Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Serial number on products not the same on the box, SOLVED xbox 360 controller in Viewnet

views

TSericling
post Aug 27 2014, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

Ok guys, thanks for the help. I am going to Lowyat tomorrow and ask for an exchange.
Anyone here has a wired controller? Does the controller have an inline cable release? And how much exactly it weigh?
Arvinaaaaa
post Aug 27 2014, 02:48 PM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Aug 23 2014, 09:43 AM)
So two days ago, I went to Lowyat and Viewnet 3rd floor. I bought a wired PC Xbox controller 360 at the price of RM69. I asked whether it is a new unit or not and the viewnet guy said it is a new unit. I still have my doubts so I asked whether it is refurbished. He then said yes plus he said refurbished wont have this same packaging.
After I bought the controller, I immediately opened the box and checked the controller. The condition is fine, even with the Microsoft hologram.
Then when I start using the controller in my house, something doesnt feel quite right. It feels way lighter, I weigh the controller and it is only 195g.
Finally, I thought of checking the serial number, only to realize the number on the box and the controller is not the same.

I feel quite disappointed which I have been purchasing from Viewnet so many times and even recommend to my friend.
The worst thing is, the controller LB button starting to get loose. To be honest, I feel cheated. I will try to go Lowyat again next week but I am posting here first perhaps people from viewnet can help. Or maybe is there any suggestion on how I should handle this matter? Any help is appreciated.
Kasi hantem sama viewnet..dont let them off the hook easily
TSericling
post Aug 27 2014, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(Arvinaaaaa @ Aug 27 2014, 02:48 PM)
Kasi hantem sama viewnet..dont let them off the hook easily
Want join army or not? brows.gif
Arvinaaaaa
post Aug 27 2014, 03:30 PM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Aug 27 2014, 03:03 PM)
Want join army or not? brows.gif
Im not at kl at the moment (holiday) ..
If im at kl, i would have join the army brows.gif
TSericling
post Sep 1 2014, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

Just went to Viewnet this morning. The staff talked nicely to me although they didn't offer for an exchange/refund at the first time. They gave excuse saying that it's a new batch of products etc. Then, I proved it by pointing out it has no inline cable release, and there is no driver CD.

They then offered cash credit so I would top up RM50 more for the RM119 original controller. I accepted it. I can fairly say it's still a good service from them. At least the staffs are polite.

I would suggest everyone who is going to buy a xbox controller, please lookout for
a) Is there inline cable release on the controller?
b) Is the drivers CD included?
c) Is the controller heavy enough?
d) Is the Microsoft hologram looks 3D? (This is a tricky point) The real microsoft hologram really is 3D. You need to see the 'Microsoft' word pops out like 3D. Not SHINY.

Still feel quite disappointed that Viewnet sells fake products though.

This post has been edited by ericling: Sep 1 2014, 08:25 PM
socratesman
post Sep 3 2014, 11:56 AM

Regular
1,769 posts

Glad u got it sorted out

If u feel like it, maybe report to Microsoft so they can give viewnet a tongue-lashing tongue.gif
piecez
post Sep 13 2014, 07:59 PM

30 posts

I thought Viewnet is trusted?
I just bought xbox controller for rm89 via online last week. It is cheap because of promotion.
Mine come with dvd and not feel so light.
I hope it is not fake, scare will last 1 month only sweat.gif

This post has been edited by piecez: Sep 13 2014, 08:03 PM
Unseen83
post Oct 17 2014, 05:45 PM

TooFAT4U 2Handle!
2,337 posts

what got fake eh ? ? i bought xbox360 controller" ALL IT shop(tired of cap ayam controller 50/50 working or not in my Steam Game) so fork out RM125 for Xbox Controller ... come with box/manual/dvd driver
dannrawr
post Feb 24 2015, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

mine also like this made in china. bought at The Mines. now the joystick is having problem. when i go back to the store, he said warranty finish already. (3 months)
anyone know where i can repair it?
dannrawr
post Feb 24 2015, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

bought august last year

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:38 PM