Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Headphones/ Earphones Recomendation Corner V10, ask options here (Headphones)

views

liquidgal
post Sep 10 2014, 07:28 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(peter32 @ Sep 10 2014, 05:00 PM)
Need sifu for some recommendations:

- My rig - smart phones, laptop, PC.
- What type of usage - music, videos, more focus on musics (instruments, vocals, NOT hardrock, NO Techno, but don't mind decent bass).
- My file sources - Youtubes, Flacs, MP3.  Better cater for lossless eg. monkey files too.
- Genre of music you listen to - instruments, vocals as above. But I still love bass when bass is due.
- Type: Headphone

Budget : around RM300.. unless there is good reason to increase the limit ?  I am all ears.. smile.gif

Thanks for help.
Beyerdynamic DTX501p, direct and clean sounding with very decent bass. Though small but quite comfortable for wearing.
Creative Aurvana live, slightly warm and sweet, soft and musical.

QUOTE(mists29 @ Sep 10 2014, 06:37 PM)
Looking for a closed back headphone for music and gaming, my budget is around rm100, any recommendation? Thx
If you are looking for gaming headset, can consider Sades SA902
liquidgal
post Sep 12 2014, 03:37 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(goliath @ Sep 11 2014, 10:54 AM)
Any recommendations based on below info...

- Rig : Laptop, smartphone and  mp3 player (Sandisk Sansa Clip)
- Usage : Music (for office)
- File format : Mostly mp3
- Genre of music : mixture of classical, rock, alternative, pop, instrumental, electronic
- Type : Headphone
- Budget : RM200
QUOTE(W_Pooh @ Sep 12 2014, 02:17 AM)
rig - smartphone, laptop, ipod
usage - music
File format - mp3
Genre of music - edm, classical, instrumental, pop
Headphone - closed back
Budget - below RM250
Other requirements - is it possible to find a closed back headphone which is not that big? tongue.gif 'cause im a girl and would prefer a smaller one smile.gif

Thanks for helping!
If you prefer more details on upper mids and treble, more musical, can go for Creative Aurvana live. It's already stopped production but you still can buy the remaining stock for now.
If you need a more bassy headphone with better punch for EDM and rock, can consider JVC HA-S500.
liquidgal
post Sep 14 2014, 01:47 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(mzafran_47 @ Sep 12 2014, 09:07 PM)
Where can I get best closed back headphones?
Purposes mostly for watching tv series, movies and music sometimes.

Budget : Below RM300

I found Jaben is way overprice and too expensive.
Can check out JVC HA-S500 and Creative Aurvana live. JVC with more bass, CAL with more details on upper mid and treble.

QUOTE(reverze @ Sep 13 2014, 09:04 PM)
Currently using my samsung iem that came with the galaxy s4

looking for an affordable (but better) replacement smile.gif
mostly for music. sometimes youtube

budget: ~100
device: galaxy s4 as of now/ laptop when travel
songs: r&b / pop / hip hop (versatile is better)

eye-ing on the xiaomi piston 2 smile.gif
If you prefer cleaner sound that emphasise on details. for below RM100, can consider Superlux HD381 series. Slightly over RM100, can consider Vsonic VSD1.
liquidgal
post Sep 14 2014, 01:47 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

-

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Sep 14 2014, 01:48 AM
liquidgal
post Sep 15 2014, 01:03 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(mists29 @ Sep 14 2014, 05:41 PM)
How abt for music? smile.gif not often play games.
If you don't mind semi open, can consider Superlux HD681 Evo. Slightly warmer and with more bass than other Superlux family. If bass is not an issue, can consider HD661 and HD669 for close back.

If you prefer softer, musical and comfortable sounding, Edifier H850 is a quite decent choice.

