Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Film | Analog Thread, 35mm, 120, LF Ver. 2, Dedicated to Film and Film cameras. (Photography)

views

CocoMonGo
post May 30 2017, 10:41 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

Hi guys, does anyone here know where to get new or even second hand photo enlarger in Malaysia? I am looking for one preferably able to take 6x6 MF film.
CocoMonGo
post Jun 3 2017, 09:28 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Jun 2 2017, 12:42 PM)
Checked the negative carries is missing for the lucky enlarger  sweat.gif

Just ordered a compact enlarger + easel from Yahoo Japan.
Next is getting the chemicals and paper + construct the darkroom.

[attachmentid=8868596]
How much is shipping from Japan? I am planing to get an enlarger from UK as they have a lot of used enlargers there new and old on ebay and other sites.
Paper and chemicals can be bought from shashinki but I tried calling them a few times to ask about enlargers and those people there are so blur about camera stuff it is a wonder they work there.
CocoMonGo
post Jun 6 2017, 12:21 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

Got a Meopta Opemus 6 BW enlarger for GBP35. Planning to get Paterson film and printing kit new and focus finder before packing everything for shipment to KL. Fortunately I have contact there to help forward me the stuff though a Malaysian shipper; GBP 50 for up to 40kg. Will still be awhile before i get my stuff though.
CocoMonGo
post Jun 6 2017, 06:43 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Jun 6 2017, 11:16 AM)
Any where still can get slide film around KL? for 120 format.
I think the question is where can you CANNOT find film these days. Most of the reputable shops in KL have them now (again).

Color-dot-com @ Uptown Damansara
Shashinki (technically not KL but Johor)
J-One @ Amcorp Mall (saw it last time but dont seem to have now)

This post has been edited by CocoMonGo: Jun 6 2017, 06:44 PM
CocoMonGo
post Jun 7 2017, 12:39 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Jun 6 2017, 06:49 PM)
Slide film boss, color positive slides and I looking for medium format's (120). I dont see it being sold anywhere. And the only one I had gotten is a while ago is expired roll, a Provia.

If there is any place selling more Provia or Velvia or CR2000 it'd be nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_film
Hmmm I hope you did actually click on the links I provided?
CocoMonGo
post Jun 7 2017, 11:13 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Jun 7 2017, 10:22 AM)
Nice that's good value for money and Meopta's have reputation for good build quality.

While you're get spare opal bulbs, replacements are hard to get in Malaysia.
ColorDotCom has it in stock and they're also able to process and mount slides for you  thumbsup.gif
I will look into the condition when it finally arrives. Fortunately enlargers is nothing much more than a projector with a bulb so I am thinking of converting it to a LED light source if required.

BTW are you also getting all the darkroom equipment like trays, focus finder, thongs etc from Japan too?
CocoMonGo
post Jun 20 2017, 10:31 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

dude. what bottles are you getting for your chemical storage? I am planning to get those Accordion Storage Bottle from AP but they are expensive and I have not seen any used but good conditions one yet.
Not planning to get a timer for now unless I find one for cheap but when I convert the bulb to LED for the enlarger I will make a timer using an Arduino controller.

My purchase so far:
1. Meopta Opemus 6 with 3 lenses
2. Ilford EM10 exposure meter
3. Paterson Micro Focus Finder
4. Ilford Multigrade Filters (9x9cm)
5. Paterson Film&Print Kit PTP572 (the only new item I am buying so far. all others are secondhand)

Remaining (so far)
1. Accordion storage bottles
2. Kaiser film spirals (the paterson version is harder to use in the darkroom IMO)

This post has been edited by CocoMonGo: Jun 20 2017, 11:14 PM
CocoMonGo
post Jun 21 2017, 12:01 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(catpowder @ Jun 21 2017, 11:05 AM)
Checked out colordotcom recently..... omg, their Fuji 400H film from RM26/roll now become like RM54... Kodak Portra RM59.  cry.gif  checked on Amazon, also around RM50+ a roll if include shipping. This craft is doomed! How can anyone afford it!? Are there any other cheaper sources to get decent quality film? Or would I just have to accept that it's a dying art / rich person's hobby?

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hmm not very familiar with Fuji as I usually use Ilford. Any particular reason u cannot use other film types? Frankly other than Fuji slide film I would just use Ilford.
CocoMonGo
post Jun 21 2017, 04:42 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

Nice setup dude. Which film development tank are you going to use btw?

For paper and chemicals just use whatever is cheapest for now until a bit more pro. I remember making many test prints before I was happy and processed the final print. Luckily it was all sponsored by my university last time. Since you have the filters look for the Ilford multigrade paper. The other graded papers cannot have their contrast changed by the ilford papers.
CocoMonGo
post Jun 25 2017, 09:04 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

Found this site which looks like it will be very useful for those who process their own film while looking through the Adox site.

Massive Film Development Chart - Digitaltruth.com
CocoMonGo
post Jun 27 2017, 12:58 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(HiroBoroi @ Jun 27 2017, 09:57 AM)
Wow!! Respect!!

I can't justify full darkroom because I don't shoot a lot of film. At the moment even using regular B&W developer like Kodak D76, I think it will expire before I get my money's worth. So I'm using Rodinal. For paper developer, I think there is the Nova slot tank that will make the chems last a bit longer. Downside, you don't get to see image appear like magic if using tray. Good luck with the printing.
Where did you get your Rodinol from? Did you import it or get it here locally?
CocoMonGo
post Sep 6 2017, 12:20 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

I think the question is where can you CANNOT find film these days. Most of the reputable shops in KL have them now (again).

