Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DSA-Recon-Update Mar 11 - Metal Work, Scratch build by DSA

views

TSsnjvirtual
post Aug 26 2014, 03:27 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
116 posts

user posted image

Hi everyone. I'm starting my second build in Mid August and this is the work log of it from beginning to the end. This is another scratch build, but this one I will use metal for my work

Click HERE if you want to see my first build

This will be one of the smallest Full ATX case that can have 4-way SLI/Crossfire in the world. I will add some innovative functions as well, which are surprises brows.gif

So far Gigabyte has sponsored me with a beautiful mobo which I will be revealing to you later.
GB will use this case for their exhibitions if they need it. So I hope to see it in a booth in exhibitions.

Here are some rendering of the case design. It has colour changing lights and the "Y" that's in all of my mods. stay tuned for the work progress
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I beg you not to ask one thing... Instead I'll answer the question. "Yes! Anything is possible if you want to build it!"
So please let me know what you think thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
A Big thank goes to GIGABYTE for sponsoring my build

Check out our FB page for latest updates HERE

This post has been edited by snjvirtual: Mar 11 2015, 03:47 PM
TSsnjvirtual
post Aug 27 2014, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

Update 27/08
Hello guys and girls of our modding community, today we have a small update. we started working on the prototype build in cardboard.
If you ask me why we do this, it's because we need to make sure all the measurements are correct and everything fits in perfectly before we go into real production using Aluminium.

I'm still in a doubt whether to use Aluminium or Steel, coz Alu is light but Steel is stronger.

Anyway the following pictures are of the side panels. I did it as two parts rather than bending the one whole piece because it's easy to take measurements. So after I finish cutting all the pieces then i will put them together and put up some pics then

user posted image

user posted image
TSsnjvirtual
post Aug 28 2014, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

Update 28/08

Hi guys n gals, update on day 2 of the build,
I didn't have much time going home after my work. but I did some work on the build. I had some problems with the measurements of stuff, so I used the previous box i made for mobo tray and today i will make a new frame.
I was able to make the fan and rad holder, so as in the pics this system can hold a 240 rad. on top If you go with a custom loop then there is enough space for even push pull system. so all together 4x 120 fans there. and on front you can have another 2x 120 fans. so all together this system have space for 6x120 fans and 1x 240 rad

Also it has space for 2 SSDs on front and can have a 30CM tall res with 5cm diameter.
It can also accommodate about 6HDDs

Only negative is that it doesn't have a 5.25 bay. Since I dun use it I decided not to include it.

Here I cut out two circles to give enough airflow through rad to the fans

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
ktek
post Aug 28 2014, 01:59 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

looks like bad guy pc!
TSsnjvirtual
post Aug 28 2014, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Aug 28 2014, 01:59 PM)
looks like bad guy pc!
Thank you Ktek. It will be evil biggrin.gif stay tuned smile.gif

This post has been edited by snjvirtual: Aug 28 2014, 02:36 PM
TSsnjvirtual
post Aug 31 2014, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Hi Guys not much update for today, been cutting shapes and glueing them to see whether it looks like the render. So far it's grt and few more pieces to cut. in pics I didn't attach all. but i've done more. so here are few pics

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 2 2014, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

I got a sheet of MS Steel yesterday. so probably tonight I will start drawing and will try and cut tomorrow. problem is that m on an internship, so everyday leave at 7am and come back at around 6.30 pm :\
Oh yeah and i cut my palm trying to hold the metal sheet :\
I'm planing to mass produce this case. in different materials as well few dif versions. MS steel, Aluminium and Anodized aluminium(premium) and few designs like in the following picture
Alum and Steel one will be powder coated. and I can make stainless steel as well but it will be HEAVY!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

^^ m not gonna sell these in MS Steel and allum, that what i do when m bored biggrin.gif
I'll be back with another update soon

asunakirito
post Sep 6 2014, 09:52 PM

Regular
1,068 posts

Nice design, but how about space efficiency?
It would be nice to have a case to look pretty while being functional nod.gif

This post has been edited by asunakirito: Sep 6 2014, 09:52 PM
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 7 2014, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(asunakirito @ Sep 6 2014, 09:52 PM)
Nice design, but how about space efficiency?
It would be nice to have a case to look pretty while being functional nod.gif
space efficiency wise i got a small problem. it's that it cannot have a 5.25'' optical drive bay. apart from that it will be having liquid cooled system with a 240 rad and reservoirs and stuff. it can also have 2SSDs and few hard drives. the rest is normal
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 9 2014, 01:30 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Hi guys. wondering why i was silent? ah yeah it's because I was busy tryna make a custom spu block. so this is the result of the 1st test. i'm gonna test this and if it has a significant improvement over the air cooling, then i will make a nice clean and neat one.
I still need to cut the metal sheet. been busy with this. :\
user posted image
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 14 2014, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Custom Block in Progress biggrin.gif
user posted image
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 21 2014, 01:24 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

Hi Guys Here is something I started doing before holidays, but only today i did the Acrylic cut. this looks cool, i can't decide whether to pain tthis or now :\here's from A-Z
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

what do you guys think? should i paint it or does it look good this way?
asunakirito
post Sep 21 2014, 07:11 PM

Regular
1,068 posts

QUOTE(snjvirtual @ Sep 21 2014, 01:24 AM)
Hi Guys Here is something I started doing before holidays, but only today i did the Acrylic cut. this looks cool, i can't decide whether to pain tthis or now :\here's from A-Z
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Very nicely made, it reminds me of Asus motherboard that has those covers.
Will look quite awesome once painted to suit the color theme of black/orange motherboard.
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 21 2014, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(asunakirito @ Sep 21 2014, 07:11 PM)
Very nicely made, it reminds me of Asus motherboard that has those covers.
Will look quite awesome  once painted to suit the color theme of black/orange motherboard.
Thanks mate. yeah wanted it to be like an original. but m still thinking whether to paint it or not :\
JakeGFX
post Sep 22 2014, 02:52 AM

On my way
659 posts

what did you use to frost up the acrylic?
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 22 2014, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(JakeGFX @ Sep 22 2014, 02:52 AM)
what did you use to frost up the acrylic?
Simple. sand it nicely with a sand paper. for me i have to sand it a bit more. and i have to glue the parts together.... more updates coming soon :\
Tuah_3
post Sep 23 2014, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(snjvirtual @ Sep 21 2014, 01:24 AM)

user posted image

illuminate with LED
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 23 2014, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(Tuah_3 @ Sep 23 2014, 12:29 PM)
illuminate with LED
yeah i will but not too much smile.gif
abubin
post Sep 23 2014, 04:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

nice idea!! but need to take note on the heat dissipation of the motherboard components.
TSsnjvirtual
post Sep 23 2014, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

i dun think that mobo components will heat that much. + asus is already producing them, so i guess not much of a difference will be there.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 AM