QUOTE(jgamer @ Sep 14 2014, 11:14 AM)
Hi, i looking for best all purpose headphone without using amp for good sound, currently eying audio technica m40x, m50x and es700
since my first earphone was audio technica ckm 300is

My rig - smart phones, laptop, pc, ps3, ps4
- What type of usage - video, music, and gaming
- My file sources - Youtubes, MP3, mp4, mkv
- Genre of music you listen to - any
- Type: Headphone

Budget : Rm 500-700

Thanks for help.
It's really depends on your preference and personal taste on sound. For the price range, can consider ATH M50X, ES700, Sennheiser HD598, AKG K550.
ATH M50X has a stronger and tighten bass compare to the rest. It is easy to drive. The sound stage is larger than M40x and more open, mids is fuller and more solid.
ES700 and K550 are headphones with lesser bass.
HD598 is rich and thick sound, the bass quantity is still a lot but more loose and flexible.

QUOTE(Erza Scarlet @ Sep 14 2014, 05:50 PM)
rig - desktop gaming
usage - Youtube music, Mp3, Gaming + talking on Teamspeak
File format - mp3
Genre of music - Metal
Headphone - closed
Budget - max RM 500
Other requirements - What brand is good for the requirement which i stated above? Sennheiser? Audio Technica?
Can consider M50x, custom one pro, HD598.
ATH M50X has a stronger and tighten bass and easier to drive. COP though has low impedance and higher potential than M50X, but without proper amp it won't sound good.
HD598 is rich and thick sound, the bass quantity is still a lot but more loose and flexible.

liquidgal
post Sep 18 2014, 12:59 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(kathy28 @ Sep 16 2014, 12:37 PM)
Hi..can u guys help me

Rig - xperia, laptop, ipad
Type of usage - movie, music, video
File source - mp3, mkv, mp4
Genre of music - all but mostly pop rock
Type - headphone
Budget - max rm150

Thanks smile.gif
Can consider Superlux HD681 Evo. It's slightly warm and with more bass compare to other Superlux Series. Very comfortable for wearing as well and comes with velour pad.

QUOTE(kathy28 @ Sep 16 2014, 04:07 PM)
Which one is better? edifier h850, sennheiser hd201 or sony mdr-zx310
Actually for lower range headphones, I do suggest to go for other brand instead of big brands for higher C/P ratio.
Not many audiophile in Malaysia actually know about Edifier H850. I bought it from China as it was rated highly from a famous China audiophile review website Soomal .
Once tested, I was really surprise by the performance. Never expect such a smooth and musical sounding headphone at this price range. For pop, classical, jazz and so on it's really good.
My sister is using it for her vocal teaching class now. biggrin.gif

If you prefer something with more bass and warmer sounding, can consider Superlux HD681 Evo. Superlux is always the brand that I recommend to composers and musicians for entry level sound monitoring headphones. It excels especially on details. Hardly find other headphones at this price range that can outperform it in terms of separation, positioning and details. But it may sound a little bright and sharp on treble depending on your set up. 681 evo is the headphone with the darkest treble among Superlux. Details slightly muddy compare to the same range Superlux brothers.

QUOTE(duck v3 @ Sep 17 2014, 01:35 PM)
hi guys, im stuck between the shure sh440 and ath m40x.. which do u guys think is better suited for me?

im an all rounder listener, i listen stuff from electrohouse to pop
but i listen to very little jazz and classical though. my priority is comfort and also isolation.
prefer not too heavy bass like stupid beats. just enough oomph in them is ok
QUOTE(raeimad @ Sep 18 2014, 03:48 AM)
Both are really good headphones. But for comfort and isolation, M40x is much better than srh440.
But you might not like the sound of M40x, cause you don't get much of the bass you'd want for electro/house or pop.
But if you're someone who doesn't like much bass. It should be fine.  smile.gif
Actually I believe it depends on your set up. I have tested M40X and M50X on Aune T1 MK2, both gives me equally punchy and tight bass. Their difference are more on sound stage, and details especially on mids. Vocal on M40X is a little backward and not as solid as M50X. But the difference in price is quite a lot so I think M40x is really a good pair to invest especially when you do not have decent dac and amp. The performance will be even closer.
To me, the bass is definitely sufficient and perform quite well for EDM and rock. The X version has much more bass boost compare to the previous M40 and M50, which make me love them more.
Shure headphones usually has very beautiful treble, focus more on mids and treble. M40x has more bass than SRH440.