Color-dot-com @ Uptown Damansara
Shashinki (technically not KL but Johor)
J-One @ Amcorp Mall (saw it last time but dont seem to have now)
Besides the above list of shops selling film, can anyone else recommend shops/online stores that also sells film?
CocoMonGo
post Sep 6 2017, 01:14 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Sep 6 2017, 12:46 PM)
Most comprehensive shop I found so far is BangBangGeng at Publika, and one in Atria mall. They do development as well.
Though still no slide film.
Oh awesome didn't know a new shop opened at Atria. I just did some search and also found that YLCamera at Jaya33/Pudu sells film too.

I been to BangBangGeng before last year... And the experience with them was bad. I asked for a raw/TIFF file scan of my film and got back 13MP JPEG file that was only ~2mb. Not going to say I am a genius but I am quite sure that jpeg is not the same as tiff. So when I asked for a rescan, instead of getting a "sorry we don't do it" or "I am not sure how to" the reply I got was "Really,please come teach me. I got no training one". One could just smell the arrogance in that message. Needless to say I swore never to go there again.
CocoMonGo
post Sep 21 2017, 11:04 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(seanooi880327 @ Sep 20 2017, 12:06 PM)
Hi all

anyone know which camera shop in KL/PJ provide repair service for Rangefinder camera? I have one Yashica Electro GSN

Kept I cabinet for almost 6-7 years... Maybe is time to service...
Ving Son Camera Service Centre
941-A, Jalan 17/38 (Section 17)
46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Malaysia

Ex-Nikon malaysia technician and the only camera repair that i know of in Klang Valley as of this moment happy to know of others if anyone can chime in. Most of the people who sell second hand camera around usually quote him as the one who repaired/serviced their camera. Very nice guy and nice to talk to. Just call him before going.
CocoMonGo
post Nov 4 2017, 12:14 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(Grajindo @ Sep 24 2017, 05:43 PM)
Few shots to share taken by Portra 400 and Tx100

user posted imageC043119-R1-04-5A by Victor Ng, on Flickr

user posted imageC043119-R1-02-3A by Victor Ng, on Flickr

user posted imageF1010008 by Victor Ng, on Flickr

user posted imageF1020004(1) by Victor Ng, on Flickr

user posted imageF1020016 by Victor Ng, on Flickr
Dude what are you using for scanning? Scan from the lab or did you scan at home? From negative or print?

CocoMonGo
post Nov 6 2017, 08:10 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(Grajindo @ Nov 4 2017, 10:47 AM)
scan by lab from negative
which lab is it?
I am not getting good scans from my lab so thinking of getting a scanner if i cant find a replacement.
CocoMonGo
post Nov 25 2017, 08:28 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(Grajindo @ Nov 6 2017, 02:52 PM)
mostly from Bang Bang Geng at publika. only the first photo wasnt from BBG. was developed and scanned when i was oversea. where did you scan yours? any samples just to see what do you mean by not getting good scan?
Sorry for the late reply. But this is what i meant. I do not see the same problem with other shots. Dont know if due to poor exposure so there is a lot of compensation or not.
Shot with Rolleicord III

Attached Image
CocoMonGo
post Mar 6 2018, 10:57 AM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

Wondering how many people here are processing their own film and/or making their own prints?

CocoMonGo
post Jun 14 2018, 11:11 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Jun 14 2018, 05:10 PM)
Gotten back one of my film rolls and it seems to have paperback bleeding issue again. Not sure if the film source problematic or the way i keep my film is the matter.

And grossly underexposed, a bit difficult for me to meter at ISO50

Agfa Isolette II + Agnar 4,5/85mm
Ilford Pan F 50 Plus Black and White Negative Film

user posted imageRemilia Scarlet - casual by RICO Lee, on Flickr

user posted imageUrban by RICO Lee, on Flickr

user posted imagePlearnwan by RICO Lee, on Flickr
wow that is a very odd problem that I have never seen before. it seems to be more pronouced in brighter areas. could it be your developer??
CocoMonGo
post Jul 3 2018, 02:41 PM

Ooo Finally
549 posts

If anyone is looking there is a few darkroom enlargers for sale on carousell Malaysia right now.

Edit:
I needed a darkroom timer which I am currently unable to find cheaply or with the right features... so i decided to make a simple one using an Arduino board I had around. So if any one is interested feel free to copy the code.

BOM:
Arduino Uno x1
Arduino LCD Shield x1 (I got both the Arduino and LCD Shield as a package from dx.com here )
USB power supply x1

Optional Items:
5v Piezo buzzer x1
Jumpers/wire x2
Prototyping PCB x1
Female Headers x4
Soldering Iron x1
Soldering Wire x1

Since my board was already from dfrobot I used their code on their site and edited from there Arduino LCD KeyPad Shield (SKU: DFR0009). Arduino sketch is in the spoiler bar below. Note that I am a begineer in arduino so my code is quite crappy but it works for me. Feel free to take this and edit to improve it. Basically with this LCD i decided to make a timer that has two independent clocks that can run seperately. By clicking Up (for timer no 1) and Down (for timer no 2) I start the clock and it beeps at every 50 sec and 1 minute mark. I do not have any use for 30 sec audio warnings since rarely do any of my film development or paper printing require 30 sec intervals.

Features:
- 2 Independent timers indicating minutes and seconds with dedicated switches
- Timers are controlled with the Up (Timer 1) and Down (Timer 2) push buttons to Start, Stop and Reset each time they are pressed
- Select button used to stop and reset both timers together
- Audio buzz at every 0, 50 and 60 second marks
- Four buzz indicator that the second timer has passed the 50 and 60 second mark if the two timers are within 10 second of each other

Pictures:

Code:

Total time to build including learning the codes: 3-4 hours

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by CocoMonGo: Jul 14 2018, 02:11 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0360sec    0.91    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th April 2020 - 05:24 PM