Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Uber vs MyTeksi, New generation taxi service

views

ReWeR
post Aug 25 2014, 06:28 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Aug 24 2014, 10:04 PM)
From my personal experience, MyTeksi seems to have more cars available when you're out of the city center eg. Puchong to KL etc. Takes 12-15 minutes for Uber to come to my place, usually 5-6 minutes for MyTeksi for example.

I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge/experience by LYN users. I thought most of you were the internet generation or generation Y or whatever they call them now. biggrin.gif Just download the app and try.
QUOTE(rjb123 @ Aug 25 2014, 05:46 AM)
As someone who doesn't drive ...

Have used MyTeksi lots of times - going into KL, to the airport etc. no complaints so far at all.

Used Uber 3 times so far - of course much nicer cars - professional drivers etc. and the free credits for signing up friends is also good.

Yeah, MyTeksi has more cars available - but if you're not in a rush Uber wait isn't that long. Uber not that much more expensive compared to normal taxi I find.

Being billed directly to the card and having a record is also useful (especially for those who claim back as expenses ..)
I'm using MyTeksi quite a few times.

I was wondering what if I need taxi in advance? Like 5am in next week. I don't think MyTeksi able to do that (my friend tried few times said they always FFK one), not sure if Uber able to do that also.
ReWeR
post Aug 25 2014, 09:43 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Aug 25 2014, 09:27 PM)
Done it many times, just select the time and day you need it for - has to be at least 2 hours in the future if I remember correctly.

Never have they not shown up - each time get a follow up call 15 minutes later from MyTeksi staff also to confirm pickup.

This was for early pick ups to the airport - 3/4/5/6/7 AM in the morning
oh well ... i guess need 2 hours advance, cannot be like a week advance

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 AM