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Sep 18 2014, 01:01 PM
liquidgal
post Sep 25 2014, 02:00 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(xtremedummy @ Sep 23 2014, 01:49 PM)
My Rig >HM601
My amp> PPAV2
headphone > undecided between HD650 AKG series

Anyone could help me to decide which to choose? going for sound stages, dynamic and not fatigue. not for bass, more to jazz and slow music
QUOTE(psychoactive @ Sep 23 2014, 05:43 PM)
If you have the budget, can consider HE500, or even the HE560  tongue.gif
I listened to the HE500, really wow'ed me a lot. Jazz/blue music sounds exceptionally good.  thumbup.gif
Sennheiser HD6XX series are very different sound signature with AKG series.
HD600 & HD650 are both rich and thick sound headphones with very punchy bass and large in piece. The bass quantity is more than AKG and beyerdynamic. They are one of the best headphones with good details at lower mids and bass at this price range.

HD600 and HD650 are at the same range for sound quality but different sound signature.
HD650 has more bass and darker treble, little empty in mids compare to HD600. It's suitable for rock and other genre that need bass savvy headphones.
HD600 has a fuller and meaty mids, better expansion in treble, which makes it a all rounded headphone to me. It has very good performance for vocal and orchestra.
Sennheiser headphones have good dynamic, which make them excel in big production music.

AKG wise is totally a different story. I always believe that the sound design of the headphones are related to the country of origin and their culture. AKG was from Austria where people are playing with instruments like Accordion which is more lively and light. Typical AKG headphones like K701, K702, are very refined, airy, sound stage is more backward, clean with thinner music body. Suitable for chamber music, piano, acoustic, new age, country music and so on. But I would say, if you were to choose AKG, has to be careful in choosing amp. In the market, more amps are using Sennheiser headphones as reference when they design it. If pairing with amp or dac that is not so suitable, it may sound bright and dry.

Hifiman wise, they are also good headphones that bring revolution.
HE500 and HE560 are really good and cheap, but you really need to invest in good amp. tongue.gif
For your set up, I would say, can consider HE400i. It's consider clean in a dark background, refined, smooth and airy, thinner music body compare to sennheiser but much thicker than akg. The mid is fuller and overall with more bass compare to HE560, which makes it sound good with vocal. It's not a headphone that emphasise on bass, but it still has bass.
Overall performance, I rate it higher than Sennheiser HD6XX and AKG K7XX. Take Sennheiser bass as example, Senn is having the quantity but HE400i is having the quality, so refined and smooth with higher density.

I'm not sure how's the performance of your amp, as I haven't audition it before. But for all the headphones mentioned above, they need at least a decent amp to drive it, preferably desktop amp smile.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Sep 25 2014, 02:02 AM
liquidgal
post Sep 29 2014, 01:28 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(derail @ Sep 28 2014, 09:42 PM)
Like I stated in my previous, I don't listen to metal. And as stated previously the budget is for a set and not just the the DAP.
Does it make sense to get a Fiio X5 or X3 on headphones like the MS1 or the M50? That DAP is more expensive than the headphones.

I'd like to modify my question to make it easier- whats a decent balanced headphone which is a step up from the MS1 below RM700.
Actually source is more expensive than headphone is very normal smile.gif
To me, I see headfi as a system. Every member in the system plays an important role. Doesn't mean that you spend more on headphone, you will get a better sound.

