Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphones/ Earphones Recomendation Corner V10, ask options here

views

austinjklim
post Oct 1 2014, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Want to ask advice on m50/m50x. Is the bass level on m50 considered okay? I don't want too high bass like beats but more than average bass level. Just bought m40x and bass level wasn't what i really want(had to adjust eqaulizer on my i5s)
austinjklim
post Oct 2 2014, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(raeimad @ Oct 1 2014, 10:39 PM)
On your laptop/phone, m50x has a lot more bass than m40x.
I compared the amount of bass (the punchiness) with beats mixr, studio and solo hd (also the wireless one), and I would say m50x has more bass (and detail). The mids and and highs are also much better.
Thanks bro. Anyone else can justify this? Been listening on the M40x for an hour plus. I found out that it does have really nice quality but i wish the bass was stronger. I might trade mine for a used m50 biggrin.gif
austinjklim
post Oct 2 2014, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Thanks man. Btw does "burn in" really makes a difference? I mean i read a lot of reviews that m40/m50 need some burning in to get the most out of them.
austinjklim
post Oct 2 2014, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Thanks bro. I also thought of getting an amp to see if it really helps out the bass. Find out that I'm playing on Max volume both on my PC and iphone. I downloaded a secondary eq tweak(jailbroken iPhone) so that the bass will be much better. But I wasn't feeling the bass that i was looking for.

Anyone else can help out? Does getting an amp will improve the bass on the M40x?
austinjklim
post Oct 3 2014, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Well said sir. I did come across a thread about this. Anyway, for a budget DAC iphone 5s, how much does one cost?
austinjklim
post Oct 3 2014, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Sorry sir sad.gif I didn't know haha. Your from kk bro? Nice meeting ya
austinjklim
post Dec 2 2014, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Guys i going to swinburne sarawak to study so i trying to find a nice headphones to replace my Altec Lansing Vs4121 biggrin.gif

Your rig: Lenovo Z500 / Iphone5s with equalizer tweak
- What type of usage: everyday? when i want to listen to music?
- File format used in your source: 320kbps or 128kbps mp3
- Genre of music you listen to: Most music on Billboards, J-Pop,J-rock, Trance, Chinese Music(Those sibeh emo songs like 泡沫 haha)
- Headphone/ earphone type: Closed(Cuz i dont want other ppl hearing me) or earphones
- Budget: Rm500 or below. But basically its must a value for money or best bang for the buck headphone :D

I basically hear different gernes of song depending on my mood. But mostly Anime music, Chinese music, English songs(From anaconda to ne-yo biggrin.gif), and Trance or Chillax music(Bass but chill) So im trying to find a bassy headphones with great clarity. I've tried the ATH-M40x and it was almost perfect just that the bass wasnt strong enough.

This post has been edited by austinjklim: Dec 2 2014, 11:22 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1292sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:19 PM