Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphones/ Earphones Recomendation Corner V10, ask options here

views

EthanHans
post May 23 2017, 10:04 AM

11 posts

- Your rig -Samsung Galaxy S7E, Laptop
- What type of usage (Music Only)- Music and Movies
- File format used in your source - Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)
- Genre of music you listen to - EDM
- Headphone/ earphone type - IEM
- Budget < 350
- Other requirements - Bluetooth, No earhook

Lost my beyerdynamic xp3 in gym... so i need a replacement for it... Need some recommendations from all the sifus here.

Thanks!
leCat
post May 23 2017, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

- Your rig > PC & Nexus 5X
- What type of usage > Gaming & Music
- File format used in your source > Spotify only tongue.gif
- Genre of music you listen to > Pop, EDM, Some new hits playlist
- Headphone/ earphone type > Prefer IEM, inline microphone is a bonus
- Other requirements > inline microphone is a bonus, don't mind if its not there

budget RM180 less

thanks biggrin.gif
chubbyqq
post May 25 2017, 11:04 AM

Casual
435 posts

- Budget: RM200 +/-
- Your rig: xiaomi mi3
- What type of usage: running, jogging, workout
- File format used in your source: spotify: mp3, mp4
- Genre of music you listen to: rock, pop, hiphop, workout songs, edm
- Headphone/ earphone type: IEM
- Other requirements (if any): Volume control, if possible store songs so no need to access from phone

- Budget: RM500 +/-
- Your rig: PC, ipad mini 4, xiaomi mi3
- What type of usage: gaming (mostly), movies, music, online stream (youtube), outside walking
- File format used in your source: idk... all?
- Genre of music you listen to: rock, pop, hiphop, jazz, 70s-80s songs, radio
- Headphone/ earphone type: Preferably over ear with a good ear cup but IEM works too
- Other requirements (if any): Volume control, playbank etc

UnknownH
post May 26 2017, 03:46 AM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

Hi all. First of all I'm not very much of audiophile. Just a casual user that appreciates good sound.
For the moment I'm using Xiaomi Piston 3 for about 2 years. Loved it! Using it as general purpose for multimedia for laptop and smartphone(handsfree, music, movies).
Mostly on mp3 and slowly to aac and m4a. No lossless at the moment.
I'm eyeing for a replacement in the future just in case the earphone broke(sound still great but aesthetically looks poor now).
Anyhow for price under RM100, is Mi Piston 4 Hybrid is the perfect replacement? How does it compare to the one in the link below(does anyone had experience with it)?
http://www.lazada.com.my/kinera-bd005-in-e...3-23049618.html

This post has been edited by UnknownH: May 26 2017, 03:46 AM
muhammadsiddiq
post May 26 2017, 07:41 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ May 26 2017, 03:46 AM)
Hi all. First of all I'm not very much of audiophile. Just a casual user that appreciates good sound.
For the moment I'm using Xiaomi Piston 3 for about 2 years. Loved it! Using it as general purpose for multimedia for laptop and smartphone(handsfree, music, movies).
I'm eyeing for a replacement in the future just in case the earphone broke(sound still great but aesthetically looks poor now).
Anyhow for price under RM100, is Mi Piston 4 Hybrid is the perfect replacement? How does it compare to the one in the link below(does anyone had experience with it)?
Im also looking for a middle entry iem, and currently eyeing rock zircon.
check it out bro,
https://audiobudget.com/product/ROCK/Zircon

brows.gif
leon24
post May 26 2017, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi sifus need help again,

- My rig: Desktop mostly but occasionally use on phone
- What type of usage - Gaming 40/60 Movie Music
- File format used in your source - Youtube, VLC, QQ and soletime use on phone
- Genre of music you listen to - Mix of everything
- Headphone/ earphone type - Any type
- Other requirements - Preferably have mic because needed for gaming.
- Budget- RM1000

-Side note : I currently own a OneMore Triple Driver and Kingston HyperX cloud 2. Phillips fidelio x2 macamyes?

ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(muhammadsiddiq @ May 26 2017, 07:41 AM)
check it out bro,
brows.gif
Rock Zircon consider cheap cheap bro, not even entry level 😅 Personally I owned one though and I would highly recommend it if you're coming from stock earbuds for your smartphone or the Apple Earpods, sound quality much better than those.

