Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
131 Pages « < 101 102 103 104 105 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kitchen Cabinet v3, ...where the heart of the house is...

views

qwerty223
post Jan 14 2018, 01:34 AM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Dec 30 2017, 06:45 PM)
but this type cannot withstand much surface scratches. quite easily scratch.
This is not correct. A thick coat of PU paint plus PU gloss or acrylic coat will be hard to scratch and will last almost forever if not exposed to sun.

You also asked about if acrylic wrapped board can be tapered or rounded edge. The answer is yes. But you seemed not fully understand that acrylic is not limited to panel for lamination. In Malaysia the so called acrylic is delivered in the form of 3G/4G or whatever that means, those with that fugly alu extrusion as frame. But acrylic can also be in liquid form to be applied with spray gun or thin sheets that wrap around panels directly or on top of painted board with heat press and high end ones use heat form with vacuum. But you will rarely see workshop here has this capability.

If you are on budget then use it strategically. The carcass use polywood, door panel and drawer use MFD or whatever cheap shit that fits your budget. Remember door, drawers and even your top comes and go but your carcass stays. As for surfacing just use lamination la. You can relam every 10 years to keep it up to date. Relam is very easy, just that all workshop will scare you one.

QUOTE(advocado @ Dec 30 2017, 07:16 PM)
for the spray paint, i think it's plywood because MDF might not hold on together enough if it's just the thick paint holding them together. but the paint is really really thick that it looks just like a glossier Acrylic. the manufacturing process also more difficult but i believe it's also popular for dining tables & tv cabinets. really expensive.
Any panel can be painted. But a good paint process need to be "roast" the word you used, aka oven cured. Then need to buff or polish. The oven cure takes a day and buff and polish take equal time. Very labour intensive.

Actually a good lamination of formica also need to be vacuum cured. But in malaysia, not many workshop even aware of this procedure. Only a few factories is doing it.

veron4best
post Jan 14 2018, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(qwerty223 @ Jan 14 2018, 01:34 AM)
This is not correct. A thick coat of PU paint plus PU gloss or acrylic coat will be hard to scratch and will last almost forever if not exposed to sun.

Any panel can be painted. But a good paint process need to be "roast" the word you used, aka oven cured. Then need to buff or polish. The oven cure takes a day and buff and polish take equal time. Very labour intensive.

Means in Ikea those kind, they use just a cheap type of coating at easily fall off/scratched off?

Ah! Oven roasted? Something like powder coated?
SUSadvocado
post Jan 14 2018, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

You also asked about if acrylic wrapped board can be tapered or rounded edge. The answer is yes. But you seemed not fully understand that acrylic is not limited to panel for lamination. In Malaysia the so called acrylic is delivered in the form of 3G/4G or whatever that means, those with that fugly alu extrusion as frame. But acrylic can also be in liquid form to be applied with spray gun or thin sheets that wrap around panels directly or on top of painted board with heat press and high end ones use heat form with vacuum. But you will rarely see workshop here has this capability.

If you are on budget then use it strategically. The carcass use polywood, door panel and drawer use MFD or whatever cheap shit that fits your budget. Remember door, drawers and even your top comes and go but your carcass stays. As for surfacing just use lamination la. You can relam every 10 years to keep it up to date. Relam is very easy, just that all workshop will scare you one.

Actually a good lamination of formica also need to be vacuum cured. But in malaysia, not many workshop even aware of this procedure. Only a few factories is doing it.

hi, i disagree that acrylic needs alu frames. i've seen most shops don't use frames on acrylic cabinet doors & panels. no reason to use since acrylic boards come in 1 piece wrapped.

and there are 2 types of acrylic, both without the alum frame. normal one is like laminated wood you can see small gap between the 4 sides & surface. the more expensive ones doesn't have any gap with the sides and it's just 1 piece acrylic on wood. the one with gap is more subject to scratches on the edges and doesn't look at nice. the one without gap is around 20-30% more expensive.
qwerty223
post Jan 14 2018, 11:25 AM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Jan 14 2018, 09:10 AM)
Means in Ikea those kind, they use just a cheap type of coating at easily fall off/scratched off?
Ah! Oven roasted? Something like powder coated?
Ikea cures their paint job in paint booth too, but just that they picked the cheapest product to use.

