato
post Sep 6 2006, 12:32 AM

760 posts

i can tell datte oso rich ppl biggrin.gif

back to topic, now i confused what GC & 19"lcd to get if later OS upgrade to vista, prolly next year....
inteluser
post Sep 6 2006, 12:49 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(gstoh @ Sep 3 2006, 08:48 PM)
i was using vista 5552 at other pc..
i can get score of index 4.5
that index is not important, i can use vista as smooth as xp,
those nvidia and ati users can download rc1 driver from respective website.. as rc1 has been released(downloading now, build 5600 happy.gif)

but the interface is not good! i don't like it! i hate it!
vista interface seems to be more "kolot" than xp as it is over simplified and make us difficult to browse some options, the main point i wan to point out

the shutdown button is so small whereas the log off button is so big ? what the hell is that ? frequently used button(shutdown) become smaller than occasionally used button(log off)?
black color as main color of task bar causes huge contrast and makes people eyes easily get tired compared to more harmony colors such as light blue.

i don't mind if vista provides many useful and new things to compensate high usage of ram, but in fact there is almost nothing new other than side bar and aero look ?
many of the features can be found in xp just that it have been enhanced in windows vista

i have sent these feedbacks to m$
of couse , vista also has it own good, such as open a pragramme faster., so far i can feel it,
the OS become more intelligent as it can help you to find our the causes of error you are facing hence u can solve the problem easily
vista still in testing stage. but it is considered to use as permanant OS especially yhe PRE-RC and RC1 build

i hope the ram usage in vista can be reduced to 400mb or even lower
yup ya rite..
d thing tat border me much is d stupit authentication part from vista.. security?? get off man.. is juz a stupit prompt.. asking u to allow the program to run.. the problem is.. it will appear in front of the screen everytime u launch a program..
summoe the memory usage for Explorer.exe reach to a maximum of 1XX,XXXK!! shocking.gif
if thing like this go on.. Linux will then be commercialize.. Vistalinux.. rclxm9.gif hahaha.. which has a better interface than Vista.. n lower memory consumption...

inteluser
post Sep 6 2006, 12:59 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(yamato @ Sep 6 2006, 12:32 AM)
i can tell datte oso rich ppl biggrin.gif

back to topic, now i confused what GC & 19"lcd to get if later OS upgrade to vista, prolly next year....
even now got sum gc oso problem supporting highly memory eating Vista... i think tat u shud u find a gc is wif a HDTV support.. n has a high memory clock..(juz my opinion.. cna correct me if i m wrong)..
regarding on the LCD.. the larger the LCD u take.. but wif a 'chapalang' gc.. u will enjoy watching a large LCD w/ a very2 slow mouse pointer scrolling down ur LCD... drool.gif

radmaszeal
post Sep 6 2006, 01:04 AM

boredom is caused by lack of ignorance
1,546 posts

if u can afford original version of vista, shouldnt have a problem getting good gc and lcd. i heard vista got a lot of versions, right ar?
gstoh
post Sep 8 2006, 12:57 PM

INTJ
1,282 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Sep 6 2006, 01:04 AM)
if u can afford original version of vista, shouldnt have a problem getting good gc and lcd. i heard vista got a lot of versions, right ar?
yes many versions~~ to blur the customers
but, m$ revealed the price of vista,
you can get a original vista as cheap as original win xp
so it is depend which you wan to choose.

greyPJ
post Sep 8 2006, 01:26 PM

artificially stupid
3,151 posts

QUOTE(gstoh @ Sep 8 2006, 12:57 PM)
yes many versions~~ to blur the customers
but, m$ revealed the price of vista,
you can get a original vista as cheap as original win xp
so it is depend which you wan to choose.
waiting for vista vlk, thank you microsoft.
8tvt
post Sep 8 2006, 02:33 PM

Peace Lover
8,753 posts

actually why we need vista?
jon89
post Sep 8 2006, 02:35 PM

**Banned**
1,471 posts

QUOTE(8tvt @ Sep 8 2006, 02:33 PM)
actually why we need vista?
why you need XP when u had Windows 98SE or Windows 2k few years back.... tongue.gif
8tvt
post Sep 8 2006, 02:43 PM

Peace Lover
8,753 posts

QUOTE(jon89 @ Sep 8 2006, 02:35 PM)
why you need XP when u had Windows 98SE or Windows 2k few years back.... tongue.gif
it's not the same de...
for average user what they need for 64bit computing since appz, games etc not fully utilize it..

for winxp i waited 1-2 years to make sure all soft,hardware are matured and affordable ofcourse..

so if just to use internet, office works that not so profesional or other home user usage..just waste our money only.. seems hardware requirement is high..
raymond5105
post Sep 8 2006, 03:18 PM

5,341 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Sep 3 2006, 06:36 PM)
Dunno..

Oh no Cd thrown away already.Haha,really need a lot of RAM for the VISTA. laugh.gif XP is the better choice for us.
8tvt
post Sep 8 2006, 03:25 PM

Peace Lover
8,753 posts

for sure their service pack requires 1-2 years more.. and ahem version laying around in our market.. lol... that time users are afford to pay for better hardware..

30 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:20 PM