Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review [REVIEW] Asus RT-N14UHP, High Power Router/AP/Repeater

views

faezfahmi618
post Jan 10 2015, 08:24 PM

Casual
435 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Jan 10 2015, 07:53 PM)
Ohh forgot to add QoS exception haha. If you use QoS it;s another story smile.gif
with your experience doing review for routers, which routers is good for multiple user that use for online gaming and downloading at the same time but it doesn't effect the ping at all?
still finding which routers that meet my requirement sad.gif
stormyz
post Jan 10 2015, 10:55 PM

Thread Killer
593 posts

QUOTE(faezfahmi618 @ Jan 10 2015, 12:32 PM)
so if someone torrenting 24/7 the guy who playing online game still get nice ping? hmm.gif
their usage in torrenting is not that heavy yet. so even when they torrenting, the lag time for gaming maybe for few minutes only.
TSKeyMochi
post Jan 12 2015, 03:49 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(faezfahmi618 @ Jan 10 2015, 08:24 PM)
with your experience doing review for routers, which routers is good for multiple user that use for online gaming and downloading at the same time but it doesn't effect the ping at all?
still finding which routers that meet my requirement  sad.gif
It depends actually. You have to be more specific for the multiple user. Are they all going for torrent and heavy direct download or just watching YouTube videos and normal web surfing. The most important is your internet package that you are currently subscribe. Even if you buy a RM 1000+ router but only subscribe to Streamyx 1 Mbps, it won't make any difference and the network performance will be still decrease due to the bandwidth usage.

My answer to your question is as long as it's not ISP stock router (TM for example), it should be fine. I assume if other users just using the net for normal web surfing it won't affect your ping as long as you have sufficient bandwidth. Heavy downloads and torrents, no. Asus N12HP is good and affordable. Can be use for long term. Hope I answer your question smile.gif
lisiang
post Jan 12 2015, 12:00 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(stormyz @ Jan 7 2015, 03:01 PM)
i change my stock unifi to this. Currently connecting with 10 pc/laptop and 10 mobile phone , it seems like no problem at all. Running at 10mb home unifi setup , torrenting is not a problem as well as online gaming was quite acceptable since it shares by over 20 platform.

at first i was quite reluctant to buy this almost RM300 product(small and seems unreliable), but now im a happy landlord now with no more complains from all my tenants.

The range itself can cover my whole house, add around 20 - 30%(compare to stock unifi router/modem) coverage to the whole entire house with a lot partition.

2 months usage now and have not encounter any problem with it.
I really do hope my ex-tenants are free enough to surf all these. It was a 10mbps unifi but somehow worse than my umobile phone internet. Can you imagine that sad.gif
yyteik
post Jan 21 2015, 11:51 PM

..::Upgraded::..
1,172 posts

Planning to get one because of the vpn feature and price. Anyone tried the vpn feature? Does it work?

Disregard dynamic or fixed ip issue. It doesn't matter dynamic or fixed, in theory as long as we can get the ip it will work right? Just want to know whether it works using unifi. Heard unifi block vpn or something like that.
TSKeyMochi
post Jan 23 2015, 07:28 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(yyteik @ Jan 21 2015, 11:51 PM)
Planning to get one because of the vpn feature and price. Anyone tried the vpn feature? Does it work?

Disregard dynamic or fixed ip issue. It doesn't matter dynamic or fixed, in theory as long as we can get the ip it will work right? Just want to know whether it works using unifi. Heard unifi block vpn or something like that.
VPN doesn't work with UniFi if I'm not mistaken
mugenz
post Jan 28 2015, 09:53 AM

hmmmm..
1,300 posts

Sorry, i just changed to this from old TPLink.

how to do you set Google DNS? i only can put in primary DNS.
Xefron
post Jan 28 2015, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,507 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Jan 23 2015, 07:28 PM)
if u wanna create a VPN server it will works.but as a VPN client not sure.
yyteik
post May 16 2015, 12:25 AM

..::Upgraded::..
1,172 posts

QUOTE(yyteik @ Jan 21 2015, 11:51 PM)

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Jan 23 2015, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE(Xefron @ Jan 28 2015, 09:56 AM)
if u wanna create a VPN server it will works.but as a VPN client not sure.
Just got mine from lazada rm230. The Vpn for pptp work like charm. I am virtually getting my office local IP address and network, as if I am in office. All network drive have access and local network program detect my pc as local pc.