Chinese nomenclature is a bit confusing. Not exactly roasted every time. Depends on product used and the finishing the producer aimed for. It could be simply elevated room temp at 40-50C all the way to 250C and sometimes 350C for short period. Powder coating and spray paint is not the same. Powder coating is really coating the item with powder. The powder will melt aka expand in high temp oven.
saiful faudzi
post Jan 18 2018, 09:02 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

Guys need your advise. Feel been cheated. Paid almost 8k for only 3G cabinet (existing concrete top). There not put any playwood at the back and bottom part. Is this normal for base cabinet? I attached 3d design as well to figure the feet. Thanks in advance sifu!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
dosnx
post Jan 18 2018, 09:26 AM

insaflah
697 posts

QUOTE(saiful faudzi @ Jan 18 2018, 09:02 AM)
Guys need your advise. Feel been cheated. Paid almost 8k for only 3G cabinet (existing concrete top). There not put any playwood at the back and bottom part. Is this normal for base cabinet? I attached 3d design as well to figure the feet. Thanks in advance sifu!
for 8k u deserve better than this
saiful faudzi
post Jan 18 2018, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(dosnx @ Jan 18 2018, 09:26 AM)
for 8k u deserve better than this
Exactly..no freegift at all..my mistake as well..all agreement done verbally and no proper quotation given...😢😢
hlily
post Jan 18 2018, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,059 posts

RM 8k is expensive....by looking at the drawing and make assumption on measurement...roughly can get around RM6.5k with blockboard material for body and 3G glass door
ijan
post Jan 18 2018, 11:53 AM

The one with a boring life...
3,444 posts

8k for that..wow...just WOW...WOW

Trick of the trade, you can order custom made door from factory somehwere in Selangor, at RM15+ per sqft for laminated chipboard, and RM30+ for your so called 3G glass (acrylic) and almost 40 for solid acrylic doors

These KC makers buat carcass saja (frame) and order doors from factory.

Doors are PIA to make yourself, but the cost is very cheap
bearbearwong
post Jan 19 2018, 02:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,532 posts

looking for affordable kitchen cabinet... wonder any good pricing
movanns
post Jan 19 2018, 09:54 AM

On my way
683 posts

Good Morning dear fellow. I would like to enquire for contacts that able to do a stainless steel backsplash for my kitchen cabinet. Your help is much appreciated. Did asked few places n KC shop, they not doing rhe SS backsplash.
ask_dino
post Jan 19 2018, 12:07 PM

DS is the name
736 posts

at least they should have put plywood at the back to cover up the existing tiles/wall sad.gif
saiful faudzi
post Jan 19 2018, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ask_dino @ Jan 19 2018, 12:07 PM)
at least they should have put plywood at the back to cover up the existing tiles/wall  sad.gif
Yes, my 1st experienced and the worst ever...Today will go to meet the sales designer to complaint..
crusher
post Jan 20 2018, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,340 posts

QUOTE(movanns @ Jan 19 2018, 09:54 AM)
Good Morning dear fellow. I would like to enquire for contacts that able to do a stainless steel backsplash for my kitchen cabinet. Your help is much appreciated. Did asked few places n KC shop, they not doing rhe SS backsplash.
Bro I am surveying for myself between stainless steel or tempered glass backsplash. Why u choose stainless steel instead?
passionfruitwagon
post Jan 20 2018, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(saiful faudzi @ Jan 19 2018, 05:27 PM)
Yes, my 1st experienced and the worst ever...Today will go to meet the sales designer to complaint..
From which KC ?
veron4best
post Jan 21 2018, 09:04 AM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(movanns @ Jan 19 2018, 09:54 AM)
but i heard about SS backsplash is not that good for hob area as it heated up easily.

Anyone can clarify on this?

why not tile backsplash? subway tiles?

Attached Image

veron4best
post Jan 21 2018, 09:05 AM

Regular
1,146 posts

my parents home, they r doing exactly like your photos. price wise i believe urs is a little overpriced.
qwerty223
post Jan 21 2018, 10:55 AM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Jan 21 2018, 09:04 AM)
but i heard about SS backsplash is not that good for hob area as it heated up easily.

Anyone can clarify on this?

why not tile backsplash? subway tiles?

Attached Image
no la, those worried too much. Its not like you are doing industrial scale of high heat cooking.

beside tiles, there are also tempered glass, ceramic panel and what not.
WhitE LighteR
post Jan 21 2018, 11:06 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

wow.. cheating bugger do such thing. u need to share the company name out to avoid other people get cheated also. if they wan to fix it they will need to remove and redo all in such case....
swoosh88
post Jan 21 2018, 02:59 PM

34 posts

Dear all,

I would like to do a kitchen cabinet for my new condo, which is meant for renting/leasing purpose.

The bottom cabinet size is 6ft x 2 ft, with 3 swing doors and 1 row of pull-out cabinets, with 1 normal sink

The top cabinet size is 6ft x 1ft, with 4 swing doors.

May i know the estimated cost if I use:

(a) concrete + tiles for bottom cabinet + melamine board for top cabinet
(b) solid surface + melamine board for bottom cabinet + melamine board for top cabinet

Is option (a) or (b) easier to maintain and longer lasting?

Any good contractors to recommend based on your experience?

Thanks a lot for the advice/sharing.

131 Pages « < 101 102 103 104 105 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0360sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 AM