It has quite a lot of bass, but still clear at all ranges, only the treble does not extend too much. Still, it's suitable for most modern music and quite fun and engaging to listen to for the cheap price. Just make sure you get a good seal in your ears, as do all iems.

Be warned though that the build quality although quite good, it feels a bit fragile at the cables due to their thinness, so you might want to take care of it a bit (eg. Don't shove them into your pocket without a pouch or better yet, a case. Applies to all earphones actually if you want them to live long, even the Apple Earpods)

I remember it's sold at Lazada at a lower price from Aliexpress, as the international price has gone up due to its popularity.

Also recommend you to google VE Monk Plus. These are really good earbuds for really good value, but it has its pros and cons as well. It's much cheaper than the Zircon, buying either from aliexpress or taobao. Recommend you go research it a bit. Lowyat's main website has a review of it, for example.

Good hunting!
UnknownH
post May 26 2017, 11:17 AM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(muhammadsiddiq @ May 26 2017, 07:41 AM)
check it out bro,
brows.gif
It's cheaper than both too!
What a site! Was expecting a hybrid(BA+DD) would be at the top of the list(Even Mi Piston v4 far down on the list). Guess I was wrong.

This post has been edited by UnknownH: May 26 2017, 11:18 AM
ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ May 26 2017, 03:46 AM)
Like Muhammad said, go to audiobudget.com and have a look at his awarded earphones ranking. All those are really great sound for good value, often around the RM 100 range or even cheaper. Just remember that they're budget earphones, they have their pros and cons, just like your Xiaomi Piston 3.

Personally, I tried out the Xiaomi Hybrid (older version, not sure if this one is it as they have very confusing names, but all reviews recommend the newer one), and it sounds different from your Xiaomi Piston 3. Where the Piston 3 is more balanced sound, the Hybrid is more V shaped sound, meaning bass and treble stronger, while mids are more recessed. Simply speaking, that means the Hybrids have stronger sound for bass and drums and electric guitars(high notes) and cymbals, as they're somewhere at the bass and treble range, while vocals are not as strong. Xiaomi Piston 3 is also Vshaped, but more balanced and clearer for vocals. Also I find the Hybrid's bass to sometimes overpower the vocals, which I don't like. But it's still good for modern music, and more electric kind of music. Also the design and build really really nice! Just the sound not to my taste lol.

The newer Hybrid (called Hybrid Pro I think, design more rounded looking) I've read has improved on the sound, making it more balanced and clear. You can try reading some reviews on Head-fi.org to get some ideas.

Good luck!
UnknownH
post May 26 2017, 11:38 AM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(ChrisNoob @ May 26 2017, 11:25 AM)
Like Muhammad said, go to audiobudget.com and have a look at his awarded earphones ranking. All those are really great sound for good value, often around the RM 100 range or even cheaper. Just remember that they're budget earphones, they have their pros and cons, just like your Xiaomi Piston 3.

Personally, I tried out the Xiaomi Hybrid (older version, not sure if this one is it as they have very confusing names, but all reviews recommend the newer one), and it sounds different from your Xiaomi Piston 3. Where the Piston 3 is more balanced sound, the Hybrid is more V shaped sound, meaning bass and treble stronger,  while mids are more recessed. Simply speaking, that means the Hybrids have stronger sound for bass and drums and electric guitars(high notes) and cymbals, as they're somewhere at the bass and treble range, while vocals are not as strong. Xiaomi Piston 3 is also Vshaped, but more balanced and clearer for vocals. Also I find the Hybrid's bass to sometimes overpower the vocals, which I don't like. But it's still good for modern music, and more electric kind of music. Also the design and build really really nice! Just the sound not to my taste lol.

The newer Hybrid (called Hybrid Pro I think, design more rounded looking) I've read has improved on the sound, making it more balanced and clear. You can try reading some reviews on Head-fi.org to get some ideas.