Take Sennheiser HD600 as example. It's only RM1K+ headphone. I am currently pairing it with Yulong DA8 DAC (around RM4K+) with La Figaro 339 headphone amp (close to RM3K with upgraded tubes). It's the best pairing combo for HD600 that I have ever heard. Of course, it always have room for improvement. If I have to choose between HD800 + a RM3K+ dac & amp, I will choose the former set up which is more healthy and comfortable.

If you plan to upgrade very soon, you can allocate more budget on headphone then slowly upgrade your dac and amp.

There are a lot of ways in playing headfi. Just like a lot of headfi-ers who get flagship headphones first and slowly upgrade their dac & amp.
If you just want to get a comfortable sounding system, can allocate budget to get an affordable, balance system.

Headphone that you can consider,
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (has much greater improvement on sq if add in amp compare to M50X)
ATH M50X (all rounded, but lower range on sq than the rest if compare on a higher range headfi system )
Sennheiser HD598 (rich sound with thicker music body)
AKG K550 (more on treble, lesser bass)

DAP:
At least
Fiio X3
iBasso DX50

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Sep 29 2014, 01:30 AM
liquidgal
post Sep 30 2014, 02:34 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(cipollll @ Sep 29 2014, 04:37 PM)
Budget: 100 and below.

Need a new headphone for music.
Really on short budget, is there any good one for this budget? Im not looking for earphone.
I don't want to buy the no-brand rm30-50 because sure will not last that long.
Can consider Superlux HD651. a very decent choice below RM100. Or around RM100, Edifier HD850.
Top up a bit you can get Superlux HD681 Evo.

QUOTE(iSean @ Sep 29 2014, 05:33 PM)
In these RM categories, which earphones should I get? And why? And is it easily available in Malaysia?
Under RM 100
Under RM 75
Under RM 50
QUOTE(sheng0729 @ Sep 30 2014, 09:52 AM)
looking for the best buck for value earphone prefer in-ear....budget ~~rm50
Can consider Superlux HD381 series if you prefer clarity and details.

QUOTE(derail @ Sep 29 2014, 08:18 PM)
Its true that the headphone alone does not determine good sound quality but you are recommending at least a Fiio X3/iBasso DX50 just to pair with an Alessandro MS1? The headphone makes the most difference in the level of SQ, the DAP the least so I don't quite follow your line of thought here.

Thanks for the headphone recommendations.
QUOTE(derail @ Sep 30 2014, 12:57 PM)
Relative to the speakers or headphones they do not. Why would you spend alot more on something that is 5-10x less important in terms of sq?
http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=KB_...cument_srl=1921

Your example is comparing complete garbage to an AK240 which doesn't make sense. A better comparison would be something like a Sansa clip/ipod vs Hifiman/Fiio/etc. And placing that in the context of using the difference on a better headphone. A sansa clip or an ipod is already very good as I have found out.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61524
Look at the graphs, the frequency response of the Sansa/ipod is almost as flat as a ruler. SNR, distortion measurements are really good.

The recommendation right after my first post was a fiio x5 which costs around RM1200 which would leave only RM300 from my budget to spend on a headphone. Would that be a 'normal' thing that people do on lowyat?
I do agree that headphone has the greatest impact on sound signature but not necessarily on sound quality.
First of all, why I recommend at least X3 or DX50 is because, you stated your budget can up to around RM1.5K. You also asking for step up from MS1.
For the headphones that I recommend, for a more balance system and healthy sound, I do think the two dap works well and can be even better.
For example, for me, if I were to use HD598 as my headphone, I would pair it with X3 or DX50 + a portable amp Cayin C5 for a better performance. Dap build in amp is usually not so powerful. Another common combo I am having is iBasso DX90 (RM1600+)+ Vsonic GR07 classic (RM300+).

