Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Accenture vs Big 4, Internship offer

views

darun
post Sep 13 2006, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

QUOTE(Unbelievable @ Sep 12 2006, 03:45 PM)
soon u realize accenture very hard to get in one..contract or intern maybe easy but permanent? need of high quality abilities and of higher qualities talkingments
Lol, yes, thats exactly and the only thing a person ever needs to get anywhere in the corporate world most of the time, sad but so true!! Wish I have that skill, all other skills comes in behind that rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
derbee
post Oct 4 2006, 11:35 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(cktwai @ Aug 29 2006, 08:49 AM)
Accenture is tempting only if you wanna pursue on IT Consulting/Advisory/Implementation... Resource RGM is under Consulting...

Accenture's starting pay is from 3K onwards. Big4's starting pay is RM 2000-2200 depending on which Big4.

Anyway here are my thoughts... you should take the Accenture internship and give it a try at IT consulting. If you like it after you graduate you'll be in a better position to join them.

If you don't, after you graduate you can still join one of the Big4s. They are dying for staff and if your results meet their minimum requirements they'll surely take you in for Financial Audit.  No worries on whether you've done your internship or not.
cktwai , u mentioned Resource RGM in accenture.
this is under Accenture consulting?
Do you know hows the working environment over there?
Or anyone.....

Mavik
post Oct 4 2006, 05:57 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(derbee @ Oct 4 2006, 11:35 AM)
cktwai , u mentioned Resource RGM in accenture.
this is under Accenture consulting?
Do you know hows the working environment over there?
Or anyone.....
I think the question of any workplace environment is hard to judge because it all depends on the personality of the worker. For example, a person who likes to be motivated and challenged all the time would find a demanding job very meaningful while people who like routine type of work might find operations type of work to be meaningful.
skorpius
post Oct 13 2006, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(Roy_Syd @ Aug 28 2006, 03:21 PM)

For now, i have received an offer for internship with Accenture Malaysia. I am placed under Resources RGM (whatever that means..) as part of the consulting team, i suppose. I have even been assigned to a project manager-guy-person-thing-boss. It's just a matter of accepting the offer.
what do u mean by resources rgm? i think u have mistaken it by resources og.
and one more thing, you may or may not be doing accounting related stuffs. going into resources means that you'll be assigned to project for companies involved in resources (like oil & gas company).

QUOTE(Roy_Syd @ Sep 12 2006, 02:44 PM)
But i just got an update; Accenture really likes to send you off overseas.

Someone was sent to Egypt after only 3 months in starting work, and he's still there now working on a project.

Another guy was sent to Holland on his SECOND day!!

Another guy was also sent to Holland on the day he started~!!

In fact, in my offer letter it's stated that i might be asked to do local or overseas trip with my team. That would be very good experience for an internship!
this depends very much on which project you are assigned to. if it's local based, u'll just stuck here.

good luck and all the best.
Totentanz
post Apr 6 2011, 11:44 AM

8 posts

Hmmm.. Any idea for the internship for IT field?
I mean is it good? I'm Biz student and will it be too unrelated?
HaoYuan
post Apr 6 2011, 12:49 PM

Kai Qi Baby
1,401 posts

big 4 better, more exposure
Totentanz
post Apr 6 2011, 12:55 PM

8 posts

Hmmm.. Really? But I dun reli think that Big4 is not tat easy to enter as an internship. Accenture actually called me for IT internship. Hmm.. Dilemma
kanseiworld
post Jan 28 2014, 06:36 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(Totentanz @ Apr 6 2011, 12:55 PM)
Hmmm.. Really? But I dun reli think that Big4 is not tat easy to enter as an internship. Accenture actually called me for IT internship. Hmm.. Dilemma
Some uni had listed big 4 as internship company and the chances for getting into big 4 is high if ur supervisor know ppl inside, he/she can recommend u get in. My colleague train as intern student inside during practical.

Accenture give salary for intern students among the highest wan for accounting. bt it depends i think big 4 can learn more and more globalised.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:28 PM