Good luck!
Never knew it before there are Mi Piston V5 and V4. Thank you for the heads up!
I like the recommendation from Muhammad though. Is there some kind of tube/sleeve that we can use to strengthen the cable? Thing looks fragile sweat.gif
ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ May 26 2017, 11:38 AM)
Never knew it before there are Mi Piston V5 and  V4. Thank you for the heads up!
I like the recommendation from Muhammad though. Is there some kind of tube/sleeve that we can use to strengthen the cable? Thing looks fragile sweat.gif
You can try using heatshrink for the cables at the 2 housings and maybe also the jack, but proper storage of your IEMs are better I think. Get a cheap earphone case from Daiso, learn how to coil your earphones using the Over/Under Method, and use Velcro ties or wire ties to secure them when not in use. These can minimize the risk of damaging your IEMs, and with proper care should last you a few years, but really though for something so cheap you might as well just buy a new one every year and try out all the different earphones for their sound signatures and find the one you like. cool2.gif

If you want better build quality though, just go for the Xiaomi Hybrids, they are built really nicely and they have 3-button remote for Android as well. Of course, the same storage methods apply if you want them to last, but there's less risk of damage.
UnknownH
post May 26 2017, 12:05 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(ChrisNoob @ May 26 2017, 11:57 AM)
You can try using heatshrink for the cables at the 2 housings and maybe also the jack, but proper storage of your IEMs are better I think. Get a cheap earphone case from Daiso, learn how to coil your earphones using the Over/Under Method, and use Velcro ties or wire ties to secure them when not in use. These can minimize the risk of damaging your IEMs, and with proper care should last you a few years, but really though for something so cheap you might as well just buy a new one every year and try out all the different earphones for their sound signatures and find the one you like.  cool2.gif

If you want better build quality though, just go for the Xiaomi Hybrids, they are built really nicely and they have 3-button remote for Android as well. Of course, the same storage methods apply if you want them to last, but there's less risk of damage.
The current Piston 3 really serves me well. Very durable, took a lot of beatings. Left it here and there, on the bed while sleeping(not sure how many time I rolled over it), put inside bag. But I always coiled it before putting it inside the bag. Not sure if this is the correct method but I've been doing it for the past few years.
user posted image
ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ May 26 2017, 12:05 PM)
The current Piston 3 really serves me well. Very durable, took a lot of beatings. Left it here and there, on the bed while sleeping(not sure how many time I rolled over it), put inside bag. But I always coiled it before putting it inside the bag. Not sure if this is the correct method but I've been doing it for the past few years.
user posted image
I do that for my VE Monk as well, as they're really sturdy and durable but so cheap I just abuse it haha. Won't really damage the IEMs though as it doesn't put stress at the housing and jack. I did it a few times for the Rock Zircon, but I find that the cable will get bent out of shape after some time near the jack so I use the over/under method instead. Supposedly audio guys coil their cable with the over/under method so the wires can last longer and also not get tangled. You can also throw it outwards and it uncoils in a straight line. Personally though, I use that method cuz it keeps my Zircon's cable looking nice without bending it out of shape.

Btw, go check out the MEMT X5 at audiobudget.com, it's the author's newest favourite replacing his Zircons!
UnknownH
post May 26 2017, 12:49 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(ChrisNoob @ May 26 2017, 12:23 PM)
I do that for my VE Monk as well, as they're really sturdy and durable but so cheap I just abuse it haha. Won't really damage the IEMs though as it doesn't put stress at the housing and jack. I did it a few times for the Rock Zircon, but I find that the cable will get bent out of shape after some time near the jack so I use the over/under method instead. Supposedly audio guys coil their cable with the over/under method so the wires can last longer and also not get tangled. You can also throw it outwards and it uncoils in a straight line. Personally though, I use that method cuz it keeps my Zircon's cable looking nice without bending it out of shape.

Btw, go check out the MEMT X5 at audiobudget.com, it's the author's newest favourite replacing his Zircons!
Yep. Currently eyeing into that too. From the reviews, it seems like MEMT X5 is superior in build quality(as well as the sound experience) than Zircons. The colour option though. Too err.. fancy imo.
muhammadsiddiq
post May 26 2017, 12:54 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(ChrisNoob @ May 26 2017, 11:09 AM)
Rock Zircon consider cheap cheap bro, not even entry level 😅 Personally I owned one though and I would highly recommend it if you're coming from stock earbuds for your smartphone or the Apple Earpods, sound quality much better than those.

It has quite a lot of bass, but still clear at all ranges, only the treble does not extend too much. Still, it's suitable for most modern music and quite fun and engaging to listen to for the cheap price. Just make sure you get a good seal in your ears, as do all iems.