Even if you are getting MS1, buying a higher price DAP still make sense.
If you have only budget of RM1K, you can have two options. Either buy a more expensive headphone and pairing with more entry level DAP or go for a more balance and healthy system.
If you are not going to upgrade in short time, I would think that the latter can give you a more comfortable and enjoyable sound quality.
Buying a RM700 headphone pairing with RM300 DAP, not necessarily having a better sound quality compare to MS1 + Fiio X3. You can audition yourself and do the judgement.

You can choose to pair a flagship headphone or higher range headphone with low range dac and amp, but the sound is for sure not healthy.
Talking about HIFI market, headphone like Audeze LCD3 that cost RM7K+ is already at top range. But a RM7K DAC in HIFI is really mean nothing. From here, I guess you can somehow see some clues.

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Sep 30 2014, 02:37 PM
liquidgal
post Oct 3 2014, 05:16 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(raeimad @ Oct 2 2014, 04:39 PM)
I don't think it's about the burn in. Cause the M40x tried out would have been well burned in yet people still find it having too little bass.
What I would recommend is getting an amp that would help bring out more bass from the M40x instead of trading it, mostly because M50 does not have detachable cables. Over time (IMO) it's a really useful feature.
Since I've never tried it out with an amp (I only used my laptop/phone) I'll quote liquidgal here. Hence I believe an amp would be a better solution biggrin.gif
QUOTE(austinjklim @ Oct 2 2014, 04:52 PM)
Thanks bro. I also thought of getting an amp to see if it really helps out the bass. Find out that I'm playing on Max volume both on my PC and iphone. I downloaded a secondary eq tweak(jailbroken iPhone) so that the bass will be much better. But I wasn't feeling the bass that i was looking for.

Anyone else can help out? Does getting an amp will improve the bass on the M40x?
Actually the problem is about the source and build in amp.
I notice a lot of people find that certain IEM or headphone lack of bass or the sound is quite loose and not solid, mostly because they using direct plug in to HP, laptop and so on. The build in DAC and headphone amp of these device are not up to audio level. So hardly bring out a clear and solid imaging. Even for certain headphones, it sounds like having large piece of bass, but the bass is not in good quality.

Of course, certain IEM and headphones are originally with lesser bass based on their sound tuning.
But from what I tested, M40X actually has equally tight and punchy bass on Aune t1 mk2 and other dap.

Adding a pure amp might make the sound more powerful but, without a good source, the amp is only amplifying low quality sound signal. If you do not have any DAC at the moment, I would suggest going for a DAP or DAC cum amp. So at least you have a proper DAC + amp combo to provide good sound signal to your headphones.

I would always see headphone HIFI as a system (DAC ->Headphone AMP->Headphones, finally cables). When you take care every member in the system and balance it up, you will get a decent sound quality. This is nothing to do with budget, doesn't mean you have to spend a lot to achieve that. Low budget then play with low budget system biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Oct 3 2014, 05:20 PM
liquidgal
post Nov 11 2014, 02:09 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(zongeva @ Nov 11 2014, 01:59 AM)
Thanks for your input bro. smile.gif

Another question for everyone: So my CX870 is dying now and I am looking for a replacement IEM with budget under RM400. Now I am looking at Shure SE215 (and the Special Edition counterpart), Audio Technica ATH-IM50, and probably Beyerdynamic XP3. Can anyone provide me some comparisons between these models? I am open to other suggestions too. smile.gif
I usually listen to J-rock, J-pop, trance, with most of them having with female vocal and occasionally classicals.

Thanks guys!
Can also consider HiFiMan RE400 if it's for female vocal and classical. It's very airy, refined, soft, music flow out like feather.
The HM700 combo with RE400 balance version is even with better details, and larger sound stage. Can check it out. I rated it highly as GR07 classic.