Just to update it work for other who are interested.
mamata
post Aug 5 2015, 07:19 PM

better get laid early then regret later on
697 posts

just got mine yesterday
after finish setup all that thing
how to get to the admin page?
it keep saying need username and password

TSKeyMochi
post Aug 6 2015, 02:31 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(mamata @ Aug 5 2015, 07:19 PM)
just got mine yesterday
after finish setup all that thing
how to get to the admin page?
it keep saying need username and password
username: admin
pw: admin
BlizzardCraft
post Sep 28 2015, 12:05 AM

ChiakChiak
1,562 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Jan 12 2015, 03:49 AM)
It depends actually. You have to be more specific for the multiple user. Are they all going for torrent and heavy direct download or just watching YouTube videos and normal web surfing. The most important is your internet package that you are currently subscribe. Even if you buy a RM 1000+ router but only subscribe to Streamyx 1 Mbps, it won't make any difference and the network performance will be still decrease due to the bandwidth usage.

My answer to your question is as long as it's not ISP stock router (TM for example), it should be fine. I assume if other users just using the net for normal web surfing it won't affect your ping as long as you have sufficient bandwidth. Heavy downloads and torrents, no. Asus N12HP is good and affordable. Can be use for long term. Hope I answer your question smile.gif
Hi TS,

I'm using streamyx 8mbps now, not sure about getting this model or TP Link Archer D2 which supports dual band and 802.11AC internet.

I'm a heavy gamer and my house there's up to 6 people using, means 6 laptops and 6 mobile devices.

did you turn ur router off occasionally? if not, isit stable while keeping it on for 24/7?

the TP Link modem , i've read alot positive reviews about it, but i've came across few reviews of it being unstable =(
TSKeyMochi
post Oct 10 2015, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(BlizzardCraft @ Sep 28 2015, 12:05 AM)
Hi TS,

I'm using streamyx 8mbps now, not sure about getting this model or TP Link Archer D2 which supports dual band and 802.11AC internet.

I'm a heavy gamer and my house there's up to 6 people using, means 6 laptops and 6 mobile devices.

did you turn ur router off occasionally? if not, isit stable while keeping it on for 24/7?

the TP Link modem , i've read alot positive reviews about it, but i've came across few reviews of it being unstable =(
Yes I heard that too but on my side the router is quite stable. I tested it for 2 weeks and only once that I have to restart the router because I got connection problem but that's it. This model doesn't support ac wireless

This post has been edited by KeyMochi: Oct 10 2015, 11:01 AM
ktek
post Oct 10 2015, 12:20 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,537 posts

QUOTE(BlizzardCraft @ Sep 28 2015, 12:05 AM)
Hi TS,

endorsed reviews are good as advertisement. not a reference, reality may different.
darkcraw
post Nov 19 2015, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

lazada now selling cheapest also need around rm330+- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... damn currency!
LuL-LeL
post Nov 25 2015, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Jan 12 2015, 03:49 AM)
Can be use for long term.
My previous Asus router (RM300,forgot which model), had served me for 7 years happily. Just replaced it with Asus 14-UHP. So much value.
LuL-LeL
post Nov 25 2015, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(darkcraw @ Nov 19 2015, 10:41 AM)
lazada now selling cheapest also need around rm330+- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... damn currency!
Yea, I bought it when it costs RM299 on ALL IT Hypermart. After just 2 week, the price went up to RM359.
darkcraw
post Nov 25 2015, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(LuL-LeL @ Nov 25 2015, 10:04 AM)
Yea, I bought it when it costs RM299 on ALL IT Hypermart. After just 2 week, the price went up to RM359.
I heard that getting a high gain router like this is not enough... because in networking, it always involves 2 parties (router and device).

So if the router have high signal strength to reach you, but your device is just normal wifi (without high gain signal), your issue is still not solve.

Can someone verify this please?
LuL-LeL
post Nov 25 2015, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(darkcraw @ Nov 25 2015, 04:12 PM)
I heard that getting a high gain router like this is not enough... because in networking, it always involves 2 parties (router and device).

So if the router have high signal strength to reach you, but your device is just normal wifi (without high gain signal), your issue is still not solve.

Can someone verify this please?
what kind of device? modem or your wifi adapter on ur pc?
darkcraw
post Nov 27 2015, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(LuL-LeL @ Nov 25 2015, 04:23 PM)
what kind of device? modem or your wifi adapter on ur pc?
wifi adapter on pc, handphones, tablets, etc as long as it is the receiving end.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:04 PM