Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Turkey (Travel)

oneeleven
post Nov 5 2017, 12:08 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet, don't do this:

I delayed a visit to Hagia Sofia until my last day, Monday when it was closed :-(
gogocan
post Nov 12 2017, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(oneeleven @ Nov 5 2017, 12:08 AM)
Dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet, don't do this: 

I delayed a visit to Hagia Sofia until my last day, Monday when it was closed :-(
Ohh..right they only open on monday from 1/4-31/10.
gogocan
post Nov 12 2017, 03:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ken_zie @ Sep 20 2017, 09:02 PM)
I'll be going to Istanbul on 6-14 Oct. Will be exploring Istanbul and Cappadocia. I wonder how exactly the weather will be like. And my hotel in Cappadocia offered  a package of 2 way shuttle from/to airport, hot air balloon tour, green tour and atv tour for EUR155.
So how was your trip? Can share which hotel u stayed at cappa?
ken_zie
post Nov 14 2017, 04:17 AM

F A I T H

QUOTE(gogocan @ Nov 12 2017, 03:47 PM)
So how was your trip? Can share which hotel u stayed at cappa?
It was great except that the 2 days of waiting for the hot air balloon ended up with disappointment as it was cancelled due to unsuitable wind. I stayed at Turquaz Cave Hotel. Highly recommended due to helpful and friendly staffs.
gogocan
post Nov 14 2017, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ken_zie @ Nov 14 2017, 04:17 AM)
It was great except that the 2 days of waiting for the hot air balloon ended up with disappointment as it was cancelled due to unsuitable wind. I stayed at Turquaz Cave Hotel. Highly recommended due to helpful and friendly staffs.
Stay for 2 days also cannot fly? I only allocate 1 day how..
audy
post Nov 14 2017, 02:20 PM

Casual

Anyone going to Istanbul should visit Hafiz Mustafa café. They have a few outlets in different locations. The desserts are so delicious and so many varieties. I went back twice just to eat those desserts.
audy
post Nov 14 2017, 02:25 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gogocan @ Nov 14 2017, 01:50 PM)
If weather is not favourable, of course they won't fly as it is dangerous but if you get the chance to go up in the hot air balloons, I think it is really worth the price as the sights below are amazing. The Putrajaya hot air balloons is nothing compared to what you can experience in Cappadocia. The champagne at the end of the ride is a welcome too tongue.gif Don't worry, those who don't drink still gets non alcoholic sparkling drinks smile.gif
ken_zie
post Nov 14 2017, 05:55 PM

F A I T H

QUOTE(gogocan @ Nov 14 2017, 01:50 PM)
Depends on your luck. Yep... 2 days before I went already unable to fly. So continuously 4 days. The next day after I left, a friend who stayed for another extra day managed to fly. I don't even feel it's ba windy day but yeah, the wind speed if I remember correctly cannot exceed 9km/per hour or something like that. Theu drove us to the restaurant, had breakfast, told us ready to leave. Then after waiting at outside for the van for few minutes, they mentioned unable to fly. So disappointed. But, will be a reason to go back again. Hahaha...

This post has been edited by ken_zie: Nov 14 2017, 05:58 PM
noslek
post Nov 14 2017, 07:22 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(ken_zie @ Nov 14 2017, 05:55 PM)
Depends on your luck. Yep... 2 days before I went already unable to fly. So continuously 4 days. The next day after I left, a friend who stayed for another extra day managed to fly. I don't even feel it's ba windy day but yeah, the wind speed if I remember correctly cannot exceed 9km/per hour or something like that. Theu drove us to the restaurant, had breakfast, told us ready to leave. Then after waiting at outside for the van for few minutes, they mentioned unable to fly. So disappointed. But, will be a reason to go back again. Hahaha...
I too waited for two days too but no luck to get on the hot air balloon due to bad weather sad.gif
Maybe that’s a sign that I’ll need to make a third trip back to Türkiye!
ken_zie
post Nov 14 2017, 08:09 PM

F A I T H

QUOTE(noslek @ Nov 14 2017, 07:22 PM)
I too waited for two days too but no luck to get on the hot air balloon due to bad weather sad.gif
Maybe that’s a sign that I’ll need to make a third trip back to Türkiye!
So I'm not the only one. When did you went? Somemore that happened on my birthday. hahaha.... Third trip? Wow.... I'll be going back to Turkey for sure. Didn't visit many other places. Fingers crossed I'll be back there next year again.

This post has been edited by ken_zie: Nov 14 2017, 08:10 PM
noslek
post Nov 15 2017, 12:31 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(ken_zie @ Nov 14 2017, 08:09 PM)
So I'm not the only one. When did you went? Somemore that happened on my birthday. hahaha.... Third trip? Wow.... I'll be going back to Turkey for sure. Didn't visit many other places. Fingers crossed I'll be back there next year again.
I was there in Oct 2013 - quite a long while back. Yes Turkey is really pretty and definitely worth the third visit haha..

ken_zie
post Nov 15 2017, 06:46 PM

F A I T H

QUOTE(noslek @ Nov 15 2017, 12:31 AM)
I was there in Oct 2013 - quite a long while back. Yes Turkey is really pretty and definitely worth the third visit haha..
I was there October too this year. Agreed that it's a really pretty and nice place with friendly people. Good and bad it's not gaining as much popularity among non-Muslim travellers compared to other European countries.

13 Pages « < 11 12 13Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0680sec    7.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:03 PM