Beyer XP series has large piece of bass, details wise slightly muddy. If you do prefer details and clarity, there are more other options.
liquidgal
post Nov 11 2014, 03:56 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(LeonOni @ Nov 11 2014, 11:48 AM)
Hello all, can recommend me an earphone of:

My Rig: My laptob and phone
- Type of usage: movie and music
- File format:  mostly mp3 or kuwo
- Music genre: classical, jazz,electro, pop,oildes
- Budget: 100 to 200
- Headphone/ earphone type: earphone
- Other requirements (if any): loud

Thank you.
if you prefer clean, neutral and good details iem,
for rm100+ can consider vsonic vsd1, rm200 can consider Ostry kc06. If you prefer more bass and fuller sound, can consider kc06a

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Nov 11 2014, 03:57 PM
liquidgal
post Nov 11 2014, 06:24 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(zongeva @ Nov 11 2014, 02:45 AM)
Interesting suggestion, I will look into it. Thank you!
Would you recommend Ostry KC06/A for my use case?
Ostry is also not bad. Overall performance wise, RE400 is slightly higher range.
If you prefer a more punchy bass, slightly warmer and fuller mids for pop songs, can consider KC06A.
RE400 is good for classical, instruments, female vocal, new age and stuff. It's more to refined, soft, smooth kind of sound signature. It still has adequate amount of bass. But if you are looking for something with strong bass, then it's not for you.
liquidgal
post Nov 21 2014, 06:36 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(noloveishere @ Nov 21 2014, 05:55 PM)
Actually it's the kc06a, maybe I was over-exaggerating a little, it isn't really that bad.. well it did improve a little after 7 hours of playing music but I'm not certain. After a few days I'll see then. After all there's warranty biggrin.gif
Actually it's also depends on the source and amp you have. To me, both KC06 and KC06A sound quite horrify on my Xiaomi 3. The sound is very empty, loose and lack of bass. Play it on at least a DAC cum amp like E07K or DAP like Fiio X1 would be a totally different story.

Mind to tell me your current set up?
liquidgal
post Nov 21 2014, 08:10 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(noloveishere @ Nov 21 2014, 06:41 PM)
(whispers) smartphone  shocking.gif
in that case, probably can consider getting a DAP or DAC cum amp. The outcome can be day and night.
Not necessarily expensive one, at least a headfi level gadget would be helpful smile.gif

No matter which IEMs or headphones that you are using, source determine the quality of sound signal that you feed the amp and headphones. Amp wise is to decorate timbre and amplify the sound.
Generally anything with headphone out has a headphone amp. Amp that is not up to audio level such as the build in amp of phone or computer, will give you bad sound quality as well.

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Nov 21 2014, 08:11 PM
liquidgal
post Dec 27 2014, 07:31 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(Fman @ Dec 27 2014, 03:52 AM)
tq , in your opinion , if i topup a bit, which one is better :

1. soundmagic pl11
2. superlux hd381
3. xiaomi piston
They are quite different sound. 1 & 3 is more to bassy sound. If you are looking for clean and good clarity IEM for classical and instrumental, I suggest HD381 series. Top up a bit, you can also consider Vsonic VSD1.
liquidgal
post Feb 15 2015, 07:45 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Feb 7 2015, 03:41 AM)
Hi guys, im tired of using cheap and useless earphones. over the years i have used samsung phone earphone , iphone earphone, xiaomi and some cheaplak earphone. can anyone recommend me a good earphone that can provide me a good music experience. i subscribed to spotify for rm15 permonth so i want to make the most of that rm 15  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

The music i normally listen are acoustic slow music with occasional pop songs.
Must be a in ear headphone that doesnt fall off easily and comfortable.
my budget is around rm 150 -200.

Thank you in advance for your help  rclxms.gif

ps: anyone knows any specialise headphone shops that i can go and try headphone? im living in subang jaya any recommendations nearby my area?
QUOTE(Bront Palabuto @ Feb 7 2015, 10:54 PM)
Requirement : IEM that comparable to Audio Techinica ATH IM50 performance
Budget: RM 250
QUOTE(YiyuKum @ Feb 9 2015, 02:40 PM)
Any good suggestion for a good earphone that won't leak the sound to people surround you? Budget is below RM250.
Can actually check out Ostry KC06 or KC06A. The iem is with good details and sound stage, slightly warm and punchy bass. Quite good for pop music.