Be warned though that the build quality although quite good, it feels a bit fragile at the cables due to their thinness, so you might want to take care of it a bit (eg. Don't shove them into your pocket without a pouch or better yet, a case. Applies to all earphones actually if you want them to live long, even the Apple Earpods)

I remember it's sold at Lazada at a lower price from Aliexpress, as the international price has gone up due to its popularity.

Also recommend you to google VE Monk Plus. These are really good earbuds for really good value, but it has its pros and cons as well. It's much cheaper than the Zircon, buying either from aliexpress or taobao. Recommend you go research it a bit. Lowyat's main website has a review of it, for example.

Good hunting!
yyeah already review monk.
i am not really audiophile person but i have final audio design adogio 2 biggrin.gif ,
and just want to find cheaper one around 50-100, in my list is tennmak pro, kz zs3 /s3 have u try it?

and i like to try this kind of iem, bcoz mine FAD2 is just a like a usual design.

user posted image

This post has been edited by muhammadsiddiq: May 26 2017, 12:58 PM
shirley_andy
post May 26 2017, 01:20 PM

VR Hardware Solution Provider
2,624 posts

Please recommend durable earphone with decent sound

JBL T210 vs Mi Piston V4 Hybrid IEM

ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ May 26 2017, 12:49 PM)
Yep. Currently eyeing into that too. From the reviews, it seems like MEMT X5 is superior in build quality(as well as the sound experience) than Zircons. The colour option though. Too err.. fancy imo.
Same here, the colours are too girly hahaha. Currently planning to get an entry level Hi-fi IEM, so didn't plan on getting that now. Still curious on how it sounds though.
ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(muhammadsiddiq @ May 26 2017, 12:54 PM)
yyeah already review monk.
i am not really audiophile person but i have final audio design adogio 2  biggrin.gif ,
and just want to find cheaper one around 50-100, in my list is  tennmak pro, kz zs3 /s3 have u try it?

and i like to try this kind of iem, bcoz mine FAD2 is just a like a usual design.

user posted image
Wow~ So high end! I haven't tried out any of the ones you mentioned, but I did set my eyes on the tennmak pro a while ago. Tennmak seems to have better quality control to the KZ, but KZ looks so much cooler! I chose tennmak pro cuz according to reviews it suits my sound preference more though.

In terms of over ear iems, personally I don't find them comfortable if the housing is too big or heavy, prefer more the traditional cable down style. The Shure SE215 though were very comfortable to my ears, which the tennmak pro is similarly designed, to my surprise.

You could go try the TFZ Series 1, which has similar design with the KZ, and sounds quite good as well. They're priced around RM 100++, still quite affordable. You can try out the demo at Stars Picker Audio, near Sunway Giza at Kota Damansara. The owners are very friendly and helpful with recommendations. They have a sale for TFZ going on as well, as they're clearing out old stocks.
ChrisNoob
post May 26 2017, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ May 26 2017, 01:20 PM)
Please recommend durable earphone with decent sound

JBL T210 vs Mi Piston V4 Hybrid IEM
Never tried the JBL before but the Xiaomi ones are a good buy for decent sound and build quality for the price. I suspect JBL might have a more bassy sound though, as are most of their products.
muhammadsiddiq
post May 26 2017, 03:13 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(ChrisNoob @ May 26 2017, 02:03 PM)
Wow~ So high end! I haven't tried out any of the ones you mentioned, but I did set my eyes on the tennmak pro a while ago. Tennmak seems to have better quality control to the KZ, but KZ looks so much cooler! I chose tennmak pro cuz according to reviews it suits my sound preference more though.

In terms of over ear iems, personally I don't find them comfortable if the housing is too big or heavy, prefer more the traditional cable down style. The Shure SE215 though were very comfortable to my ears, which the tennmak pro is similarly designed, to my surprise.

You could go try the TFZ Series 1, which has similar design with the KZ, and sounds quite good as well. They're priced around RM 100++, still quite affordable. You can try out the demo at Stars Picker Audio, near Sunway Giza at Kota Damansara. The owners are very friendly and helpful with recommendations. They have a sale for TFZ going on as well, as they're clearing out old stocks.
kz zst i check in lazada cheapest is rm62. Need ur opinion either this or rock ziricon. 😂

307 Pages « < 164 165 166 167 168 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0260sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:46 PM