Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphones/ Earphones Recomendation Corner V10, ask options here

views

Mistletoe_Miracle
post Feb 26 2021, 03:13 AM

4 posts

Hey guys! My first time posting here and I'm looking for advise on what to get for a wireless earphones/buds with internal storage. I plan to use them mostly during my workouts.

I've done some research and the closest I could find is the Samsung Gear IconX 2018, which is a couple of years old; the latest models of Samsung Buds do not come with any in-built storags. Been looking around and I found sellers offering them first/secondhand within the range of RM299-599 (I know that there are 2 variants to this model).

What are your thoughts on this? Or does anyone have a better recommendation? Just wanted to reiterate that internal storage is pretty important to me. At this point I'm willing to snap up a good deal on an original Gear IconX if the price is right.

Thanks in advance!
Mistletoe_Miracle
post Feb 26 2021, 04:37 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Feb 26 2021, 09:54 AM)
Can't just pair it with your phone? then use straps for phone or put in small bag.
Bluetooth have decent range, I use such pairing during my workout.
I just don't wanna bring my phone out for a night run, that's why I'm looking for one that has an inbuilt storage
Mistletoe_Miracle
post Feb 26 2021, 10:59 PM

4 posts

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! But can anyone comment on the Gear IconX 2018? I find mixed reviews mostly online, so I'm looking for personal testimonials here. Truth be told, I find the 'buds style' pretty appealing (also a Samsung fan).
Mistletoe_Miracle
post Feb 27 2021, 07:37 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(sulfuriq @ Feb 27 2021, 12:05 AM)
Now I'm getting confuse whether you want to bring along your smartphone or not since these features need a smartphone to functions.
Just buy yourself an armband like Karrimor, pop in your phone. Bluetooth to your the best TWS Earfun and Mi Band 5/fitness watch and run.

As for me, I'm using KZ AS10 with Bluetooth Adapter APTX-HD connected to OnePlus 7T and Mi Band 5 and my wife with her MPOW Flame S APTH-HD with her Samsung A71 for our daily dawn running, and of course both of us using Karrimor Arm Band for our smartphones. If you truly don't want to bring your phone then opt for smartwatch that have Bluetooth and storage for your audio files. And these smartwatch can also track your GPS, heartbeat, steps, sleep and oxygen level. So it based on what you need not what you want. If you are too focus on brand you'll missed out all other brands that have more features and values.
I'm also confused now - I thought that the Gear IconX has in-built memory and can function like an mp3?

Anyways thanks for the suggestion on pairing it with the Smartwatch, didn't know that it was possible until i spoke to a Samsung sales person earlier (before i read your post). The overall cost would be alot higher though

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1280sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 PM