QUOTE(mrizacs @ Feb 12 2015, 08:22 AM)
heloo geng,
i need opinion. I'm looking for new Earphone earbud to replace my Xiaomi Piston Earphone 2
need your experience base on:-
- Myrig : IPOD NANO
- Usage: MUSIC
- File format MP3
- Genre of music General
- looking for Earphone type
- Budget Rm150

Thank you.
If you prefer clarity, can consider Vsonic VSD1

liquidgal
post Feb 15 2015, 07:47 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(hsiungz @ Feb 14 2015, 08:38 PM)
hi, pls recommend me a headphone, dont have to be too good, use it for music with phone or ipod, budget +-rm100, preferably on ear kind

thanks in advance
Beyerdynamic Malaysia has trade in campaign now for Beyerdynamic DTX501P. Price just nice for your budget.
Can trade in any earphone or headphone at any condition, then get great discount for a new DTX501P. Can check it out.
liquidgal
post Apr 14 2015, 08:20 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(hafiz_control @ Apr 5 2015, 10:18 PM)
Fiio x5

Currently on allesandro ms1.

Just love the warm, open sound, reminds me of being infront of my HT setup smile.gif

Was using momentum and also a vmoda headphone ( got it in year 2007, it sounded absolutely Wonderfull then, but comparitively crappy now, haha )

Just wondering whats the next step up for the headphones now? Still would like an open sound, something like the allesandro. Maybe with slightly more bass and better midrange? Any iem's, would be great if its portable.

Budget about 1k.. Can go higher if its worth it.

Source is All flacs and dsd'd.
If your dac amp is portable gadget, I suggest go for easier to drive open back headphone- Philips Fidelio X2. It's more backward, sound stage bigger, warmer and thicker. Potential wise, Sennheiser headphone will give you more if you are pairing with a decent dac and amp. Preferably desktop amp.

QUOTE(chongkaiz @ Apr 11 2015, 01:50 PM)
Your rig: MSI laptop, LG G2
What type of usage: Music
File format used in your source: 320kbps mp3
Genre of music you listen to: Chinese pop, EDM, DnB
Headphone/ earphone type: IEM
Budget: RM200 max
Thanks! smile.gif
Can consider Ostry KC06, ATH IM50, or Hifiman RE300H
KC06 is slightly warm and mid is thicker and more focus. Music body more solid.
IM50 is clean, but with larger piece of bass. More laid back and loosen. Sound stage is larger, separation better.
RE300H has the unique sound signature of Hifiman, quite smooth, warmer than the rest, darker and with more bass and lesser transparency.

QUOTE(kuekwee @ Apr 12 2015, 04:11 PM)
Mainly classical and some vocal. budget 2k
Depending on what type of classical music. If more on chamber music or single instrument like cello and some vocal, which doesn't require much on transparency and pace, can consider Oppo PM2.
If you listen more to bigger production or orchestra which require larger sound stage, better frequency expansion, can consider Philips Fidelio X2 or Audio Technica AD1000X. ATH is cleaner and more neutral.

QUOTE(slaveone @ Apr 12 2015, 04:29 PM)
how's the soundstage for AT MSR 7..? Is it narrow like typical AT headphones?
I would say still AT sound stage. Comparing to M50X, sound stage much wider, thinner sound with better details and separation.

QUOTE(icecreamcake @ Apr 12 2015, 10:33 PM)
hi sifus

Your rig: laptop, handphone, ipad
What type of usage: Music
File format used in your source: 320kbps mp3
Genre of music you listen to: Mostly EDM
Headphone/ earphone type: IEM
Budget: RM200 - RM300

Thanks  biggrin.gif
Can consider Ostry KC06A, IM50. IM50 with larger piece of bass but more loosen, kc06a has tighter and punchier bass.
Using handphone build in dac, might not give you good bass also. My xiaomi sounds awful pairing with Ostry.
Can consider getting entry level DAC amp or dap in the future.
liquidgal
post Apr 22 2015, 01:47 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(lucifer_666 @ Apr 17 2015, 05:03 PM)
Can anyone help me with choosing a portable headphones?

Budget -  around rm350
Foldable & detachable cables
Slim/low profile. Or at least not overly bulky
Comfortable for long period use
For movie & music. Music mostly ballad, pop & rock with occasional classical/instrumental.
Not particularly looking for IEM, rather on ear or over ear. Still, suggestions on IEM is still welcomed & considered.

Not so much an audiophile, rather seeking for headphones to wear during flight or daily commute. Thus the comfort level ought to be tolerable. And as sometimes I wear my sweater hoodie, a slim/low profile design would help.

Suggestions, please...
Can consider Beyerdynamic DTX501P. It is on ear, quite comfortable for wearing. But the cable is not detachable. Sound wise quite clean with strong dynamic and punchy bass. Other wise, can also consider M40X, it's foldable with detachable cable, size is bigger.

QUOTE(anoris wen @ Apr 19 2015, 12:50 AM)
Need help from any Sifu to recommend earphones

- Rig = laptop, Smartphone, Mp3 players
- What type of usage - movies, gaming, music.
- File format used in source = Any type
- Genre of music listen to = Pop, Classical, Jazz.(Need bass)
- Earphone type = IEM preferred.
- Other requirements = Noise isolation.

Budget = RM300 - RM400

Need help, Please ? smile.gif
Can consider ATH IM70. The sound stage is large, clean with good amount of bass. Not as warm and bassy as the brother IM50 but suitable for the music genre that you listen.

QUOTE(malik229 @ Apr 20 2015, 03:16 PM)
my beyerdynamic XP3 died last week. thinking about buying new xioami piston 2015. is it good?
Can also consider Ostry KC06A if you are looking for better details IEM with tighter bass.

QUOTE(Nickeolosophy @ Apr 21 2015, 08:59 PM)
Hi all sifus, newbie here. I am looking for a headphone.
Details as below. TQTQ biggrin.gif

-Budget: ~RM250 (Max RM300)
- Your rig: Laptop Toshiba Satellite, Phone LG G3, Apple iPad Air
- What type of usage: Music, Gaming, Movie
- File format used in your source: mostly MP3, MP4, MKV
- Genre of music you listen to: Pop, Country
- Headphone/ earphone type: Prefer closed headphone
- Other requirements: Volume control (optional)
Can consider Superlux HD681 Evo if you don't mind semi open. Or Superlux HD669 for close back.
Audio Technica M30X is also another option.

In terms of technicality, Superlux has better performance such as details, separation, sound stage.
In terms of musicality, Ath is better. It has smoother sound and more mature sound tuning. Build quality is better.

QUOTE(1234_4321 @ Apr 21 2015, 11:18 PM)
Rig: LG Nexus Phone, Laptop
Usage: Music
File format used in source: Mp3
Genre of Music: Pop, soft rock
Budget: +-RM100

Looking for earbuds earphone, most likely like those free earphone coming with hand phone purchase,
but need to look for better quality of sound.
There're alot of choices in lawyat, but cannot try before buying.
So always get the unsatisfied 1

Sound Requirement:
---------------------
Bass: Clear, but dun strong and booming feel
Clear enough to listen & identify each instrument

Most importantly is each instrument need to integrate in balance.
Some earphone bass sound cover all other soft sound and hard to identify.

Is that any earphone to recommend or look for?

Thanks all sifu tongue.gif
Can consider Superlux HD381 series. With good clarity and details that hardly find on other IEM at the same price range.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1563sec    1.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 09:51 AM